• Published 21st May 2015
  • 6,189 Views, 98 Comments

What one can't have? - Miralusa



Can Sunset Shimmer have a princess and make it work from different realities. Can she have what one can't?

  • ...
24
 98
 6,189

Welcome To The Show

The girls had managed to make it to the Pringles stadium for the finals with relative ease and a shortage of fights… Although each girl wanted to show up at separate times much to the dismay of Sunset.

“Testing, Testing,” Rainbow said speaking into the microphone which produced no sound.

Sunset turned to the sound system and noticed it was turned off. Wouldn’t hurt to make myself useful, Sunset thought to herself as she reached for the sound controls. She increased the volume to max.

“Testing, testing,” Rainbow said into the microphone again but this time was met by a large amount of feedback… Sunset immediately turned the sound system off again. Rainbow glared at Sunset and Sunset just hid her head.

“Does anyone else find it weird how we were the ones who won the semi-finals?” Fluttershy asked while prepping her tambourine for the finals.

“Very weird,” Trixie said walking onto the stage with her two lackeys flanking to either side of her.

“What do you want Trixie, I’m pretty sure the losers sit over there in the cheap seats,” Rainbow said with a cocky smile.

“The great and powerful Trixie shall not be denied her spot as Canterlot High’s most talented student!” Trixie yelled and snapped her fingers.

One of her band members pulled a lever and the floor opened up below the Rainbooms.

The Rainbooms scream as they crash to the floor below in a heap.

“TTFN!” Trixie yelled down at them and the door closed.

Discord came around the corner eating a hamburger. “Twilight, you have to try…” Discord started but hid as he saw Trixie. Something’s wrong, Discord thought to himself. “I guess I have to save the day as usual,” he added with the tips of his fingers placed on his ribs. “I have to do everything around here,” he huffed and chucked the hamburger away as he left the stage.

“Who puts a trap door right under where we’re meant to play?” Sunset asked rubbing her ass where she had so unceremoniously fallen on it.

XXX

The finals had started when night fell but Celestia and Luna had an announcement to make first. They entered the stage of the Pringles Stadium and surveyed the crowd that had gathered.

“Are you all ready for the finals!” Luna yelled into the microphone. Her question was met with loud applause from everyone.

“Well that’s good but we have something to announce,” Celestia stated more professionally than her sister. “We have three very special guests tonight that are very well known in the world of sports entertainment… That being said they have been unfortunately stuck in traffic, but will be here to celebrate with the victors later tonight!” She added maintaining her professional demeanor.

“Now let’s get these finals started!” Luna yelled into the microphone again to which Celestia simply rolled her eyes.

“First up: Trixie and the Illusions,” Celestia stated ignoring her sister's outbursts.

Down below the stage the Rainbooms sat there defeated and drained of all hope. Rainbow charged the door and bashed into it but it would not budge. She attempted this several more times to no avail.

“Would you give it a break, Rainbow you're not helping the situation,” Applejack said in a deflated but irritated tone.

“Well someone has to do something!” Rainbow shot back.

“Maybe it doesn’t even matter anymore, it’s not like the counter-spell would have worked anyways,” Twilight said with her eyes looking to the ground in sorrow.

“Of course it would have,” Applejack said putting a reassuring hand on Twilight’s shoulder. “Assuming someone wasn’t trying to steal the spotlight all the time!” She added staring across at Rainbow.

“So if Twilight’s trying to steal the spotlight from everyone else, you don’t have to be so cryptic about it,” Rainbow said missing the point completely.

“She means you Rainbow Dash,” Rarity scowled as she stepped in front of Twilight.

Twilight stepped back and huddled in the corner rocking back and forth.

“Me? I’m just trying to make my band as awesome as it can be!” Rainbow said pulling her fists toward her in a thrusting motion.

“Our band!” Rarity and Applejack yelled at the same time.

“How did it not work, how do ‘I’ not know what to do?” Twilight asked herself rocking back and forth more rapidly.

Sunset sat beside Twilight and brought her head to her chest stroking her hair gently.

“It may have been your idea to start a band, but it’s not your band!” Applejack yelled now directly in front of Rainbow.

“I’m the one who writes all the songs!” Rainbow shot back throwing her arms wide.

“I write songs, we just never play any of them!” Fluttershy yelled stepping out from behind Rarity.

“I had the most gorgeous costumes for us to wear!” Rarity exclaimed.

“Again with the costumes… Nobody cares what we’re wearing!” Applejack yelled frustrated.

“I do Applejack, so sorry if I want to make a creative contribution to the band,” Rarity shot back seething with anger.

Pinkie then popped up in the middle of them. “Does anyone remember fun, I’ll give you a hint, it’s the exact opposite of being in the Rainbooms!” She screamed.

From there on the girls started fighting amongst themselves and a mixture of teal and green mist started to come off of them and then rose to the roof.

XXX

Up above Trixie had just finished her song with a spectacle of pyrotechnics and fireworks. She walked to the back area with a victorious grin plastered on her face. “Try and top that one,” she said towards Adagio.

“Oh, I don’t know if we can,” Adagio said in mock-desperation.

The Sirens started to laugh and then Adagio motioned for them to stop as the mixture of green and teal mist emerged from the floor.

“Perfect!” Adagio announced as her plan fell into place. “Shall we, ladies,” she added with her devious grin.

XXX

Sunset held Twilight tighter as their various arguments continued on. She then noticed the mist rising to the roof and realized what was going on. Oh no… She thought to herself and let go of Twilight but gave her a reassuring smile and cupped her cheek. “Everything will be alright, baby,” Sunset said and pressed a kiss to Twilight’s forehead.

Twilight managed a weak smile and nodded slowly.

Sunset turned towards her friends and pushed them apart getting in between all five of them. “Stop it!” She screamed. “Don’t you see what they’re trying to do? They’ve been planning this from the start, and they almost have what they want!” She yelled trying to make them see reason.

“But we have the magic of friendship,” Applejack said confused at Sunset’s line of thought.

“Does it look like any of you are friends right now?” Sunset asked swiping her arm past all of them. “Since you started this band you’ve been letting little things get to you. I didn’t want to say anything because I was so new to the whole friendship thing, so I didn’t feel like it was my place,” Sunset said looking to her feet. “The Sirens preyed on those weaknesses and perverted the friendship that you guys have so that it suited their needs,” she added with a sorrowful look on her face.

“All this time this was happening right beneath my nose and I didn’t even realize,” Twilight said now standing up beside Sunset. “I’m meant to be the one with all the answers, but all I’ve done since I got here was let everyone down,” she said her voice cracking with sadness.

Sunset put her hand on Twilight’s shoulder. “Nobody has all the answers, which is why you have your friends to help you out,” Sunset said pointing towards her friends.

“Your right,” Twilight replied.

“I’m sorry Rarity,” Applejack said to Rarity holding out a hand to her. “Is there anyway I can make it up to you?” She asked shyly.

“A nice dinner would be good,” Rarity replied hugging Applejack instead with a wide smile.

Did I just start another relationship? Sunset thought to herself as she watched the display in front of her.

“I’m so sorry Flutters,” Pinkie yelled and hugged Fluttershy tightly.

“It’s ok Pinkie,” Fluttershy replied trying to breathe.

I knew they would patch things up, Sunset thought to herself and put an arm around Twilight and gave her a coy smile. “Am I good or what?” She said proud of herself.

“Don’t get too ahead of yourself, silly filly,” Twilight replied starting to return to normal.

“You know I hate that nickname,” Sunset replied blushing slightly.

“Sure you do,” Twilight said with a knowing smile.

“Don’t I get an apology for anything?” Rainbow asked looking around.

“Come on girls, let’s get out there!” Twilight yelled to the group ignoring Rainbow entirely. They all rushed to the door and bashed only to be flung backwards.

The door then opened and in walked Discord.

“Discord!” The girls all yelled at once.

“You do realize the door was unlocked,” Discord stated in a disappointed tone.

“WHAT!!!” They all screamed at the same time.

Author's Note:

We're almost to the finale now, so now I have two surprises to show you guys, and one is going to be in the next chapter. So there will be three more chapters for this story past this one, but there will be a sequel to it so don't fret. So I hope you enjoyed this chapter and I will see you... In the next chapter! Tarkus/Gwen out