• Published 21st May 2015
  • 6,181 Views, 98 Comments

What one can't have? - Miralusa



Can Sunset Shimmer have a princess and make it work from different realities. Can she have what one can't?

  • ...
24
 98
 6,181

The Final Showdown

The girls sat on the floor dumbstruck at Discords comment.

“Really? There are seven of you, and no one thought to try the door knob?” Discord asked trying to hold back on laughing.

“Can we just move one,” Twilight replied closing her eyes in embarrassment. “Wait a minute what took you so long?” She asked with her eyes shooting open.

“Well…” Discord started confidently but then his head drooped down in disappointment. “I didn’t know where the door was, so I found the only person that wasn’t brainwashed by the sirens,” he stated pointing towards the door.

Vinyl Scratch emerged from around the corner and gave the thumbs up.

“How come she isn’t affected?” Twilight asked as Discord motioned for a hug to which Twilight declined.

“She doesn’t take her headphones off,” Discord replied slightly down that his hug got turned down.

Vinyl nodded her head furiously at this.

“Seems legit,” Rainbow said standing back up.

“Well girls, let’s do this,” Twilight announced her hope rejuvenated.

“What about the counterspell?” Applejack asked.

“I don’t think it matters what song we play, so long as we play it together as friends!” Twilight said gleefully.

“And I know the perfect song,” Rainbow said to which the girls were slightly concerned as to what her plan was. Rainbow approached Fluttershy. “Fluttershy wrote a great song,” she said patting Fluttershy on the shoulder happily.

Fluttershy screamed with excitement at Rainbow’s comment and Pinkie simply smiled at her girlfriend.

“See, I told you so,” Pinkie said and pulled Fluttershy into a hug to which Fluttershy gladly returned.

“I know that we’re saving the world and all, but I think we should do it in style,” Applejack said and looked towards Rarity.

“I thought you’d never ask!” Rarity exclaimed excitedly and pulled a clothes rack out of nowhere. “I even have one for Sunset Shimmer,” she added pulling out an orange and yellow dress with her cutie mark stitched on it.

“Not happening, I don’t do dresses,” Sunset replied immediately pointing at Rarity.

Rarity sighed. “Fine, everyone else grab your costumes!” Rarity yelled and the rest of the girls went for their costumes and Discord searched the rack for his.

“Oh this one looks lovely,” Discord said pulling out the dress meant for Rainbow. “A bit small though…” He added eyeing it closely and comparing it to his size.

“That’s because it’s mine,” Rainbow said and snatched the dress from Discords hands.

“But where’s mine?” Discord asked looking at the now empty rack.

“Next time, Discord promise,” Twilight said clapping a reassuring hand on Discord’s shoulder. “Alright girls, let’s go save the world!” She announced forming her other hand into a fist.

XXX

The Rainbooms reached a hill that was overlooking the Pringles stadium. They saw that the Dazzlings had already started their song and the crowd was swaying to every rhythm of the song.

“How are we meant to play over them from up here?” Rainbow asked looking around.

Don’t worry I have a plan…” Discord stated triumphantly and took a deep breath. “EVERYBODY PANIC!” He screamed and started running in circles.

Vinyl Scratch drove her car up over the hill and deployed it into a makeshift amp/dj station.

“Wow, I didn’t see that one coming,” Sunset said in amazement as the girls started to plug their instruments into it.

“Yes, this was all part of my plan!” Discord announced recomposing himself.

“Sure it was,” Applejack shot back as she pushed past him to get into her position for the song.

Sunset stood to the side with Discord as the girls composed themselves. Twilight turned to Sunset and gave her a warm smile and then the song started.

Waiting in the wings while your so called friends take all the credit, That same thought played over and over in her mind as the Twilight started to sing. She was quickly pulled out of her trance when she heard the way Twilight was singing, her heart was fully invested in this now, and her singing was truly beautiful.

The Rainbooms had achieved their super forms within a few seconds, proving that their friendship was stronger than ever.

Go get em girls, Sunset thought to herself.

“So the Rainbooms want to turn this into a real battle of the bands… Then let’s battle,” Adagio said with confident smile, the Sirens continued their song and soon began to transform into their equestrian forms. Giant half dragon half fish beings emerged from their bodies and began flying around the stadium.

The Rainbooms attempted to retaliate by playing harder. Their magic started to emanate from their instruments forming solid objects consisted of their cutie marks, which were then aimed directly at the Sirens.

The Sirens were taken off guard by this momentarily, but they quickly retaliated and the Rainbooms were knocked down, almost helpless at this point.

Twilight’s microphone flew out of her hand and landed right in front of Sunset. Sunset backed up slightly from the microphone and looked over at her friends in fear.

Twilight looked across to Sunset and it hit her. “Sunset we need you!” She yelled stretching her arm out towards Sunset.

“To give us back the microphone!” Rainbow yelled crawling in front of Twilight.

Twilight angrily pushed Rainbow to the side. “To sing!” Twilight yelled correcting Rainbow.

Sunset picked up the microphone and looked at it nervously. Love you too, silly filly, she then looked up in defiance and her fists clenched. She took her jacket off while stepping in front of her friends.

“Oh, jackets off now I’m getting out of here,” Discord threw his arms up and walked off.

The Sirens looked at her like she was a midnight snack. Sunset closed her eyes and took a deep breath and then opened them confidently.

Vinyl popped a new record on the player and started it up.

“You're never gonna bring me down. You're never gonna break this part of me. My friends are here to bring me 'round. Not singing just for popularity,” Sunset started singing and then helped Twilight up.

“We're here to let you know. That we won't let it go,” Sunset and Twilight started to sing together and the rest of the Rainbooms got back up and started playing.

“Our music is a bomb and it's about to blow,” The Rainbooms all sang at once as a light began to emanate from them.

The Sirens tried to charge them at this point.

“And you can try to fight. But we have got the light of Friendship on our side!” The Rainbooms sang together and the light became blinding. It then released as a wave that pushed the Sirens back and released the rest of the students from the Sirens hold.

Got the music in our hearts. We're here to blow this thing apart. And together, we will never. Be afraid of the dark!” The Rainbooms sang as Sunset began her transformation to her super form.

“Here to sing our song out loud. Get you dancing with the crowd. As the music of our friendship survives, survives!” They sang and Sunset grew her ponytail and ears.

The entire crowd now joined in with the Rainbooms and the demonic figures of the Sirens had been completely vanquished. “Got the music in our hearts. We're here to blow this thing apart. And together, we will never. Be afraid of the dark!” A giant Alicorn formed in the sky.

“Here to sing our song out loud. Get you dancing with the crowd As the music of our friendship, survives, survives, survives!” The Alicorn unleashed a giant blast of rainbows at the Sirens as the Sirens looked on in horror at their demise.

The entire stadium and surrounding area were covered in a giant blaze of light blinding everyone temporarily. This light shattered the medallions that hung around the Sirens necks.

When the light began to fade the Sirens surveyed the crowd and started trying to sing. Their words came out as off key and extremely high pitched. The crowd booed them out of the stadium and threw whatever they could find at them.

It’s finally over, Sunset thought to herself relieved and happy. She looked over to her friends to find Rarity had pretty much tackled Applejack to the ground and was kissing her furiously. Oh that image is going to haunt me for a long time, Sunset thought to herself shielding her eyes. Sunset looked over at Pinkie and Fluttershy who were in a less ferocious lip lock. She then looked back to Twilight who was looking at her with a ‘I’m waiting’ look plastered on her face. Sunset quickly wrapped her hands around Twilight’s waist and lowered her down and kissed much to the delight of the crowd who cheered for their saviors.

XXX

Rainbow picked up the shattered piece of one of the medallions.

“Looks like we know how the sirens were able to brainwash everyone,” Sunset said looking closely at the shard in Rainbow’s hand.

Pinkie handed Rarity fifty dollars.

“Are you guys serious?” Sunset asked.

It seemed like a good idea at the time,” Pinkie replied.

Sunset sighed.

Flash ran onto the stage and hugged Twilight. “My hero,” He said as he pulled back slightly to look at her.

Twilight looked Sunset and Sunset gave her a serious look. Twilight looked down and then back to Flash. “Listen Flash, we need to talk…” Twilight started.

Trixie popped up out of nowhere and got in between Twilight and Flash. “You may have vanquished the Dazzlings but you can stop the amazing showstopping ability-” Trixie’s rant was stopped dead by a kick to the face from Shawn Michaels. She spun around only to be lifted onto the shoulders of John Cena and launched off the other side only to have Randy Orton grab hold of her head and make her descent to the ground even quicker.

“Nobody has more showstopping ability than the Showstopper!” Shawn yelled to the crowd and did a spin in place raising his arms to the sky.

“Umm who are these people?” Fluttershy asked timidly and grabbed a hold of Pinkies arm.

“These are the special guests that are here to celebrate with you,” Celestia said coming onto the stage. “Not injure our school body,” she added sternly.

“Sorry we got a bit carried away and besides she’s fine,” Randy said waving a hand in dismissal to her concerns.

“Trixie’s ok,” Trixie managed barely able to stay conscious.

“See,” Randy stated.

“So you're the Rainbooms huh?” Cena asked quickly changing the subject.

“We sure are,” Sunset replied. “We could have used you guys a couple of minutes ago though,” she added crossing her arms.

“Traffic’s a bitch,” Cena replied. “But hey enough of that, let’s celebrate your victory over the Dazzlings,” He added and turned the Rainbooms towards the crowd and they started posing for the crowd.

XXX

Twilight and Sunset sat across from Flash on the stage just after the posing had finished.

“What’s she doing here, I thought you wanted to talk?” Flash asked eyeing Sunset suspiciously.

“It involves her,” Twilight said and grabbed a hold of Sunset’s hand.

“I think I know where this is going,” Flash sighed looking at the display of affection.

“I’m sorry Flash, but I just love Sunset more,” Twilight said trying to comfort him.

“I understand,” Flash said honestly. “She’s the better man… Woman in this case,” he corrected himself and stood up and walked over to Sunset and extended his hand. “Promise you’ll keep her safe,” he said as Sunset accepted the handshake.

“I promise,” Sunset said confidently.

“And if you hurt her I’m coming after you,” Flash said pointing at Sunset.

“I’ll hand you the chair myself if I do,” Sunset replied in all seriousness.

Flash smirked at this and then turned to Twilight. “So friends?” Flash asked.

“Of course,” Twilight replied and gave Flash a quick hug.

Flash then left the stage with a wave goodbye to each of the Rainbooms.

Sunset and Twilight rejoined their friends. Applejack had her arm around Rarity and Pinkie had both of her arms around Fluttershy's waist... And Rainbow was ranting again.

“Seriously, all of you are dating now, what happens next Discord and Celestia?” Rainbow said to which Discord perked up.

“Tell me about it,” A girl said who had her legs hanging over the edge of the stage. “Oh sorry I didn’t mean to eavesdrop,” she added quickly.

“No problem, I’m Rainbow Dash.” Rainbow said and sat down beside her.

“Gwen,” The girl said. “That is my name is Gwen,” she quickly added nervously.

“Twilight would you care to join me for this one?” Discord asked as he sat behind a piano.

“Oh why not?” Twilight said and joined him on the piano.

“Love is in bloom!” Twilight and Discord began singing as they played the tune on the piano.

“Shut up!” Rainbow yelled at the two as everyone started to laugh uncontrollably.

Gwen simply giggled and blushed at this.

Rainbow turned to get a proper look at Gwen. She wore a similar dress to Rainbow except it was a dark red and her hair was light red with a streak of dark green in it, her hair reached down to her shoulders.

Rainbow realized she was staring and blushed and looked away quickly.

“Just kiss already!” Fluttershy yelled much to the surprise of everyone who stopped immediately and looked over at her. “I mean if you want to,” Fluttershy whispered returning to her shy personality and hid behind Pinkie. Everyone laughed at this…

XXX

As the band was packing up to go Sunset approached Twilight with a sway to her hips. As Twilight was wrapping up her microphone Sunset snaked her arms around Twilight from behind and put her head beside Twilight’s.

“So world’s saved and we have time to spend together…” Sunset whispered intimately into Twilight’s ear and gave a quick squeeze to one of Twilight’s breasts. “Why don’t we go back to my place and finish what we started at Pinkie’s, eh baby?” She added placing a kiss on Twilight’s neck.

“If you don’t stop that right now we might not make it to your place,” Twilight whispered back seductively.

“Ooh feisty. Well then let’s speak no more,” Sunset whispered back and took Twilight by the hand and led her to her motorbike.

“What about packing up?” Twilight asked.

“Don’t worry, you two have fun now,” Rarity yelled with a wink from the stage.

“Looks like we have the go-ahead,” Sunset said with a devious smirk on her face as she passed Twilight a helmet.

Sunset got on the motorbike and put on her helmet, Twilight got on behind her and held on tightly to Sunset.

“So where am I sitting?” Discord asked popping up beside them.

“You can sleep at Pinkie’s again, but you are ‘not’ coming with us,” Sunset said rather annoyed.

“Sorry Discord, but me and Sunset need time alone,” Twilight said.

Sunset started up the motorbike and the two lovers began their trip to Sunset’s place leaving behind an emotionally hurt Discord.

“How rude,” Discord stated indignantly and then looked across to see Celestia standing in the parking lot. “Well hello there,” he said moving over to Celestia with a macho strut. It’s not so bad I guess, he thought to himself happily.

Author's Note:

So this was a long chapter with a lot of twists and turns near the end. So for clarification Shawn Michaels, John Cena, and Randy Orton are all professional wrestlers from the WWE. Also Gwen is my OC character and also my avatar as well, I decided to put her in this chapter because I wanted Rainbow to be with someone, I realize I'm rather harsh on her in this story but that's because I hated her during the Rainbow Rocks movie, so hopefully this makes up for this. I've also been thinking about writing that scene with Trixie in it ever since I saw that part in the movie. But other than that I want to say also that I won't be writing clop/smut in the next chapter for all those who are wondering, I want to keep this teen rated and I don't really want to write clop anyways. That being said there are only two chapters left until the end. So I really hope you enjoyed this chapter as much as I enjoyed writing it, please leave a comment with what you think and as always, I will see you... In the next chapter, Tarkus/Gwen out