• Published 7th Jun 2015
  • 2,603 Views, 41 Comments

A Beauty with a Beast - DeadlyPegasister



Rarity and Spike have finally done it. No, literally. They've done it. And with Zecora's help, the outcome is rather... hard-shelled.

  • ...
12
 41
 2,603

The Strangest of Foals

Spike puffed another breath of fire onto the cooling eggs.

Spike hated the flavor, smell, and mess of the charcoal he had to eat. But it was necessary if they wanted their foals to hatch. So charcoal for a snack it was.

"Spikey," Rarity said, nearly whining, "Could you at least keep the charcoal in it's bag, or in a bowl, or SOMETHING to keep it off the floor? It's making a massive mess that I need to keep cleaning!"

Spike replied wearily, "It'll only be another day or so before the eggs hatch. I don't enjoy having to get up so early to keep the eggs warm..." Spike started to doze off, his head drooping. Rarity grabbed his cheeks and patted his face to wake him up.

"Don't worry, Spike, as soon as these eggs hatch, I'm getting up with them. Now, go take a nap for a little bit, I'll wake you when they need to be warmed." Spike hummed out a "Mm-hm..." as he wandered off towards the bedroom. Rarity laid down next to the eggs and wrapped her hooves around them, slightly burning her front legs. She let them burn. "I'll always love you two... No matter what you," Rarity yawned, "look like..."


An enormous CRACK filled the room, and Rarity jumped awake. A long crack had formed on the shell of one of the eggs. Frozen, Rarity watched as a small hole was pushed out by a pair of dark violet claws. Another loud CRACK sounded, shaking Rarity out of her stupor and racing to get Spike. "SpikeSpikeSpikeSpikeSpike!" Rarity called on her way up the stairs. He called down a lazy, "Hmmm?" "The eggs are hatching!" she shouted. Rarity heard a loud thud and felt the stairs shake.

"I'LL GO GET FLUTTERSHY!!" Spike shouted as he made his way out the door. Rarity rushed up the stairs to the bathroom, grabbed some towels, and returned downstairs. When she got there, a tiny white leg tipped with deep violet claws was jutting from one of the eggs, while a small pale violet mouth was biting away at the edge of a hole on the other egg.

Spike was back in no time, Fluttershy clinging tightly to his neck. Rainbow Dash and Twilight weren't far behind, and Applejack and Pinkie Pie made up the rear.

"Don't worry guys," Fluttershy said softly, "they'll make their way out on their own. We need to give them time and plenty of space just in case they can breath fire."

"'Just in case'?" Dash asked, bewildered.

Applejack replied for Fluttershy, "Well, what do you expect, Dash? This is the first case of hybrid anything anypony's ever dealt with!"

"Oh, that's not entirely true," Fluttershy said. "Just the first case of pony hybrid anythings."

It took well over two hours for the eggs to hatch, and in that time a crowd had formed. Photographers were constantly snapping pictures as the babies made their ways out of their shells. The first baby to make it's way out was a little female with a white body, dragon wings, a dragon tail, a tiny horn, deep violet hair, and a lot of violet scales. The next was a male with a similarly white body, dragon wings, a dragon tail, matching hair, and just as many violet scales as his sister. 'Ooh's and 'Aah's filled the boutique as the two wandered around a little bit, until the little male burped up a red flame, and somepony screamed.

"This is quite the educational scenario! I definitely have to send some of my research to Princess Celestia, we need a book on hybrid babies as soon as possible," Twilight said, a quill scribbling furiously on a small pad.

"Twilight, dear," Rarity said, laughing, "it appears you've practically already written your book on these babies!" A thick wad of papers was held in the air next to Twilight, but she was unfazed by Rarity's comment as she tore off the next sheet and added it to the pile.

"All in the name of education, Rarity," Twilight said.

Rainbow snorted loudly before bursting into laughter. "Twi-Twilight - you're such - an - EGGHEAD!" Dash called between breaths.

Rarity chuckled, and looked back at her foals. Several ideas for names started to make her daydream, but she came quickly back to consciousness seeing the filly wander over to Rapid, whom Dash had brought due to Soarin being at work. "D-Dash, we have to keep an eye on Rapid- EEP!" Rarity squealed as her foal placed a clawed hoof on Rapids muzzle. Dash was frozen in fear, but Rapid just giggled and did the same.

Rarity sighed and picked up her foals, only to have to sit down due to their combined weight. "So," Fluttershy said quietly, "what are their names going to be?" Rarity leaned over to Spike and whispered a few things to him, then leaned back.

"We've decided on Beautiful Crystal and Mystical Beast."

Author's Note:

Dear Readers,
Sorry, I can't come up with much more. I was planning to make the next part be another 1 Month Birthday thing for Beauty and Beast, but no matter.
I'll be putting in some conflict, a surprise, and a birthday into the next chapter.
Hope you guys enjoy the story so far, and cheers!
Sincerely,
DeadlyPegasister