• Published 26th Jun 2015
  • 598 Views, 27 Comments

False Truths - bestponydash



Scootaloo sets out to find her father.

  • ...
0
 27
 598

False Truths

Again, again, and again I repeated the warehouse's location in my head. Hold on Sunny, i'll get you out of there! I travelled deeper and deeper into the slums; passing condemned buildings, hookers, liquor stores, and gang houses. All the way I became more and more nervous. But I couldn't give in to fear, I had to press on. Eventually I flew far enough to see my destination on the horizon: the industrial district.

Soon enough, the roads showed less and less houses and began to feature large storage centers, old rusted factories, and, most importantly, warehouses. I slowed my pace but not my mind. "Come on, come on! where are you?" I said to my self as I covered as much ground as possible. I zigzaged back and forth between the huge buildings. After ten minutes I became scared. After twenty minutes I had lost some hope. I slowed down until I came to a stop in the middle of the street. I was breathing heavily and my whole body felt sick and scared.

I sat down in defeat and buried my face in my hooves, "What am I supposed to do? I've looked everywhere and still can't find it anywhere." My mother, my father, and now Sunny too; every pony tied to my family, gone from my life.

But just as I was about to lose all hope I heard a loud noise from some place far off to my right. I quickly turned and stared at two adjacent factories, both brown with rust. Then the noise came again, "AAAAAHHHHHH!" It was the voice of a pony, a stallion! I knew it had to be Sunny. No pony else would be out here. I felt my nerves calm and my head felt much lighter. I was once again filled with hope and determination. Hang on, i'm coming.

Before I knew it, I was on all fours again and zoomed forward with my wings. I reached the two factories, the voice was getting clearer. What's more, I could hear two more voices along with Sunny's. It was too muffled to make out exactly where they were but I figured they can't be far. So I flew between the two factories to another street, and there it was, I knew it. The building was old and ready to fall apart. I cautiously crept across the street and stopped on the outside wall. I put my ear to the cold, rough, and damp metal.

I could hear loud thumps, each followed by a grunt or scream. "Just kill'em already, Fill," said one of the thugs, probably the fake cop. I gasped and put my hoof to my mouth. Shit! I've gotta huury before it's too late! I took a deep breath and tried to focus.

"Are ya' crazy, I want this bastard to pay for what he did," said Ferment Fill. Well, at least there was still hope of a rescue. I just hope I can get Sunny outta there before he changes his mind.

I took a deep breath, "Okay, here we go." i started to make my way along the outter wall, trying to find an entrance. All along the way I could hear Sunny being beaten, his grunts of pain got louder after each hit. It took everything I had just to retain my quiet breathing. After I turned the first corner and saw that glorious back door I rejoiced with both joy and fear. It was now or never.

I push open the rusted door ever so slightly. Unfortunately the thing to remember about rusty hinges is the slower they move, the more noise they make. A loud creek echoed through the warehouse, alerting the two goons inside and crushing my chance of any sort of surprise. Before I knew it, the two were racing towards the door. I had to act fast so I ran inside and hid behind some stacks of old 2x4s. I made it to cover just in time and the two thugs ran right passed me and out the door. Now was my chance!

I flew from my hiding place and raced to the door. I took hold of it and slammed it shut. Unfortunately the lock had been long busted, I see now that I really should've checked that before slamming the door. I began to lose my cool as the thugs returned and started banging on the other side of the door. It took every ounce of strength I had to hold those two at bay for as long as I did. I pushed and pushed but it just wasn't enough. "Come on! Come on! You got this," I kept saying to myself.

But despite my efforts, the door slowly, roughly, creaked open enough for Fill to sqeeze through. My heart pounded as he tumbled inside, but I couldn't let fear take over, now was still my chance. I took a deep breath and let go of the door. I rushed for Fill, who was still on the ground, and started throwing my hooves every which way. I kicked and slammed; I bit and headbutted until I was out of breath. I took a look at Fill, unconscious and bloody on the floor in front of me.

I did it! I couldn't believe it, I won. I had never felt so proud of myself in all my life. "Nobody messes with my friends," I triumphantly said. But then...

"Hey kid."

"Huh?" I said, slowly turning around.

"Forget about some pony?" It was the fake cop! Oh sh-

Everything went black, I guess he knocked me out but I don't really remember. When I came to, I was sitting up against a large metal beam in the middle of the room. I couldn't move. I took a look around: the warehouse was grey on the inside, boxes were everywhere, old broken machines were scattered all around, and the whole place stunk of mold and rot. Then I began to feel something on my chest; I looked down to find lengths of rope tied all around me, binding me to the beam. I tried to wiggle free, but it was no use.

Oh crap. Crap, crap, crap! What now? But suddenly there was a noise behind me, a sort of groaning. "Scoot....S-Scootal..loo."

I quickly turned my head as much as I could, "Sunny? Is that you?" I couldn't see him.

"W-why...did you...," his voice was weak.

My insides burned, my ears went down, and my chest hurt. "Just hang in there, I'll get us outta here. Stay with me." I waited for an answer.

"........."

"Sunny? SUNNY?!" I yelled.

"........"

I lowered my head and closed my eyes. "You're okay. Sunny, you're okay. You're okay." Again and again I said it. I thought if I said it enough it would be true. A few minutes passed and there was still no answer. The tears started to fall from my face, my body shook. "You're....You're..."

"I'm afraid he's dead," said a rough voice. My head shot up as those murderous bastards came into view. The two walked toward me. "And you're next," said Fill.

At that point my sorrow turned to hate and fear. He got closer, my heart beat faster with every step he took until finally he was upon me. I looked up at him and did everything I could to hide my fear, but I must admit that I was only seconds away from crapping myself. Slowly he raised a hoof, "Take this you little-" BAAANNNGGGG.

Fill was interrupted by a huge noise behind him. "Hey! Get you hooves away from her!"

That voice.....I could recognize that voice anywhere. My eyes widened as I slowly peaked behind Fill....and there she was, with her sky blue coat and rainbow-colored mane.

"Who are-" he didn't have time to finish before Rainbow burst from the warehouse doorway and zoomed to the two thugs. Bang, Bang, Boom! She hit them with everything she had until down they went. My heart slowed and I took a deep breath; I was saved.

Rainbow landed calmly over the unconscious thugs. "No pony messes with my family," she smirked. Then she turned and saw me. She ran to my side and freed me. She put a hoof on my shoulder, "You alright, Squirt?"

I was completely amazed, "H-How did you find me?"

Rainbow cracked a smile, "You left a big trail, Squirt."

My eyes watered and and quickly hugged Rainbow, "I'm sorry. I'm so sorry. I just..."

She put a hoof around me, "Hey, hey, hey, don't worry about it. I know why you left."

What? What did she say? I ended the hug and faced her, "You do?"

"Yep, and I couldn't be more proud of you." She wiped my eyes."

"But, it was all for nothing. I got Sunny killed for nothing!" My body felt like it was on fire; regret and pain filled me up.

Rainbow glanced behind me, her ears dropped a bit. But then she turned back to me with a serious and determined face, "Listen to me; don't believe, not even for a second, that this is your fault, because it's not. You did everything you could, understand?"

I starred into her eyes, they were big and bright. Her words managed to reach me and soon my guilt was disappearing. "Thanks, but...." I soon remembered my purpose for coming to Cloudsdale. Everything I had hoped for, everything I had hoped to find, was gone. I lowered my head again.

"But what?"

"...I came here for nothing. My mom is dead, my dad is gone, and now Sunny."

Rainbow tried her best to comfort me, "Well at least you know about your parents now. That's something."

But it did little good. ".....My family is all gone."

She put a hoof to my chin and raised my head; my eyes were red and filled. "Apple Bloom, Sweatie Belle, me, Rarity, Twilight, Fluttershy, Applejack, Pinkie Pie. That's your family."

My mouth gasped open and my tears stopped. She was right, I can't believe I had been so stupid and selfish. I didn't need to leave Ponyville to find my family, I had already found them.

I hugged Rainbow again, this time harder. I put my mouth up to her ear and whispered one word: "mom." She smiled and hugged me back.

And that was five years ago. That was how I found my family, my true family. After that me and Rainbow turned Ferment Fill and his partner over to the police. Then we gave Sunny a proper burial and headed home. I never told any pony else what really happened and I never did go to the address Sunny told me, but it was okay. From that day and everyday since I've felt a deep respect and love for my life in Ponyville. And I would never leave again.

Author's Note:

Opinions in the comments and thank you all for staying with me and this story until the very end. You all ROCK!!! :yay: :heart: :scootangel: :rainbowkiss: :twilightsmile: :raritywink:

Comments ( 3 )

The first two chapters were fairly good. The next two chapters were alright, but far too much abuse of narrative coincidence and plot device to pretty much railroad Scootaloo into these last two chapters, which were pretty much one 'wut' moment after another.

6650869
Thanks for all the feedback. It's always nice to meet a reader that gives constructive thoughts to help. And I will admit that as the story reached its end it felt a little hazy, but I am still trying to find and perfect my own writing method. I hope to be better in future projects. :pinkiehappy:

Login or register to comment