• Published 21st May 2015
  • 6,187 Views, 98 Comments

What one can't have? - Miralusa



Can Sunset Shimmer have a princess and make it work from different realities. Can she have what one can't?

  • ...
24
 98
 6,187

Prologue

Author's Note:

We're back baby! So it's been a while, if you haven't read my profile yet, then I will say that I have been reborn a brony! I have recently watched the entire series and movies, so I am more knowledgeable. So I hope you all like this one, and yes I know that Sunset/Twilight is a very common thing, but I just think that they're perfect together. So here goes, and I will see you... in the next chapter! Enjoy!

What one can’t have?
Prologue

Sunset Shimmer laid in the crater right after the rainbow of friendship had hit her, tears started to well in her eyes and she cried. I didn’t know it would be like this, what have I done? She thought to herself as she tried to pull herself out of the crater.

“You will never rule in Equestria, any power you had here is gone!” Twilight stated and looks to her left. “You’ve shown everyone who you really are, you’ve shown them what is truly in your heart,” She finished staring back down at Sunset.

“I-I’m sorry, I’m so sorry… I didn’t know there was another way,” Sunset said through her sobbing and looks at everyone around the crater.

“The magic of friendship doesn’t just exist in Equestria,” Twilight stated and turns around. “It’s everywhere, you can seek it out… Or you can be forever alone, the choice is yours,” She finished with a cold undertone to her voice.

Sunset manages to pull herself up onto the edge of the crater. “But all I’ve done since I got here is drive everyone apart… I don’t know the first thing about friendship,” Sunset replied, her tears now making a pool on the ground. Twilight offers her a hand up.

“I bet they can teach you,” Twilight stated pointing towards her friends. Sunset looks to them but then she looks to the hand that was being held by Twilight. Sunset felt something in that moment, but she couldn’t quite place the feeling. Is this the magic of friendship, Sunset thought to herself. Whatever it is I like the feeling.


Sunset Shimmer sat outside the gym as the fall formal was going on, she had taken quite the hit from the mane six and was recuperating from the blast. It had been a rough night for everyone and she had been the cause for it, turning into a she-demon, turning everyone into mindless zombies… And blowing a hole in the side of the school. And they actually forgave me for that, do I really deserve it though? Sunset thought to herself as she stepped towards the door to the gym. She peered through the door to see everyone having the time of their lives, it’s almost like nothing had happened at all… But it did, and I have to pay for it, Sunset thought to herself with a sorrowful look on her face. Just as she was about to close the door her eyes fell upon the girl of the hour, Twilight Sparkle, doing the strangest dance Sunset had ever seen. She couldn’t help but giggle at her dance, but then it turned to a frown as she saw Flash Sentry join the dance. For some reason Sunset felt angry when she saw Flash Sentry with Twilight Sparkle, Sunsets hands clamped down on the door frame. They’re just dancing, so why do I feel angry. Is it because of Flash… I wasn’t really in love with him though, I just used him to become more popular, then Sunset looked at Twilight, and then at her body… She hadn’t realized how beautiful Twilight was before. She certainly has nice plot… Wait a minute, do I have a thing for Twilight? That’s impossible, we’re both the same sex, how would that even work? Sunset backed away from the door and let the door close, Sunset put a hand on her forehead and dropped to the floor. I’m in love with Twilight Sparkle, how can I have what I can’t? The door to the gym suddenly opened and out emerged vice-principal Luna.

“Ah, Miss Shimmer there you are, come with me,” Luna stated simply. Sunset follows closely behind her, Time to get to work I guess.


Twilight Stood at the portal back to Equestria with the five human copies of her friends. “You’ll look out for her won’t you?” Twilight asked looking over at Sunset who is standing awkwardly at the blown out section of the school.

“Of course we will, although I do expect some sort of apology for last spring's debacle,” Rarity states crossing her arms and giving a slight glare towards Sunset.

“I have a feeling she’ll be handing out a lot of apologies.” Twilight replies as Luna hands Sunset a slate.

“We better get going,” Spike states motioning towards the portal in which Twilight nods in agreement.

“I know we’ve only been friends for a short time, but I’m going to miss you all so much,” Twilight states with tears in her eyes and her
hands crossed over her chest.

On the other side of the courtyard Sunset watches as Twilight turns to leave, She looks down at the slate and then back to Twilight, Now or never, Sunset. “I’ll be right back,” Sunset said, dropping the slate and started running towards Twilight before Luna could react in time. She pushed past Applejack and Rainbow Dash, “Twilight, wait!” Sunset yells. Twilight turns around just in time to have her lips enveloped by Sunsets. Sunset was nervous at first but relaxed when Twilight actually started kissing back, She likes me back, she actually likes me! Sunset yells in her mind. Twilight was having similar thoughts of disbelief and excitement. When they finally parted Twilight put a hand on Sunsets cheek and rubbed it briefly with a wide smile on her face.

“Thank you,” was all that Twilight said before she went through the portal. Spike just gave her a glare as he followed suit. Sunset stood there with a big smile on her face, still not believing what had just happened. She turned around towards her new friends whose mouths were hanging open.

“I won!” Pinkie screamed, “Rarity owes me fifty bucks!” She added sticking her face right in Rarity’s.

“(sigh) Fine,” Rarity replied producing a fifty dollar bill.

“You guys took bets on whether I liked Twilight or not?” Sunset asked confused.

“No darling, we took bets on where you would admit your feelings for her,” Rarity replied.

“I knew it was going to be here because it would be the last chance to admit your feelings to her, and I knew you were new to the whole friendship thing which means you wouldn't have been certain of your feelings for Twilight. So this made the most sense!” Pinkie Pie stated with a wide smile getting up in Sunsets face.

“Ok, I get it… Wait you guys knew?” Sunset asked in disbelief.

“We saw it when you were holding her hand.” Rainbow stated.

“Was I that obvious?” Sunset asked awkwardly.

“Like a donkey at a horse-show.” Applejack interjects with her witty country-isms. Luna pushes past Applejack and Rainbow Dash.

“Miss Shimmer, when your good and ready you can write up a five page essay on the importance of punctuality, and also that wall isn't going to fix itself.” Luna stated pointing towards the giant hole in the wall.

“(Sigh) I’ll see you guys later.” Sunset stated as she followed behind Luna.

“Also, it’s about time you kissed her, I lost twenty dollars to principal Celestia because of that.” Luna stated angrily. “You should have kissed her at the dance.” She added.

“Are you kidding me?!?” Sunset replied in disbelief, stopping dead in her tracks.


Twilight stumbled out of the portal. “Twilight!” her friends yelled in unison and hug her.

“Where is Sunset Shimmer?” Celestia asked concerned about where she was.

“She’s in good hands.” Twilight replied in a certain tone.

“You kissed her didn’t you?” Pinkie stated simply.

“What, no!” Twilight said trying to hide a blush.

“You totally did!” Pinkie Pie screamed.

“Really, What was it like?” Rarity asked getting uncomfortably close to Twilight.

“I’m not telling you guys.” Twilight replied as they started to leave the room.

“Oh come on, we’re your best friends.” Fluttershy stated.

“Can we change the subject, I don’t really want to hear about Twilight's love-life.” Rainbow Dash stated.

“Thank you, Rainbow Dash.” Twilight replied gratefully. All the time through this Celestia is sitting there with mixture of concern and humor on her face. This could end badly, but if Twilight opened up like that to her, Sunset must have changed. Only time can tell, Celestia thought to herself.

Twilight looked out one of the windows of the castle at the moon, and Sunset looked up at the moon in CHS and they thought at the same time, I’ll wait for you, no matter what. Twilight looked down at the floor. “Only thirty moons, I can’t wait!” she whispers excitedly.