• Published 17th May 2015
  • 688 Views, 14 Comments

Discorded Love - CoolGrl197



Discord doesn't know who to choose. Fluttershy or Celestia.

  • ...
16
 14
 688

Chapter 1

Raising the sun, setting the sun. That was basically Celestia's whole 17 years of living... Something related to the sun. But her name meant the skies, not exactly the sun.... So why did she have to raise the sun and set it? Her Royal Duties. Celestia wasn't just an ordinary pony, she was an alicorn princess. And together with her younger sister, Luna, she created the day and night. Now Celestia was lying down on her soft four-poster bed, so tired and worn out of all her duties. She wanted to do something else. Something that didn't have to do with the sun. Something that didn't have to do with being a princess...
"Hey Tia!" A voice said. Celestia looked up and saw Luna, who sat down next to her on her bed and sighed.
"you're so caught up with the royal duties too?" Luna asked. Celestia nodded and sighed, looking out at the window at the sky.
"I just wish I was a regular unicorn, or maybe even a pegasus..." She said, which made Luna's ears perk up. Celestia shook her head and rested it on the bed.
"I'm sorry, I sounded selfish... It's every filly's dream, after all, to be an alicorn princess..." She said. Luna slumped down on the bed, too.
"Fillies just don't know that being a royal is so hard. I wish I could be a normal pony, too." She said. Celestia sighed.

Luna had just raised the moon and was going to the room.
"Tia, aren't you coming?" Luna asked. Celestia shook her head. She was looking at the stars, wishing that she could fly up there, to some unknown land. Once Luna was inside, Celestia trotted to the other hall, to the exit. She turned back, making sure no obnoxious royal guard was there. Celestia scoffed at the thought of royal guards. They served no purpose whatsoever, but Celestia knew that they were there for a reason.... A reason that she had yet to know. Celestia trotted down the stairs of the dark hallway, looking around for guards anywhere. She was a princess, but the guards constantly over-protected her. Once she was down, the guards raised their spears, and lowered them slightly at the sight of Celestia.
"Princess..." They said, in an oh-so-manly voice. Celestia rolled her eyes slightly, then breathed.
"I'd like to go on an evening stroll." She lied. Her voice quivered while saying those words. She had never lied in her entire life. The guards nodded and followed her for a few steps or so.
"Alone." Celestia said almost angrily. The guards nodded and went back to their spot, as Celestia trotted away into the quiet Canterlot streets. She looked up and did what she had dreamed of doing ever since that day. She flew. Way u into the sky, so that nopony could ever see her. She smiled and glided away from Canterlot, happy that she finally escaped the obnoxious guards and the boring castle. She didn't know or care where she was going, and found herself far away from the normal Equestria she knew.
Celestia landed, yawning, next to a dark cave. She noticed a light inside. Curious, Celestia slowly walked in.
"I was just- Oh..." She heard a voice say. In front of her was a creature that looked like a mix of lots of animals. A draconequus. Celestia couldn't believe that she had actually seen a draconequus in real life. She inched closer. The creature looked surprised, too.
"So... Ponies are... Ignoring us..." He said.
"What do you mean ignoring you? I thought you were extinct!" Celestia exclaimed.
"Besides, if I had known that you exist, I would have given you the best treatment ever." The creature sighed.
"No, we are most certainly not extinct!" he said. The creature sighed.
"I come here every night hoping for proof that ponies DO mind us Draconequuses. And I now have an answer." Celestia raised a hoof.
"Maybe I could give the draconequuses some special treatment. I am a princess after all." Celestia said, hoping she didn't sound unkind or arrogant.
"I could start... By getting your name." The creature merely sighed.
"My name sends creatures running around in fear." He mumbled. Celestia sat down on the dirt.
"I won't run in fear." Celestia said softly.
"My name is Discord." The creature said. Celestia looked at him surprised. Discord.
"What? No gasps? No running away in fear?" Discord asked sarcastically. He was really grumpy, but he felt something.... He finally felt accepted. This pony didn't even let out a gasp.
"I'm Celestia." Celestia said.
"And maybe I can make your life better..." Discord sighed.
"You can't. The draconequuses will just think that you're attacking. It doesn't make sense does it?" He complained.
"Will... You... Think I'm attacking?" Celestia asked. Discord looked at her with his beady eyes.
"I won't. but the others will. If you don't want a great war again, then don't bother lifting a hoof at all." Discord said. Celestia smiled slightly.
"You know, Discord, you shouldn't be let down by your name." She said. Discord looked up and smiled a bit. Celestia continued,
"You seem like a really nice draconequus." She blushed. Discord felt something he had never felt in his entire life. He felt like he could trust Celestia with everything. And he did.
"I want to tell you a secret." He said reluctantly. Celestia was surprised. Discord had just met her. And now he was telling her a secret.
"I wish I could fly out of the draconequus world. Out into the open, out of all my duties." Discord said. Celestia tilted her head. Discord was almost like her.
"I do, too. I mean, ponies aren't all that bad, but I just hate royal duties." Celestia blurted out. She never told this to anyone except Luna.
"You're a pony princess. Why don't you just go?" Discord asked. Celestia inched closer. She was no touching Discord's soft brown fur.
"I can't. Everypony is counting on me. Luna can't rule alone yet, and... What will my parents think?" Celestia said.
"You care about what other ponies say?" Discord asked her.
"I say go for it, I mean, if you really want to." Celestia looked at Discord.
"What about you? I know I just met you, but... I think I'd rather stay here. You come here every night right? Maybe... We can meet again?" She asked him. Discord shrugged.
"Sure. Tomorrow night?" He said. Celestia nodded, smiling. She got ready for flight.
"Tomorrow night."

Author's Note:

Hi guys! Pls show this story some love!(can you like it? IDK XD)
It might take a few chapters before Fluttercord finally comes up....