• Published 19th Jun 2015
  • 1,058 Views, 40 Comments

The Eighth Element?! - PaisleyPerson



What happens when two sonic rainbooms are performed at EXACTLY the same time? Why, it creates a parallel universe, of course. Only, this is a universe where things have gone terribly wrong. Can the Doctor and Ditzy fix it in time?

  • ...
21
 40
 1,058

Chapter 18

Chapter 18

“WHAT IS GOING ON?!” Cadance shrieked, jumping behind the Doctor as the three ‘earth ponies’ sprouted wings and burst into flame.

“We’re thestrals,” Acrylic briefly explained, bursting out in white fire herself. “But we’re not dangerous... at least not unless we’re under mind control. Really, we mean you no harm. Chrysalis is just manipulating my friends.”

“What’s the plan, Doctor?”

“I don’t know. If they start using their fire, we’re toast.”

“I’m not. Thestrals can’t be burned. At least, not usually. It takes a very skilled dancer to create a flame that hot.”

“Torchwood kind of fits that description,” the Doctor warned.

“My sister’s out there. At least let me try to talk them down.”

“I’m sorry Acrylic, but that’s not your sister. That is a brainwashed drone.”

“Doctor,” Ditzy gently set her hoof on the stallion’s shoulder. He turned, confused. He was trying to protect her- just allowing Acrylic try was like signing their death warrants. Couldn’t she see that? Why was she protesting?

“Let her try, Doctor.”

“But-!”

“Doctor.” Even while lopsided, Ditzy’s golden eyes mesmerized him. For once, the Doctor didn’t know what to say. It was alright, though. Ditzy spoke up for him. She turned to Acrylic, determination flashing in her eyes. “Go.” Acrylic nodded, and, using her wings to put on speed, rushed to meet the oncoming thestrals.

“What did you let her go for? This will never work!”

“It’s the only way, Doctor.”

“It’s hopeless! I’ve already tried waking them with the sonic, and that didn’t work. Chrysalis is feeding off their love for their friend. They’re under her control! And I don’t think ‘true love’s kiss’ is going to fix her sister or her boyfriend. Why, in this timeline, Torchwood has no interest in Acrylic at all!”

“Then how did he fall under Chrysalis’ spell?” The Doctor was about to respond, but then stopped, and simply stared at Cadance. “He must have some feelings for her, if Chrysalis is able to control him,” Cadance went on.

“And weren’t you the one that said it takes months for a changeling to form a firm hold over her victims? Chrysalis is feeding of their love for Acrylic, so Acrylic’s the best choice to snap them out of it now, before the hold becomes too strong.”

“No. No no no no! She is the WORST possible choice! She may be able to revive her sister, and Wild Flower will likely be able to wake Cedar, but Torchwood’s love for her is incredibly weak. He wouldn’t go anywhere near her, especially after we tried to set them up.”

“You tried to set them up?” Cadance glared.

“If Acrylic doesn’t succeed, or accidently provokes him, he could fry her. Then she’ll be dead. When he wakes and realizes what he’s done, there’s a chance we could relapse to the thestral uprising from the first timeline. But this one will happen too early, and Acrylic won’t be there to stop it or receive her Element of Harmony.”

“But he must have some feelings for her. Otherwise Chrysalis wouldn’t be able to control him at all,” Cadance pointed out.

“Maybe we just made them too embarrassed to confess their true feelings,” Ditzy agreed. “Besides, you said his love for her in this timeline is really weak. So shouldn’t he be easy to wake up?”

“On the contrary. He may not even be aware that he has any feelings for her. She has to convince him they’re there, or he’ll never wake up.”

Ditzy bit her lip, suddenly realizing why the Doctor was so apprehensive. “But,” she tried to remain optimistic, “if she does succeed, Torchwood will realize he has feelings for her, they’ll fall in love, and the timeline will be put back on track!”

“Not necessarily,” the Doctor corrected.

“I’m not sure what’s going on here,” Cadance intruded, “but it sounds like you’re both getting ahead of yourselves.”

“Cadance is right. Let’s take this one step at a time,” Ditzy agreed.

“And pray for a miracle.”