• Published 4th May 2015
  • 1,626 Views, 208 Comments

H1P1 - gamer52599



Twilight has made a blunder. She will never work with a virus while Discord is visiting again.

  • ...
20
 208
 1,626

Day Twelve

January 17 2015

12:00:00:00

Unknown location


I was flying, it took a while to figure it out but now I’m flying.

And with my new found flight I took to the skies to see just where I am, to see that the forest I’ve been in was actually very small and that it is really close to Atlanta if I were to fly there.

So I decided to give my old friend Derrick a visit, and I need it at the moment as I really could use some comforting after all this.

So with just a makeshift belt made out of vines and on it the letter from the pen fighting pair, I set off for Atlanta.


January 17 2015

12:00:00:00

Atlanta, Georgia


*Cough* *cough* “Ugh…” I’ve been infected.

After learning this unfortunate fact, I cannibalized the animal testing lab into an airlock at the only door into my lab and locked the door made by the airlock so it is locked on the inside, after that I started working from here and experimenting on myself a bit.

“I can still be the name people think of when they think of whom stopped this pandemic. *Cough* *Cough*... Ugh…”

I can still do this, what animals remain are a few rabbits that seem to have not been infected yet, if I get the virus used to infecting them, maybe I can produce a vaccine for the virus.

But after an hour and multiple different ways of infecting them, nothing seemed to work, for now.

Just then, a knock was heard from the door, it was a bit low but I didn’t care. “Leave if you don’t want to be infected!”

“But I’m already infected.” A strangely familiar feminine voice called out.


January 17 2015

12:01:00:00

Atlanta, Georgia


It took an hour flight to go from that forest to Atlanta, but it wasn’t very interesting besides finding out I can stand on clouds, which is awesome.

Anyway, after a long flight I finally made it to Atlanta, and found the CDC a little bit after.

But I stopped myself from just going in, they won’t just let me in they will probably lock me up if they saw me, so I decided to sneak my way to Derrick.

Too bad I don’t have the mission impossible theme.

But I’m working without it! I snuck my way through the front door and sticked to the ceiling, from there I got to the elevator and climbed into the next empty one going down and took it to where Derrick told me his lab was.

“B66.” I said as I looked for it.

Once there I find myself looking out a long straight corridor with doors on either side.

After flying through it a bit I found what I was looking for, Dr. Derrick Kenderson’s personal lab.

I decided to knock first so I landed and gave it a knock.

“Leave if you don’t want to be infected!” said Derrick from the other side.

“But I’m already infected.” I said, knowing he wouldn’t recognize me by my new voice.

“... The doors unlocked.”

So I opened it by sliding my hoof down onto the handle till it clicked open and I found myself in a fiberglass built airlock.

“Who are you?”


January 17 2015

12:01:00:00

Atlanta, Geogia


“Who are you?” is what I decided to ask, I had a suspicion but I wanted to make sure.

“Patient Zero.” She said with uncertainty.

I knew better, I could tell that she is the same bright orange as Allen’s ears were, and her tail is just like Allen’s. This was Allen, without a doubt.

So I let her in, it seemed she has suffered some kind of amnesia, and after talking with her it seems to be just her name, which is odd, but I decided not to remind her of her name as explaining someone's life after they have suffered amnesia is never a good idea.

“How long have you been like this?”

“Since last night.”

I started doing a sort of part two to our last question session, just I asked about what changes happened and when, and got a good idea on the specifics.

So I took a blood test on her and found something interesting.

The white blood cells in her blood were actually fighting off the virus.

This meant that this virus is helping the body fight it off, meaning that this entire transformation is unintentional on the viruses part.

At first I thought I could use a changed person’s blood to cure a person before I noticed that they also have Pestis Incognitus, meaning if Pestis has anything to do with the transformation, then I can’t just give blood transfusions to people in the early stages without speeding it up.

So we just had small talk for a while as I did more experiments on Zero and started documenting my finds.

After a while I sent this to the Higher ups

From: Dr. Derrick Kenderson
To: [Classified]
So I think I understand this virus now
This virus at first glance seems related to swine flu(H1N1), but upon further analysis is slightly different.

as you know, It has been dubbed for now as H1P1

But let's talk about what we do know about it.

First, while not related to it, it behaves an awful lot like the swine flu. To the point of infecting the same set of species (Birds, pigs, and humans).

It even has the same set of symptom (at least in the early stage’s) as H1N1.

But the comparison stops there while it does have the same incubation period (1 to 3 days). It runs in a set of three stage’s.

Stage 1 is flu like and lasts a week and was one of the first signs that this was more than just a simple case of Influenza A, but it was the next stage that got us wondering what this thing is.

Stage 2 is where your body goes through a change that gives the virus its name. Here is the complete document on this stage. The entire stage lasts for 6 days and each change is 21 hours apart. (Except the last stage, for some reason.)

First your ears remold and reposition themselves into cat like ears on the top of your head, patients with the disease state they have much better hearing than they did before.

Next you’re given a tail, that at first glance would be equine in nature, but upon further examination has a cat like tail in the center allowing for more control over the tail.

Due to the disease mutating (the generally accepted theory is that the virus did a antigenic shift with another flu virus), the rest of this stage is completely impossible to say exactly, but we got on good authority by Patient Zero that what you are about to read are the original steps to this stage.

After the tail comes the wings, although it seems this is not the case for all. For some (like Patient Zero) its wings, for others its a horn, and some don’t get anything (But some test have shown higher strength, land speed, and stamina in these patients).

After that comes the change of hands and feet into hooves. Thanks to the previously mentioned tail, there is no balance problem.

Then comes the fur from ex-feet up to the waist, and the skeletal structure of this area is also changed. also sometimes at this step male’s may experience a gender swap. The reason is being looked into. As of writing this there are more female patients than males.

After that is the fur from waist to head. This step also comes with a full conversion of the head.

And finally the last change unknown to Patient Zero, but known to us. The change of the immune system. This makes us think the change is unintentional as it makes the immune system able to see and take care of the virus, thus bringing us to stage 3.

Stage 3 is like stage 1 but more like H1N1, and less like stage 1. The time between stage 2 and “recovery” is a day and a half.

After all, 3 stages have taken their course patients' status are set to “Recovered”, but they are still changed, and can still get H1P1, But are immune to all other viruses.

This concludes our documentation of the pony flu(H1P1).

Signed Doctor Derick Kenderson

Special thanks to Allen J Woods (Patient Zero)

After sending it I went to do some things with my old friend while I still have fingers to put behind her ears.

Author's Note:

Alright so I think I should explain some things.

First, Zero is still Allen, their personality's may not click, but their memory's do.

Second, Derrick has a good social life and will not be experiencing mental changes.

And before any of you yell at me for Zero acting stupid and possibly infecting the CDC, remember she's a pony who has been in solitary for a while, just imagine what a pony would do if they were stuck alone for a week.