• Published 21st May 2015
  • 6,188 Views, 98 Comments

What one can't have? - Miralusa



Can Sunset Shimmer have a princess and make it work from different realities. Can she have what one can't?

  • ...
24
 98
 6,188

Going Home

Sunset collapsed onto Twilight’s heaving and sweaty chest completely spent. They laid there naked as Sunset pulled the covers over them, the only thing that covered them from the cold.

Twilight put an arm around Sunset and pulled her close. “That was… Wow, just wow,” Twilight said still trying to catch her breath.

“You can say that again,” Sunset replied trying to catch her breath aswell. “That thing you did with your tongue was amazing, where did you learn to do that?” She asked looking at Twilight curiously.

“A book that I read,” Twilight stated simply.

“Of course,” Sunset said with a roll of her eyes and a smile on her face.

“That was amazing Sunset, I never thought I could be more in love with you… It seems that I was wrong. Laying here with you in my arms like this, it just feels right,” Twilight said squeezing Sunsets arm lightly.

“I know what you mean,” Sunset replied and pushed a stray hair out of Twilight’s face and kissed her deeply.

When the two parted they rested their heads against eachothers.

“Love you, baby,” Sunset said looking directly into Twilight’s eyes.

“Love you too, silly filly,” Twilight said but then looked away from Sunset.

Sunset looked at her girlfriend confused for a moment but then realization dawned on her. “You're leaving soon aren’t you?” She asked already knowing the answer.

“I have to, I have responsibilities that I have to attend to in Equestria, I’m still a princess remember,” Twilight replied as she left Sunsets embrace, sat up and looked out the window in Sunset’s room.

“You could stay here… With me,” Sunset said sitting up and putting a hand on Twilight’s back.

“Believe me, I’ve thought about a lot over the past two days,” Twilight said turning to look at Sunset. “But Equestria needs me and I have to find Spike too… I couldn’t live with myself if something happened to him,” She added and looked down towards the sheets.

“At least tell me that you’ll be back soon,” Sunset said hopefully while looking away from Twilight.

Twilight turned Sunset’s head towards her and smiled at Sunset. “Of course I will, the portal will stay open permanently this time, so I can come back whenever I want” she said and cupped Sunset’s cheeks with her hands. “This isn’t goodbye, I’m coming back I promise,” Twilight added and then kissed Sunset lightly.

Tears began to stream down Sunset’s face at this point and she clutched tightly to Twilight’s waist refusing to let go of her. “I’ll miss you,” Sunset said weakly as she looked Twilight in the eyes.

“I’ll miss you too, but I will be back as soon as I can,” Twilight replied her own set of tears now streaming down her face. “Can we just hold each other now, and talk about something else. I just want these moments that we spend together to be happy,” she added wiping her face of her tears.

“Sure, whatever you want,” Sunset said with a smile and laid them both back down so Twilight was resting on her stomach this time. She pulled Twilight close afraid to let go. “So what do you want to talk about?” Sunset asked wishing that tomorrow wouldn’t have to come. I just want this moment to last forever, Sunset thought to herself with sorrow.

XXX

Twilight stood in front of the portal that led back to Equestria and looked over all of her friends. “When I stepped through this portal the last time, I thought that I would never see any of you for over two years,” Twilight started and looked at each of her friends individually and then her eyes fell on Sunset and she smiled. “But I held out hope that I would get to see you all again. This truly has been one of the best couple of days of my life,” she added maintaining her smile as tears starting to form in her eyes. “I stand here now, having an entire speech worked out in my head and I find the words failing me,” she said the tears now falling down her face. “This isn’t going to be goodbye, it’s just goodbye until next time,” She said and her friends all joined in a giant group hug, even Discord.

When the hug ended Pinkie stepped forwards. “We wanted to give you this before you go,” Pinkie said and held out the picture that was taken of them all at the Fall Formal. “You didn’t get to keep a copy last time so we thought you might want to have a copy of your own,” she finished handing Twilight the picture.

“Thanks you guys, this means a lot to me,” Twilight replied trying to hold back the tears now falling freely down her face. Twilight gave each of her friends a hug individually and then arrived at Sunset.

Sunset smiled warmly at Twilight and passed her a small black box. “A little going away present. I had planned to give it to you later on, but you're leaving now so this feels like the best time,” she explained and blushed lightly.

Twilight opened the box and inside was a silver necklace with her initials hanging in the middle. Twilight wrapped her arms around Sunset and cried tears of happiness. “I don’t want to go,” Twilight cried and clutched Sunset tighter.

“But you have to, I can wait a few weeks, I love you Twilight Sparkle,” Sunset said her head buried in Twilight’s shoulder to hide her own tears.

“I love you too, Sunset Shimmer,” Twilight replied burying her head into Sunset’s shoulder as well.

Both of them slowly parted not wanting to leave each other's embrace. Twilight held onto Sunset’s hand and then let her hand slip away as she backed towards the portal, tears falling uncontrollably from her eyes, her lips quivering and she waved towards Sunset and then turned towards the portal.

Sunset turned around as well not wanting to see her girlfriend leave. She closed her eyes and then her fists clenched, It’s not enough, At those thoughts Sunset spun around and ran towards Twilight. She turned Twilight around and kissed her deeply, no tongue, just pure love and passion. Sunset wrapped her arms around Twilight’s waist, Twilight arms finding their way around Sunset’s neck as they cried uncontrollably.

When they finally parted Twilight stepped back slowly towards the portal. “Love you, silly filly,” she said as her hands slowly traced Sunset’s shoulders and arms and then finally to her hands then to the tips and then she looked at Sunset with a look of pure love as her hands left Sunset’s.

“Love you too, baby,” Sunset said returning the look.

Finally Twilight entered the portal.

“Well that’s my cue to leave too I guess,” Discord said and hugged Fluttershy. “I think I’ll miss you most of all, Fluttershy,” he added with a warm smile.

Celestia came out of the school furious about something.

“Gotta go,” Discord said and ran through the portal but popped his head back through to say. “Nice meeting you all,” and then he was gone.

“You get back here now, Mr. De Lancie!” Celestia yelled at Discord as he disappeared through the portal.

“Wonder what that was about?” Pinkie asked.

“Probably best not to know,” Rarity replied.

“Well I don’t know about you guys but me and Gwen are hanging out later on today, so gotta go,” Rainbow announced as she started to run down the street.

“When you get to first base, don’t screw up!” Pinkie yelled after Rainbow.

“Shut up, Pinkie!” Rainbow yelled back but was secretly hoping the same thing.

During this all Sunset was still just staring at the portal and wondered if she should go through it or not. Not today, too many demons to deal with before I go back to Equestria… I’m just not ready.

Rarity clapped a hand on Sunset’s shoulder and Sunset jumped slightly. “Sorry, we were planning on going out for food we were wondering if you wanted to come with us?” Rarity asked.

“No, I’m good, I just need some time alone,” Sunset said with a smile and wiped the tears from her face. “You girls have fun though,” she added and looked at the portal.

“Alright, just remember that we’re here for you if you need it,” Rarity said with a reassuring smile.

“Thanks, Rarity for everything,” Sunset replied and gave Rarity a warm smile.

“Anytime, darling,” Rarity said and began to walk back over to the rest of the girls.

“Hey, Rarity?” Sunset asked not turning around.

“Yeah, Sunset?” Rarity asked turning around curiously.

“Do you love Applejack?” Sunset asked.

Rarity looked over to Applejack and smiled. “I guess I do love her, yes,” she said sincerely.

“That’s good,” Sunset replied with a wide smile as she put a hand to the portal.

XXX

Twilight stumbled back through the portal still crying.

“Twilight!” Her friends screamed and immediately ran to her side as Twilight tried to adjust to her hooves.

“What’s wrong?” Rarity asked Twilight who was crying uncontrollably.

“Mixture of happiness and sadness really,” Twilight managed while trying to stop her crying.

“Twilight!” Cadence yelled and came to her sister in laws side.

“Cadence!” Twilight screamed and hugged her. “What are you doing here?” She asked when they parted from the hug.

“Royal business from the Crystal Empire,” Cadence said matter-of-factly. “So you didn’t bring Sunset back with you this time?” Cadence asked looking at the portal as Discord ran through the portal and barely missed Twilight and everyone else.

“Finally!” Discord yelled and snapped his fingers and flowers fell from the ceiling. “I missed this world so much,” he yelled and started rolling around in the flowers.

“She couldn’t come with me, she has a lot to think about before she comes back to Equestria… She has her own demons to face,” Twilight said looking at the portal in sorrow. she got back down on her hooves and walked towards it.

“That’s so sad to hear,” Cadence said visibly shocked by the news.

“I know, but as soon as I can I’m going back to see her,” Twilight replied smiling now.

“At least there’s that,” Discord said popping up beside Twilight. “Penny for your thought?” He asked and held out a dirty handkerchief.

Twilight just laughed at this. “Thanks, Discord but I think I just need some time alone,” She said still staring at the portal.

“We understand, come on everypony,” Cadence said and ushered everyone out of the room leaving Twilight alone with her thoughts.

“Cadence?” Twilight called after Cadence.

“Yes?” Cadence answered popping her head around the corner.

“Do you love Shining Armor?” Twilight asked still looking at the portal.

“Of course I do, with all my heart,” Cadence said sincerely.

“That’s good,” Twilight whispered just loud enough for Cadence to hear and she placed one of her hooves on the portal.

There’s always hope, Twilight and Sunset thought at the same time.

XXX

Sunset sat at the Pringles Stadium writing in her magical journal the next day.

Dear Twilight,

I miss you, but the girls have really been there for me. I’m now an honorary member of the Rainbooms, lead singer and guitarist much to the protest of Rainbow Dash… But you know how she can be. Everything’s gone back to normal around here and the holes that the Sirens created have been all but stitched up, which is great. I hope you don’t mind if I write to you often to see how you're doing, but we’ll get to talk to eachother in some way at least.

“Hey Sunset, you coming?” Rainbow asked from above Sunset.

Sunset nodded and turned back to the journal.

Gotta go, band practice. talk to you soon, I love you, baby.

Always yours,

Sunset Shimmer.

Sunset grabbed her guitar and raced towards the stage. “Are we all ready?” Sunset asked putting her guitar on.

“Oh yeah!” Rainbow yelled making her best Randy Savage impression.

“1, 2, 3!” Pinkie exclaimed tapping her drum sticks together…

Author's Note:

So this by far was my favorite chapter to write, I got so cracked up writing Sunset and Twilight's goodbye scene that I burst into tears. I dare you all to re-read Sunset and Twilight's goodbye scene while listening to Chasing cars by Snow Patrol and not cry. :rainbowdetermined2: But i hope you all liked it as much as I enjoyed writing it, it was by far the best chapter I've ever written in my view, leave a comment with what you think, and which chapter you thought was the best. There's only one more chapter and then I will reveal the sequel story so you can all be ready for it, expect it to be up by tomorrow. So please R and R and as always I will see you... In the next chapter, Tarkus/Gwen out. :pinkiecrazy: