• Published 19th Jun 2015
  • 1,058 Views, 40 Comments

The Eighth Element?! - PaisleyPerson



What happens when two sonic rainbooms are performed at EXACTLY the same time? Why, it creates a parallel universe, of course. Only, this is a universe where things have gone terribly wrong. Can the Doctor and Ditzy fix it in time?

  • ...
21
 40
 1,058

Chapter 4

Chapter 4

The Doctor cautiously poked his head outside the TARDIS door, suspiciously looking up and down the town square several times. It appeared to be the same Ponyville Plaza he was used to.

“Good morning, Time Turner,” an absent-minded Twilight Sparkle spoke, barely acknowledging him with her nose buried in the morning paper.

“Morning, P-” The stallion attempted a casual response, but his words caught in his throat when he noticed her back. Wingless. In this reality, Twilight Sparkle wasn’t a princess! Just a regular old unicorn! Or did he just get the date wrong again?

Twilight looked expectantly up from her paper at his hesitation. “Is everything alright, Time Turner?”

“Be right back!” the stallion cried, diving back into the police box. Twilight just rolled her eyes and continued on her way. He sure was strange.

Back inside the TARDIS, the Doctor desperately jabbed keys and entered commands. “What is it, Doctor? What’s out there?” Ditzy anxiously paced. She had been required to remain well inside the TARDIS while the Doctor checked things out.

“Oh, that’s a relief,” the Doctor plopped onto his haunches. “I just saw Twilight outside.”

“So?”

“She didn’t have any wings.”

“WHAT?!”

“No need to worry,” he waved her off. “We’ve landed about twenty years in the past. This is when the timeline first started changing, and is well before Twilight would have received her wings anyway.”

“Does that mean everything’s okay?”

“Everything looked normal, and just because the double Rainboom opened up opportunity for alterations doesn’t mean any occurred. However, the chance that nothing happened is next to impossible; things are never that easy. We’d better do some investigating to be safe. I’ll run a scan on the TARDIS and compare the previous timeline to this one to see how much it’s veered off course.”

Another set of commands brought up another set of diagrams, most of which were extremely complicated and written in Gallifreyan. However, Ditzy didn’t need to read the time lords’ native language to interpret what appeared to be the former timeline, which was simply a straight line, and what she assumed must be this alternate reality’s timeline, an EXTREMELY wibbly wobbly path leading WAY off course.

“Whoa!” she exclaimed. “What went wrong?”

“I’m not sure,” the Doctor squinted at the data. “These here are minor fluctuations, but something happens on this day that changes history dramatically. And NOT for the better,” he pointed out the blip marking where both timelines stopped intersecting altogether.

“That’s the day of the Grand Galloping Gala!”

“Think, Ditzy! Do you remember anything about this gala, twenty years ago that held any significance?”

“Um... I don’t know. My first time going to the Gala was when you took me,” she blushed.

“You didn’t hear any rumors? Anything?” Desperation had crept its way into the time lord’s voice.

“Hmm...” Ditzy checked the date again. “I think... this may have been the first gala that Twilight and her friends attended. I remember because everyone claimed that it was the worst gala ever!”

“That’s something!” the Doctor happily bounced, entering yet another set of coordinates and dates into the pilot interface. “Change into a gown, Miss Doo. We’re going to the Gala!”