• Published 31st May 2015
  • 1,934 Views, 291 Comments

The First Unicorn on Earth - Baileyjrob



A man wakes up to discover everyone is missing, and he's been transformed into a small unicorn. It's him against the world.

  • ...
16
 291
 1,934

July 31, 2015

Dear Journal,

We're gathering attention. More and more dogs keep gathering around us. After leaving the place where we slept yesterday, we wandered out for a bit, avoiding dogs and such. I realized I left something behind, and ran back to get it. By the time I made it back, dogs were SWARMING the place. We made it out just in the nick of time it seems. Needless to say I didn't try to get what I left. It was just a sandwich. Probably tasted terrible anyways.

We continued our march and I swear there's a higher concentration of dogs around here. Skirmishes between the furry canines have been happening frequently. Jamie and I'd turn a corner to see a dog ripping another dog's throat out, or tearing off it's ribs, or something similar. Jamie's been having a rough time of it. Seeing so much gore isn't good for him, and it probably doesn't help that his mom suffered a painful fate as well.

As for the B.B, they've been holding out as well as always. No matter how much I want to walk around as a biped, and doing so is so much fun, I'm holding off as much as I can. I want as little wear-and-tear on a prototype as I can. Though I must admit for everything bad that's been happening, a field test has been great for these things.

Today as we were wandering we ran into a group of dogs. We didn't see them coming and they saw us. They stared at us and then began barking. Needless to say we ran. As I looked back at them though, I noticed they didn't follow. Even in hindsight I still wouldn't have stayed put though.

Something big is on the horizon... I can feel it. You know how people always say "animal instincts?" I guess they're a real thing. Something's coming.

– Martha

Author's Note:

Away with the short chapters, away! The next will be bigger!

And remember, leave suggestions for anything you want to happen in the comments! I've got something big planned, and I want all the suggestions!