• Published 19th Jun 2015
  • 1,058 Views, 40 Comments

The Eighth Element?! - PaisleyPerson



What happens when two sonic rainbooms are performed at EXACTLY the same time? Why, it creates a parallel universe, of course. Only, this is a universe where things have gone terribly wrong. Can the Doctor and Ditzy fix it in time?

  • ...
21
 40
 1,058

Chapter 10

Chapter 10

“Tanks again fur comin,” Ditzy nodded to Acrylic, the picnic basket clenched between her teeth.

“No problem,” Acrylic assured, the rest of the decorating supplies stuffed in her saddlebags. Ditzy felt bad for making Acrylic set up her own date, but given her own clumsiness, it was probably for the best.

“Here’s good.” Ditzy stopped at the top of the hill, where the two lovers would get a nice view of the sunset. Given their date lasted that long, that is. Or if there even was a date. She still hadn’t heard back from the Doctor.

“Right, then. I guess we’ll get-”

“ACRYLIC!”

“What the-” Candles and ribbons flew every which way as the mare was tackled headlong. “Ack! Oooh, umph.” She rubbed her head and tried to get up before realizing that she was still pinned to the ground. “What in the name of... Wild Flower?”

“What the hay, Acrylic? You told me you were moving to the closest town to the Everfree! But when I go looking for you, you’re nowhere to be found!”

“Wild Flower... I’ve been in Ponyville the whole time. Where in Equestria did you look?”

“I scoured all of Appleloosa, and after checking Baltimare, settled there myself.”

“You were on the wrong side of the Everfree,” Acrylic tearfully chuckled.

“Now you tell me,” Wild Flower squeezed her tighter, beginning to tear up herself.

“Well, that crazy pony was right about one thing.” Acrylic tried to peer through Wild Flower’s brown hair to see who’d spoken. She obviously didn’t recognize either of the two stallions looking on, and blushed a deep shade of red. She tried pushing Wild Flower off and standing up to properly introduce herself. Wild Flower beat her to it.

“Acrylic, I want you to meet Cedar.”

“At last, we meet. I’ve heard a lot about you.” Cedar skipped the formalities and went straight in for a hug. Acrylic stiffly stood and tolerated it. The sheer size of both stallions was a bit intimidating, but the fact that he already seemed so comfortable around her was even more troubling. Wild Flower noticed her unease, and giggled.

“He’s my fiancé,” she explained.

“Your WHAT?!” Acrylic jumped back, scrutinizing the stallion more closely this time. He chuckled, but permitted it, sidling up a little closer to Wild Flower in the process.

“And that’s Torchwood. He’s your fiancé, apparently.”

“Excuse me?!” Acrylic choked.

“Sorry, it’s an inside joke,” the brown stallion quickly interrupted. “Earlier today this weird pony came to the door and claimed that you and I were going to get married one day. It was completely bogus, but the strange thing is that he knew everything about us: Wild Flower’s address, all of our names... he even knew about our secret.”

“Our secret?” Acrylic squeaked, becoming increasingly uncomfortable.

“They’re thestrals too,” Wild Flower whispered. Acrylic relaxed ever so slightly.

“Oh.”

“He was trying to drag me out here for a date with you,” Torchwood chuckled, obviously embarrassed. “I obviously wasn’t going to come, but then he let slip that you were Wild Flower’s sister, so we came to check things out, anyway.”

“But... wait! Ditzy! You said you and Time Turner were going out on a date!” Acrylic whipped around and found the pegasus poorly concealed behind the nearest tree. Realizing she was busted, she could only give a nervous giggle.

“Does she know, too?!” Cedar gasped with a start. Ditzy may be clumsy, but she wasn’t stupid. The thestrals used to be extremely protective of their secret. Anyone who knew was liable to be fried. With a squeak of fright, she took to the air.

“I’ll get her!” Torch volunteered.

“Not without exposing your wings, you won’t,” Wild Flower reminded. Torchwood grumbled, realizing she was right.

“Can she be trusted?” Cedar asked Acrylic. The mare’s head spun. How was she supposed to answer? What in the hay just happened?

She was saved from answering when a *VWORP* *VWORP* drew their attention. Wild Flower recognized the blue box from her yard as it materialized, and four pairs of eyes stared at the pony that popped out.

“Am I late?”

Four colors of flames licked at a chipping blue coat of paint.