• Published 28th Jun 2015
  • 3,332 Views, 46 Comments

Metamorphosis - PhoelynFabulous



Twilight was blasted by the Elements of Harmony, creating a huge light show overhead. Twilight was placed onto the ground outside, in a light that was the shape of her cutie mark. Twilight was asleep.

  • ...
6
 46
 3,332

At The Hospital

Author's Note:

In this chapter, we see some Slice of Life! I just wanted to point out why that tag is there.

Also, I'm gonna try to make these chapters 1000 words long each, so enjoy all the words!

A sleeping Twilight was rushed to the hospital as fast as Rainbow could fly. After getting the hospital ponies to Twilight, they said that she needed to get there as soon as possible. For Rainbow, that was the same as telling her to fly her there. As soon as the doctors said this, Rainbow was already throwing Twilight onto her back, and flying off to the hospital again. The wind rushed through her wings as she flapped as fast and hard as she could. She needed to get to the hospital, and as long as Rainbow was the Element of Loyalty, she would rush her there. Though, for some reason - Rainbow Dash couldn't figure out why- Twilight's back felt strange.

-----

Ok, so I don't know where I am. Now what do I do?

All I know, is that I'm in some starry land. I don't know where this land is, or if it's dangerous. This really isn't the best situation. So, what happened for me to get here? I was blasted by the Elements of Harmony after I finished Starswirl's Spell...

No... I can't be...

No. I'm not dead. I feel like I'm alive. If I listen closely, I can hear my breaths. I can control them, too. But I don't try to. I tried holding my breath in here, and something weird happened. It was like I was forced to breathe. Probably not the best idea then. But, if I'm not dead, then... Am I asleep? In a coma, maybe?

Well, I just learned that I'm dreaming, so I can control the dream now! I can pretend that everything is fine! Like... I can write a letter to Princess Celestia! And now a quill, some ink, and a scroll have appeared, simply because I asked the dream to make them exist. Amazing!

-----

Everything seemed fine with Twilight, despite the fact that she was asleep. Her heartbeat was fine, and her health was also normal. The only thing that worried her friends was the sudden moment when Twilight stopped breathing. It was like everpony's heartbeat had stopped, along with time, until a doctor immediately cast a spell to get her breathing again. The spell was only for emergencies, and the Element of Magic suddenly not breathing was definitely an emergency. The five friends breathed a sigh of relief when she started breathing again, but though they were relieved, it barely did anything to help them feel better.

"Will she be okay, Doc?" Pinkie asked slowly, terrified of the answer.

"I... I don't know," the doctor said,"I've never seen anything like this, and if it was done by a spell, I don't know enough about magic to understand."

"Oh my..." Fluttershy said quietly, with a small whimper at the end of her sentence.

"I may not know much about magic too, but I will do anything to help my dear friend." Rarity said, confidence filling her words. "I will be at the library. I want to find any kind of book about magic or health that will help Twilight." Rarity walked out the door, and trotted to the library.

"I'd better go help," Rainbow said,"I might not be a unicorn, but Rarity will need help searching for books."

"No Rainbow, ya'll better stay here. I'll go help Rarity with the books and all that, but if somethin' happens, I reckon ya'll are the fastest way to get the news to us." Applejack said, as she galloped after Rarity.

Rainbow was going to follow anyways, and then realized what Applejack had said. "Yeah, I guess she's right..." she said, landing back on the ground with a small sound from her hooves. The three friends stared at their sleeping friend with worry stuck on their faces. They hoped that Twilight would get better, or that Applejack and Rarity would find something to help. Anything for their friend.

-----

Hearing fast hoofsteps behind her, Rarity turned around to see who was following her. "Rarity!" Applejack yelled from somewhere behind Rarity, galloping towards her as fast as she could.

"Applejack, darling, why did you follow me?" Rarity said. Suddenly, she gasped. "Is something wrong with Twilight?!"

"No, Rarity," Applejack said, already seeing relief on Rarity's face,"I came to help ya'll with the spells and things to save Twilight."

"You're not a unicorn, darling!" Rarity said to her, giving her a confused, slightly annoyed look,"How in Equestria would you help without being a unicorn?!"

Applejack made her own annoyed face as she spoke. "There are other ways I can help without being a unicorn, Rarity." She shot her an angry look,"Don't be racist, now."

"RACIST?!" Rarity shouted angrily,"I am not being racist, I was asking you a question about magic!" She said the word 'racist' like it was dirt in her mouth that she wanted to spit out.

"Well, Rarity, I'm gonna help ya'll find some books that'll help the situation! Is that enough help for you!?"

"Yes, yes it is, not let's get to Twilight's library without SCREAMING mean words at eachother!" Rarity finished with a 'hmph' sound, and angrily trotted towards the library. Then Applejack realized what Rarity had said.

"Rarity, I'm sorry. We're all worried about Twilight, and it's makin' us super upset about things that don't matter. Let's just stop arguin' and help our friend."

Rarity stopped, and looked at Applejack. She was right. They needed to stop arguing over silly things like that. "I'm sorry too, Applejack." she responded and smiled. Together, they galloped to the library to find something that could help.