• Published 19th Jun 2015
  • 1,058 Views, 40 Comments

The Eighth Element?! - PaisleyPerson



What happens when two sonic rainbooms are performed at EXACTLY the same time? Why, it creates a parallel universe, of course. Only, this is a universe where things have gone terribly wrong. Can the Doctor and Ditzy fix it in time?

  • ...
21
 40
 1,058

Chapter 14

Chapter 14

“Ditzy, stop! Please!” But Ditzy had no intention of stopping. Her chest was heaving and she was panting so hard one might thing she was having a panic attack. That wouldn’t have been too far from the truth. Ditzy was scared out of her wits. Too scared to realize that all she had to do to get away was fly. Although, under the dense cover of all these trees, it would have been quite a feat to get up into the air, now. Luckily, that meant Acrylic was also grounded, and Ditzy knew that most of the mare’s speed was in her wings.

Unfortunately, though, Ditzy was not the most graceful of ponies, and in her panicked state, she was klutzier than ever. She somehow managed to trip over a root, somersault into a tree, and become tangled in a bramble bush all in no more than thirty seconds. Acrylic finally stopped above her, panting just as heavily as she was. Ditzy broke out into uncontrollable wailing, trembling and becoming more and more scratched by the brambles.

“P-p-please, d-d-don’t hurt me,” she gasped, shutting her eyes and fearing the worst.

“What? Ditzy, I’d never hurt you,” Acrylic assured, gently setting a hoof on her irregularly heaving side. The pegasus flinched at the touch, and just kept crying.

“I p-p-promise, I won’t tell anyone,” she wept.”

“So you do know, then?” She thought Ditzy nodded, but she was shaking so hard it was difficult to tell. Acrylic sighed. This complicated things, but Ditzy was still a friend. And though she may be clumsy, she was sure the mare was trustworthy. “Come on out of there, Ditzy. You’re all scratched up. I’ll take you home.”

“Wh-wh-what?”

“I’m not just going to leave you like this! Come on, up you go.” She helped pull Ditzy out of the brambles, which was no easy feat considering how the pegasus had managed to fully entangle herself. “You’re alright?”

“Mm-hmm,” Ditzy sniffed. She guiltily looked Acrylic over, hardly daring to make eye contact. The two stood in awkward silence for a moment.

“So... you won’t tell anypony, right?”

“No! Of course not!”

“Thank you, Ditzy. I know this can’t be easy for you, considering our bad rep, but-”

“Oh, no! It’s not that!” she assured. “I just... feel really, really bad about lying to you the other night.”

“The ‘date?’ That’s all?” Acrylic almost grinned, evidently taking it in good humor. “So the whole wing thing doesn’t bother you?”

“Not at all! Promise.”

“How did you even find out?” Acrylic weakly chuckled.

“You wouldn’t believe me if I told you. But it has to do with why we were trying to get you and Torchwood together.”

“I don’t care how far-fetched this story is. After everything that’s happened, I need some sort of explanation.”

“It’s a long story. Really, really long,” Ditzy warned.

“Well, you’ll have plenty of time to tell it, where you’re going.”

“Princess Cadance?”

“Princess?!” Acrylic was quite startled when a pink alicorn descended into their midst, seemingly out of nowhere. “Ditzy, what’s a princess doing here?”

“I was commissioned to put you and Torchwood under a love spell,” Cadance explained.

“Ditzy!” Acrylic scoldingly turned back to her. The pegasus winced, and shamefacedly looked away.

“I’m sorry you were dragged out here, Princess... sorry, I didn’t catch your name.”

“Please,” Cadance’s eyes flashed. “Call me Queen Chrysalis.”


“CHRYS-?!” Ditzy was rendered unable to finish. Both mares were surrounded with a ring of green flame, and they began sinking through the ground.