• Published 17th May 2012
  • 1,538 Views, 15 Comments

My Little Legend: Ponies of Time - Pokelink



Ocarina of Time, re-done with Equestria habitants. Expect some licenses to be taken.

  • ...
5
 15
 1,538

Prologue: The Summoning

Prologue: The summoning

In the vast, deep forest, strange and very unique,

I’ve been known as it's guardian, the Great Zecora Spirit.

The forest folk, the Kokiri, all lives with me.

Each of them has a guardian, a very friend fairy.

However, there's a filly who doesn't have one at all,

while forewarning nightmares, rushes her all night long...

She was in the grass with her pink fairy, standing in the rain, staring the walls of a unknown city. The large wooden gate descended as the loud mechanism that operate it echoed into the empty field. Two mares, one younger than the other, dashed at her side exiting the city, fear mirrored in the blue eyes of the younger one. After both of them faded into the shadows of the storm, a loud neigh at her back made her turn around. A large unicorn stallion with white coat and fire-red mane stood there with a smirk in his face. His sight was hooked on the dark horizon before he noticed her. Then he pointed one of his hooves to her, chilling her as a shiver run down her spine.

Oh, Pinkie Pie, the fairy, listen to my words,

because if we don't act fast, everything will be lost.

I'm sure you can sense too upon us the danger

as the malevolent forces deliver their attacks stronger

For a long time, the Kokiri Forest has been a strong wall,

protecting all the land of Hyrule of a threatening fall.

But the evil is growing strong, and against it my power

is getting so weak and it's not his greatest hour.

It's time for the filly without a fairy to start her journey,

as her destiny is to lead Hyrule steady and slowly.

Now fly fast Pinkie, go and bring her to me.

The fate of this world depends upon thee!

As the pink fairy flied towards the village, her mind was running fast. “Wow, I'm gonna be the very best friend of that little mare! I'm so happy I can start to sing!” She started whistling a happy tone, saying “hello” to a mare in the roof of the small shop on the forest and... “No, Pinkie, focus yourself, you have to deliver an important message from the Great Zecora Spirit remember?, There will be plenty of time latter for happy songs. Now, where was she living?

She reached the house in a skip. “Oh, she's so cute while she's asleep... Focus, Pinkie, focus!”.

“Hi Twilight Sparkle, wake up!” shouted Pinkie Pie.

The purple-coated mare jumped on her bed, startled. “Whoah, who, what...?” said her while her brain was still drifting between the recent nightmare and the real world. She sat in the bed looking around her to find the source of the shout until she found it. It was a little bright pink-coated fairy, with a bubbly mane in a darker pink shade and a tail in the same style. She looked like a one hoof sized pegasus, but, instead of two regular wings, she had four translucent wings as large as herself, two at each side, and she was glowing in a bright pink that matched her coat.

The fairy positioned her at mere inches of her eyes, so both can look at theirs. “Hi, I'm Pinkie Pie the fairy!” Said in a too loud volume for a just awakened filly. “The Great Zecora Spirit chose me to be your friendly fairy and partner from now on, nice to meet you!” she said quickly, stopping to show a big grin and resuming her quick speech. “The Great Zecora Spirit has summoned you to talk about very important things, so let's got going!”

Twilight Sparkle got out of the bed and walked slowly to the bathroom. Twilight thought: "Yes, a summoning from the Great Zecora Spirit is an urgent one, but you cannot present yourself in front of her like if you were reading during almost all the last night before falling sleep, right?" She used her horn to pick up a brush to undo some knots on her dark purple mane and tail and straighten up a little her green tunic, the trait piece of robe that defined her as a Kokiri, like everypony in the Village. She washed away the last traces of sleep with some fresh water before heading out of her tree house. Before she reached the ground, a yellow pegasus wearing the same kind of robes as her was staring at her from the ground, with one of her large blue eyes covered by her long pink mane while she was wearing a shy smile looking at the pink fairy flying around her friend.

“Hi Fluttershy!” greeted Twilight as she reached the ground.

“Hi Twilight!” responded the pegasus. “Finally, a fairy came to you! That's great news! I'm so happy for you!” continued, hugging her friend and giving her a warm smile. “Now you can call yourself a true Kokiri! I mean, if that's ok for you”... ended with a meek tone, releasing her friend from the hug, blushing a little and patting the ground with one of her front hooves.

“Hi Fluttershy, I'm Pinkie Pie!” said the fairy jumping just in front of the shy pegasus, startling her a little. “The Great Zecora Spirit asked me to be Twilight's best fairy-friend and partner and also summoned her! Isn't it exciting? I am excited!”

“Is that true?” asked Fluttershy with a shocked face. “The Great Zecora Spirit has summoned you? Is quite an honor to talk to the Great Zecora Spirit. I'll wait for you here... if that's ok for you...” finished lowering her gaze, avoiding eye contact with Twilight.

“Is there any trouble?” asked Twilight seeing the last evasive behavior shown.

“No, not at all” answered the flying pony rising suddenly her head. ”It's just... I wanted to talk a little bit with you, but, since you have the Great Zecora Spirit waiting for you, we can talk later. Good bye Twilight. And nice to meet you, Miss Pinkie Pie.” and after that, she trotted away.

“See you later Fluttershy!” said Pinkie Pie waving with both front hooves and smiling as she left them. “She seems very friendly, right?” asked to Twilight advancing a little bit to make her start to move.

“Well, she had always been very shy, since she's the only pegasus around here” answered Twilight while Pinkie Pie was leading her to meet the Great Zecora Spirit. “She's the best friend I got since I can remember and she's always willing to stand for me when some of the big colts mock me for not having a fairy. And I was always standing there for her when somepony tried to push her around, trying to take advantage of her kind nature. She's not so shy with me as with the other ponies, she seem relaxed when we hung out together. And... huh?” she stopped suddenly when a white colt a little bit smaller than her blocked her way. “Ehm, excuse me Angel, but the Great Zecora Spirit have summoned me. Can you let me pass?”

The young earth pony looked at her with disbelief. “The Great Zecora Spirit summoned YOU?” asked him with a burst of disdain against her. ”Don't make me laugh! A fake Kokiri like you will never be summoned by the Great Zecora Spirit.”

“Hey, she's no longer a not-Kokiri-pony. Now I'm with her!” shouted Pinkie with indignation. ”And I have orders from the Great Zecora Spirit to bring Twilight to her”.

“And I have orders to not let pass anypony who doesn't have a sword and a shield. Now, get lost!” said Angel, almost spitting the words while stomping both front hooves to make his point clear. Twilight did it, since she have been known Angel long enough to know that he was not going to let her pass until she founded the aforementioned sword and shield. And conveniently, she knew where to find one of them at least.

“Why is he a mean McMeanie-Pants?” asked the fairy to her partner.

For a moment, the young unicorn looked at her fairy with a puzzled face until she understood what she was talking about.

“Oh, you mean why he is a jerk?” said Twilight chuckling a little at the weird words of choice of Pinkie. Her fairy friend answered with a nod. “As long as I know, he's the leader of the Kokiri, a sort of chief, but the title has gone to his head long ago. He never accepted me as a Kokiri because I am a blank flank and I never had a fairy... until today.” She grinned to Pinkie before continuing the story. “He also is being jealous of me lately because he have a crush on Fluttershy and we spend a lot of time together. Also, he blames me for not having any chance to succeed in asking her for a date. That's just ridiculous! If she rejected him is because she don't want to date him at all!” Twilight stopped talking as she reached her house.

“So, he's not just a mean McMeanie-Pants, but also a jealous judgmental McJealousy-Pants?” asked Pinkie while Twilight was climbing up the ladder. “It's gonna be hard to make friends with him.” said the fairy putting a hoof to her chin.

“I tried for some years Pinkie, he just don't want to be my friend. Just don't worry, I can live with it.” Commented the filly while she was looking for that something under her bed now. “Aha!, here is it!” Exclaimed while she used her magic to pull out a little pouch. The sound of some bits inside it made her smile grow a little and she opened to count how much currency she had at that moment: 50 bits. “When he said that I need a shield, I remembered I saw one in the village shop. I was going to use my savings to buy some new books for my collection, but I’m sure that speaking with the Great Zecora Spirit is more worthy than any books I could afford. And while we are at the shop, I will ask about a sword too.” Finally said happily, strapping the pouch to one of the sides of the belt around her waist with a big smile in her face. She liked to make plans. And that plan was simple and failsafe. What could go wrong?


"Sorry, we just sold the last one 10 minutes ago.” Said the shopkeeper, apologizing. “Some colts said something about Angel telling them he just spotted some nasty Deku Scrubs near the village so they took them all. But don't worry Miss Sparkle, I just ordered some and they are supposed to arrive today. If you can wait a few hours... do you want to get one from that order?”

“That mean Angel! I'm sure he said that just to cause you trouble!” said Pinkie with a whisper, allowing only Twilight to listen her.

“Sure thing Mr. Longshot,” answered the unicorn, focused on not looking too angry “I'll just come back later.” She started to trot out of the shop when she remembered the other part of her plan. “Oh, do you know where I can find a sword?”

Mr. Longshot looked her with curiosity “And why such a beautiful young filly like you may want a sword?”

Twilight blushed lightly from the compliment and answered. “I need it because I have been summoned by The Great Zecora Spirit but Angel says he won't let me pass until I got a sword and a shield?

The shopkeeper looked shocked “Are you telling me that Angel is not letting you to go to see the Great Zecora Spirit after you have been summoned by her? What's wrong with that brat, he have hay in his brain? Ah, whatever...” He looked at the shop, and seeing it empty but for his current customers, he motioned them to come close and started to speak in whispers. “Look, you don't listened this form me, but I heard that there's a narrow pass at the end of the Training Grounds. There, guarded by a rock monster, lays the Kokiri Sword. They say the rock monster is blind and deaf, and always patrol the same route endlessly, crushing anypony who dares to be in his path. The best way to pass through it is to follow it from behind. Do you understand?” Twilight nodded silently. The door opened suddenly, making the three of them to jump a little.

“This is an order for Mr. Longshot!” said the gray-maned mailmare.

“Perfect, that shipping was fast, thanks.” said the shopkeeper. He went to the door, signed the documents and took the box inside the shop. He opened and smiled seeing its contents.”Good news Miss Sparkle, we got some Deku Shields!” he said beaming.


That was easy-peasy!” Pinkie Pie was surprised about how uneventful was the retrieving of the Kokiri Sword. “You know Twilight, I was expecting something a little bit trickier, but that was so easy that there's no sense in talking about it.”

“Now that I am geared up, we can go to talk to Angel.” Said Twilight as she was heading towards the exit of the Training Grounds.

“Hmmm... I don't think so.” Muttered Pinkie Pie floating beside her, not bearing her almost always present smile. “I think you have to... you know... <<Equip>> them.” Twilight stopped her trot, not following the train of thoughts of her fairy. Seeing the quizzical look on the face of the unicorn, she tried to explain herself. “Look, when you <<Equip>> an item, you create a link with it, so you can use it right in the spot.”

“That don't make any sense.” Said more to herself Twilight than for Pinkie Pie. But, anyways, she thought she wanted to equip them, hopping that should do the trick as both of them approached where Angel was, still blocking the way. “We got the shield and the sword, can we pass now?

“So, you got a Deku Shield, what a big deal.” Said Angel with obvious disregard towards Twilight. But his eyes went almost out of his sockets when he saw the other item clinging in her back. “And what's THAT? Is that the Kokiri Sword? But how is that even possible? The monster I... argh! Why do you have to be the favorite of Fluttershy AND the Great Zecora Spirit? I am the leader of the Kokiri, I got nothing of these...” he gritted his teeth angrily before letting go a sigh. “Ok, fine, you can pass, you don't want the make the Great Zecora Spirit wait, don't you?” he said before trotting out of there mumbling curses between clenched teeth.

After a short walk in a narrow corridor, Twilight reached the clearing where the massive tree known as the Great Zecora Spirit grow and lived.

“Great Zecora Spirit... I’m back!” said in an unusual neutral voice, suddenly very conscious of the important nature of the encounter.

Twilight watched in awe at the massive tree that was standing in front of her. It was as big as half of the Kokiri Village itself, and twice as tall as any other tree in the forest. It had a few shades of dark wood in the trunk, as if there giant tree had a face. But what shocked more the unicorn was the immense sensation of power that was irradiating her, like if the Great Zecora Spirit could pierce into her soul and mind without even trying.

So Pinkie Pie, you finally arrived,

why you weren't sooner by my side?

Welcome Twilight Sparkle to my place.

Listen carefully what I've got to say.

The past moons nightmares have been plaguing your dreams.

As evil gains strength, these appear to the sensitive ones, it seems.

To test you courage the time has come.

A nasty curse i got, and have to be undone.

Manly perils awaits inside my cursed body.

But with wisdom and courage, you will find victory.

If you succeed and make the curse subdue.

You may found something more about your past and about you.

After saying this, a large portion of the front of the trunk sunken into the earth, revealing an entrance to the inside of the Great Zecora Spirit. Twilight gulped at that sight.

Now enter both of you to fight this mighty danger,

Work together to overcome the tricks and its razor.

Pinkie Pie, help Twilight advicing her with anticipation,

Success on your quest requires planification.

And Twilight, hear all what Pinkie has to say,

She may not seem, but true knowledge she retains.

“Hey! Come on Twilight, we have no time to lose!” said Pinkie Pie suddenly, snapping Twilight out of his trance-like state. Both of them hurried to the opening, adventuring to the insides of a cursed being.