• Published 19th Jun 2015
  • 1,058 Views, 40 Comments

The Eighth Element?! - PaisleyPerson



What happens when two sonic rainbooms are performed at EXACTLY the same time? Why, it creates a parallel universe, of course. Only, this is a universe where things have gone terribly wrong. Can the Doctor and Ditzy fix it in time?

  • ...
21
 40
 1,058

Chapter 11

Chapter 11

“Well, that was a bust.”

“You think?” Ditzy and the Doctor had regrouped at Sugar Cube Corner. Their ‘date’ had been an absolute disaster. Their love at first sight theory was blown, and Acrylic had been reunited with her sister WAY before she was meant to. Who knew what that would do to the already unstable timeline?

“Now what, Doc?”

“We have to find another way to get them together. Some way to make them realize that they were meant for each other.”

“How are we supposed to do that? It was the Grand Galloping Gala that set the mood for them the first time. In this reality, their first meeting was so awkward that they probably never want to see each other again.”

“Right... so we need to force them to get together.”

“You can’t just shove two ponies in a room and demand, ‘now kiss,’” Ditzy pointed out.

“True... I can’t. But maybe somepony else could.”

“Doctor, whatever you’re thinking, I’m sure it’s a bad idea. We’ve already made a mess of things, and-”

“No, no, listen to me. We can’t play matchmaker, but the Princess of Love could.”

“You aren’t talking about Cadance?” Ditzy gasped.

“Exactly. She knows plenty of love spells!”

“But Doctor, she doesn’t even have her own love life in order. Her wedding won’t be for several more months. And even then, the changelings attacked Canterlot.”

“That’s got nothing to do with this. We just need to convince her to cast a love spell on Torchwood and Acrylic.”

“Assuming we do manage to get her to do that, the love spells are only temporary. Shouldn’t we be looking for a more permanent fix?”

“Don’t you see? We just need to spark their feelings for each other. They’re already there, even if Torch and Acrylic don’t know it yet. If Cadance can bring them out, time should repair itself.”

“That’s what we were counting on last time, and we both know how that turned out.”

“Do you have a better idea?”

“Well...”

“I didn’t think so. Are you in, or not?” Ditzy sighed.

“I guess.”

“Brilliant! Now we just have to figure out how to get them to Canterlot.”

“Now that they know that we know their secret, they’re out for our heads. It shouldn’t be too hard to lead them there.”

“We aren’t running all the way to Canterlot,” the Doctor decisively told her. “And they wouldn’t be able to keep up if we flew overhead in the TARDIS, besides the fact that would draw attention.”

“You egged them on until they came to Ponyville by themselves. Can’t we just do that again?”

“I doubt the same trick would work twice. We’d have to get them REALLY angry, and I don’t think that’s a good idea. They haven’t been ‘purified’ by the Tree of Harmony yet, and can’t help when their tempers flare up.”

“If we can’t get them to Cadance, let’s bring Cadance to them.”

“That’s... not a bad idea, Ditzy! But she won’t agree just because we asked nicely. We need to come up with a really tragic story about how they’ve been fighting.”

“Lying again?” Ditzy was never really comfortable when the Doctor started manipulating ponies. Getting her to lie to Acrylic was bad enough, and now this.

“We have to, if we’re going to set time straight. You don’t want the changelings to actually succeed taking over Equestria, do you?”

“No...”

“So Acrylic and Torchwood are fighting, right. But they really love each other very much. So much that Torchwood was about to propose. But he never got to because of us! We came and started an innocent conversation, but accidentally led him to believe that Acrylic was seeing somepony else. She wasn’t, of course. But since we were the ones that broke them up, we feel responsible for putting things right! What do you think?”

“I think that this is a bad idea.”

“This is a very bad idea, agreed, but what about the cover story? Do you think Cadance will buy it?” Ditzy sighed.

“Maybe.”

“That’s good enough for me. Come on! Let’s pay the Princess a visit!”