• Published 28th Jun 2015
  • 3,332 Views, 46 Comments

Metamorphosis - PhoelynFabulous



Twilight was blasted by the Elements of Harmony, creating a huge light show overhead. Twilight was placed onto the ground outside, in a light that was the shape of her cutie mark. Twilight was asleep.

  • ...
6
 46
 3,332

Dangerous

Author's Note:

Chapter 4! Or is it 3... Whatever, I'm counting the prologue as a chapter! Enjoy!

Oh, also, this is as close to a thousand words as I can get. I'm counting it as a thousand, okay!?

Rainbow Dash sat impatiently in the waiting room, rocking her chair. She needed to see Twilight.

She jumped as a streak of pink and magenta ran through the hospital doors and landed next to her. Pinkie Pie was hyperventilating, trying to keep herself from running straight into the room Twilight was in.

Applejack arrived after, doing the same as Pinkie, but slower, and breathing normally.

"Do ya'll think she's okay?" Applejack said in between breaths. She hadn't stopped at all, and was galloping as fast as she could, so it would be normal for her to seem this tired.

"I... I don't know," Rainbow said quickly,"I didn't even read the whole letter before getting my flank over here."

They sat in silence as Rarity walked in. Then Fluttershy fluttered in. Still, there was silence.

They were very quiet until the doctor there said that they could come in. He said it very nervously. "The Princess is in here already, if you were wondering."

They trotted towards Twilight's room. "Is... she okay, Doc?" Applejack said slowly. She hoped Twilight was okay.

"I don't know. We haven't seen anything like this, and it doesn't look good. Definitely not good."

Applejack swallowed hard and walked into the room. The first thing the girls saw was Princess Celestia, looking sad, worried, shocked, and scared, all at the same time.

Then they saw Twilight. A gasp echoed from all five ponies.

Twilight did not look okay.

It was her back. She was laying on her stomach, and as she breathed, she shivered, as if it hurt to do so. Her back had lots of lost fur on it. There were two large patches where fur was supposed to be, but wasn't. And in the middle of the patches...

"T-T-T-T-Twilight?!" Pinkie shrieked, running to her injured friend.

In the middle of the patches, there were two sticks, attempting to poke out from underneath Twilight's flesh, stretching it more then it could handle. They were short, but it was very noticeable. The stretched skin could barely stretch at all, but due to the way the sticks were placed, the skin was forced to, creating bloody scars where the skin ripped. They bled like she had hit her head hard enough to bleed, except on her back.

"Oh... my goodness." Fluttershy half-whimpered half-spoke. It was almost too quiet for anypony to hear.

"Is... is... she okay?" Rainbow Dash said, stuttering in fear. Normally she wouldn't, but her friends being hurt like this was the only thing she truly feared.

"We don't know. She is bleeding, and there is something wrong with her back, but no matter how many tests we do, they always come up saying she's healthy. We don't know what to do."

"Why don't you help her?! Stop the bleeding! Pushed those sticks away!" Rainbow yelled, getting aggressive over the fact that they hadn't saved her injured friend. As she said this, Twilight's skin over the sticks tore a bit more. Rainbow looked at her, horrified, as the new tear began to bleed.

"We... tried that. In short, it didn't go well." The doctor said, now seeming afraid that Rainbow would force him to 'help' Twilight.

His thoughts were correct. "DO IT ANYWAY! I want to see what happens, I want my friend to be safe, you will help her and you're not leaving the hospital until you do!" Rainbow shouted back, shoving him towards Twilight and throwing doctor equipment into his hooves.

He sighed. He put on a stethoscope that was thrown to him by Dash, and lit his horn. His magic grasped Twilight's sticks. The doctor grunted with effort as he gently pushed the sticks down a bit.

Everypony screamed as Twilight's horn lit, and she flailed around, hitting the doctor hard in the face with her hooves. Her magic made everything in the room swirl around her like a tornado, and her own magic lifted her into the air. Pinkie shrieked as Twilight picked her up as well. Even her own magic swirled around her, effected by the storm.

Then everything was still. Twilight fell back down onto the bed, landing on her stomach. She continued to shiver-breathe. Everything her magic once held fell to the floor, including the doctor and Pinkie, who had also been picked up. They made an 'oof' sound as they hit the ground.

"And that," the doctor said, getting up off the floor,"is why we don't help her. It's too dangerous."

-----

I created a whole universe in here!

It really is a pretty good place. I worry what's going on outside of my own head, but I'll be fine! The strange rushing sound came back a couple more times, but I think it's gone for good, whatever it is!

Anyways, I created a whole world! A planet! I don't know what to name it, but it'll be fine without a name! I've learned that the only thing I can't change in this place is the sky and the rushing sound. I can even change the strength of my magic! I can- OH, NOT AGAIN! GO AWAY, STUPID SOUND! WHAT...ARE...YOU! What?! Oh, it's gone now, but... I just learned something about the rushing sound... I wish I didn't. I'm suddenly worried about what's going on outside my dream here. I knew I recognized that my brain was turning something like an emotion into the rushing sound, but... not this one.

While searching through my mind during the sound, I realized what feeling it was trying to be...

Pain.