• Published 26th Jun 2015
  • 601 Views, 27 Comments

False Truths - bestponydash



Scootaloo sets out to find her father.

  • ...
0
 27
 601

Cloudsdale: Part 3

What? What did he just say? Attempted murder?! That can't be true; Sunny wouldn't try to kill any pony, even with his recent tragedy. Sunny's face became wide and sweaty, "What the hell are you talking about?"

The police officer grew angry and hostile, "Whatch your language when your talking to an authority figure!" he commanded. "Your under arrest, come with me or i'll be forced to add resisting arrest to your charges."

Now Sunny started to get angry, "Charges?! Charges against who? I've never tried to kill any pony!" Both Sunny and the officer huffed and puffed.

Finally the officer gestured to the door, "Charges against this stallion." Slowly, he emerged from the hallway and declared himself in the door way. His face was smug and his stance was crooked.

He walked inside and pointed to Sunny, "That's him, that's the bastard that wrecked my bar and tried to kill me!"

"You recognize this stallion?" the officer asked.

"Well yeah. But I didn't try to kill him." Sunny gave the stallion with the large scar a very hateful glare. I was still in a daze about the whole situation. I couldn't believe this was happening! Sunny can't go to jail, not now. Hell, not ever.

The officer continued to question him, "Do you admit to having a struggle with this stallion inside of his bar earlier tonight?"

Sunny began to sweat more, I could see the nervousness surround him. "Well...yes, but...I-"

"Your gonna have to come along."

The scarred stallion quckly rose his torn hoof towards me, "Her too, she was helping him!"

What?! NO, I didn't do anything, "What are you talking about?" Suddenly both hostiles began to approach me. What should I do? I'm innocent, I can't go to jail. My ears dropped and my throat gulped. They got closer and closer until-

BANG! Sunny suddenly ramed the bar owner, ultimately pushing the officer down too. My mind went blank, I still wasn't sure what just happened. I stood with a gasp on my face until Sunny ran to my side. "Quickly! Get out of here! Head to 2647 gradual road, you'll find your father." He then rushed to the windows on the far end of the room. "There's probably another officer downstairs so you'll have to use this." He busted the window into pieces, revealing a hole out of the sill big enough for me to get through.

Unfortunately the two other stallions suddenly were back on all fours and sprinted our way. The officer went for Sunny and the bar owner for me. I was terrified and had no idea what to do, but my Rainbow Dash instincts kicked in. I sucked in my gut, yelled a war cry, and ran to give him a hoof to the face. The hit was solid and stern, he was sent tumbling down.

"You little..." he said, rubbing his jaw. I was doing it, I was winning. I prepared to hit him again as he got up, but Sunny suddenly pushed the officer and ran and knocked my adversary back on his flank.

"What are you waiting for?! GO! RUN!" But I couldn't, how could I just leave the fight? No, I must stay.

"I won't leave you." He was very dissatisfied with my answer, but I knew it was the right thing. But Sunny quickly ran towards me and pushed clean out of the window.

What was he doing?! He can't beat them both! I need to help. I caught myself in midair and steadied my flying. I was about to zoom back in and help when I saw Sunny against the windowsill, being beaten. My eyes widened and my stomach felt sick. I quickly flew to his aid, but when I got to him he pushed my hoof away and shoved me back. "Hurry!....Please."

I looked into his eyes and he did the same; I can't bare to think why but I did as I was told and flew to safety a few blocks away. Behind me I could here one of the stallions yell, "After her! Get her!" But I was already too far gone.

I flew into an alleyway and hid behind a nearby dumpster. CRAP, CRAP, CRAP! Everything is so messed up; what am I going to do. I sat on the cold cloud ground and burried my face in my hooves. I was still going through all of the details Sunny had revealed to me. My mother is gone, my father gave me up and is now supposedly a completely different pony, and now the only pony that helped me is in jail. THINK! Sunny gave an address; what were the numbers again? 2467? No. 2674? Aaaahhh, it all happened soo fast.

"2647! That's it! Yes, 2647...uh...shoot, um...something road." I thought for several minutes, stressing my brain. "drowry road, gary road, grad-GRADUAL ROAD! That's what he said. 2647 gradual road, okay." I looked around and ran out of the alley and all over town but couldn't find the street. "Come on, where is it?" then I stopped in my tracks.

It was what Sunny said, "Head to 2647 gradual road, you'll find your father." My father? The address my father gave me in the letter wasn't what Sunny said. Was the address on the letter a lie? Then another thought occurred to me: why would I even seek my father's help? Those words echoed in my brain. He cheated me out of my life and my mom; why would he help me now. Sunny said he was different, broken; broken ponies are no use to any one. Besides, Sunny has been more of a father to me than my real dad ever was. Sunny was upfront with me and didn't try to hide the facts just because they hurt. No. I can't seek my dad's help.

The more I thought about it, the more I knew what I was gonna do. I was- no, I had to break Sunny out of prison myself.

I stopped looking for the address and started looking for the police station. I travelled passed corners and buildings until finally I found it. It was huge with big double doors and what looked to be bulletproof windows. I had never done anything like this ever before so I didn't really know where to start. So I started by walking in. Loking back, I suppose it does seem a bit stupid just to walk right into the lion's den, but I guess I didn't think of it that way before.

When I went through the doors I quickly looked at the front desk. The pony behind it was asleep! How could anypony fall asleep right after a new, fighting for dear life, prisoner was just brought in? I approached her. She was a slim mare, not that much older than me, with a black coat and gray mane. I tapped on the desk until she woke up, revealing her bright orange eyes. "Huh? Who's there?"

I rolled my eyes, "Hello!" I caught her attention.

She shook her head and blinked slowly, "Yeah, i'm up. What is it?"

"How can you be asleep at a time like this?" I don't know what made me so fixated on the fact that she was asleep, maybe it was my nerves.

"Um, at a time like what?" she blankly asked.

"You just brought in a beaten bloody new prisoner!"

She turned her head, "What? No we didn't."

"Yes you did! His name is Sunbeam Speeder." I was about to burst over this filly's stupidity.

She leaned under her desk and pulled out some sort of ledger. "Um, we keep all prisoner information inside this book. I'm supposed to write it all down here," she pointed, "There's no Sunbeam Speeder here."

What? He's not here? That's impossible, it's been about half an hour since I left the hotel; they would've surely gotten here before me. Maybe i'm at the wrong station, "Is there another police station around here?"

"Um, no."

What the hell!! Where are they? I began to look around nervously. This is bad, I have to save him, he's innocent. Then suddenly the mare walked out from her desk and started towards me. The moment she moved, I noticed the top suspected ponies list that had been hidden behind her. My eyes widened, and my mouth gasped. On the poster was none other than the scarred bar owner.

The police mare approached me, "Do you um, need some help or something?"

My body was in shock. Why would a polce officer help a suspect? It all made perfect sense at that moment. The reason Sunny wasn't here and the reason I wasn't arrested as soon as I walked through the door was that the stallion that took Sunny and tried to take me wasn't a poice pony at all! I bet he was one of the bar owner's friends. Oh no, oh shit. What do I do now? Where am I supposed the look?

But then I got an idea. I stopped panicking and turned to the extremely confused police mare beside me, "What do you know about that pony?" I pointed to the poster.

The mare looked, "Um, why do you want to know about him?"

"It's important!" I snapped.

She sighed, "Wait here." She slowly walked through a door on the left-hoof side. After a few minutes she emerged with a file tucked under her wing. She went back behind her desk and spread the file out. I didn't waste any time and rapidly searched and searched. Finally I found it!

The suspect's name was Ferment fill. And it seems as though he owns two bars as well as an old warehouse building. THAT'S IT! That's where they took Sunny, it has to be. I quickly meorized the location and zoomed out the police station's doors. The police mare yelled "Hey, wait!" behind me but I couldn't care.

It was time to save Sunny. [Gulp]

Author's Note:

Opinions in the comments :duck: