• Published 29th May 2012
  • 1,050 Views, 15 Comments

Soul on the Night Wings - lunasgirl21



The life of a strange alicorn, Starsweets, and her years as a princess

  • ...
8
 15
 1,050

Prologe

Princess Luna laid down as she held her new daughter in her hooves. She was a sight. She was dark blue like her mother with black hair. But, on her hooves and on the tip of her wings and horn, it started out as solid white, then as it went out, it looked kinda like stars. When she opened her eyes, they were orbs of white and blue. She nuzzled Luna and said her first word. "Mama?" she said yawning. Luna chuckled at the sleepy filly. "You, my little one, are as sweet as sweet can be. But, still, you are a Princess of the night. You, you are my Starsweet." Luna said. Then she started singing. "Starlight, star bright, first star I see tonight, I wish I may, I wish I might, have this wish I wish tonight." After she was done, she nuzzled Starsweet and put her in her crib. The next morning, Luna had royal duties to attend to. Painfully, she left Starsweet in the trusting hooves of Princess Cadence. Cadence played with Starsweet all day until her mother came home. That night, after Luna raised the moon, she took watch of the castle. When she was satisfied, she went back to her room and found somepony was making an attempt of kidnapping Starsweet. Luna bucked them in the eye and they stumbled backwards, dropping the baby princess. Starsweet heard her mother scream and her small, but speedy, wings kicked in and she zoomed back to her mother while the kidnapper did a face plant onto the ground. Luna made a vow that day, that her daughter should be heavily protected at all times.

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

6 Years Later

"Mother?" asked 6 year-old Starsweet. "Yes?" answered Luna, now in her early thirties. "Why do I have to be announced as a Princess of the Night? I thought we already did that!" said Starsweet, blowing a strand of black hair out of her face. "Ummm..... I forgot to mention to everypony that you are my daughter." Luna said, flickering her eyes side to side. "Mother! Is THAT why you keep me cooped up?" asked the annoyed princess. "You'll know someday my Starsweet." said Luna quietly. The young princess by now had discovered her special talent and had earned her cutie mark. It was a crescent moon with a silver heart next to it. She looked kinda sad and angry. I've been alone all these years, and she STILL won't tell me! thought an annoyed princess. "How about you take a trip to Ponyville dear?" Luna said. "I'll be awful busy with royal duties and Aunt Celestia's student, Twilight Sparkle, would be happy to watch you." Luna was actually her to Twilight and Spike to try and make some friends. "Okay Mother. I'll be nice, as always, and try to make some friends." Starsweet said with a weak smile. A small female black and white dragon came in, flapping her wings like nuts. "Don't go! Please don't go!" the black lizard started bawling. "Starlight? I thought you wanted to come with me?" asked the smiling princess to her scaly friend. Luna chuckled at the confused look on the baby dragon's face. "Where are you going? I was talking about that trip to the Everfree Forest you were planning." Starlight said. Starsweet shook her head. "That trip is canceled for now. I'm going to Ponyville until Mother is done with her duties." The next day, with her bags packed up and everything with Starlight on her back, she got on a carriage to carry her to Ponyville. And that little fillies and colts, is where our story begins...