• Published 24th Jun 2015
  • 5,050 Views, 22 Comments

Bringing the fear. - Iceclaw_Gaming



A normal man was browsing at a local convention when a man who called himself 'the merchant' sold him the last part of his Headless Horseman costume, the helmet.

  • ...
16
 22
 5,050

Chapter 3: A token sent out.

"Well then, it seems that our 'friends' home is still in tact, fancy that." I sarcastically say to Discord as we see the magic barrier surrounding the treehouse,I just grin.

"How is that possible, the magic should have died from the fires..." Discord thought on it fora moment before shrugging it off.

"True, but no matter... The town is tone rebuilt and my castle is to be set immediately." I said, "Things will go to plan here Discord.."

Discord took a step back with fake shock, "Well I never!" He staggered before laughing, causing me to chuckle myself.

I scanned the ruins of the town while Discord did... whatever he does. I was not seeing much through the thick ashes of the ruined houses, but I could hear a coughing and crying sound from under a lot of debris. I went over to the ruined house and tossed the scraps off to find a young filly huddled in the material around her, bawling her eyes out.

When she looked up at me she recoiled in shock and barley managed to make words, "A-a-are y-you g-going t-to h-h-hurt m-me?" Is what she managed out.

"Why would I even think of that? Of course I won't hurt you young one." I kindly whisper to her, getting a slight sigh in return. I looked over her body which was cut up from the crash of ruined materials, they were also slightly bleeding. "Oh my... Those look like they hurt... Come here filly, I'll see to them." I say calmly, which does bring her out.

I pick the young filly up and use a small amount of magic on her wounds, closing them up before they could be infected. She squirmed a bit but relaxed after her cuts were healed and closed.

"T-thank you mister..." She slowly said, which got a smile out of me.

"Think nothing of it young one. Now to more important matters, where is your family?" I ask kindly.

The ears on her head went down at the question, "I-I don't have a family..." She said softly, "I also have no name.." She was hiccuping now, and before I knew it, she was crying again.

"There there... I'll take care of you... No child should be left alone..." I whisper to her, getting her to smile, "I'll also have you a name soon enough." I begin to walk to where my future castle will be.


It took weeks to get ponies back into town, but e place was rebuilt shortly after, as was my castle. The young filly, who I came to call her Emerald Dreams, was dozing off on my lap while we watched the clouds roll by.

"Um, dad?" She spoke up to me, "When are we heading home?"

"Shortly Emerald, shortly." I say to her, looking at the sky still. I had managed to get rid of Discord by setting him in stone again, rebuild the town and get myself settled in a few weeks, so I was happy with that. But I was not yet known to others who were possibly out there.

I picked up Emerald and walked back to the castle. Once we got there she went to her room to sleep while I thought on what to use as a token of sorts. I ended up using a small flaming pumpkin.

"To those who would seek a reckoning force, or retribution on their enemy's, call forth the Headless Horseman, and I shall arise to assist." I spoke into the flaming pumpkin before making a small portal and tossing it in after making numerous copy's of it.

"There, my token is sent into the rift, perhaps someone may find it." I said to myself, heading to my own room and closing the door. I go and sit on my bed to think for a moment.

'I have everything set up, let's just hope those who call are willing of my presence.' I thought before turning out my lamp and going to sleep myself.

Author's Note:

Yay! Seth's token is out in the multiverse now. I always like to have a mixed kind of fun and this story suits my needs well.