• Published 6th May 2015
  • 706 Views, 44 Comments

Life Goes On - SweetyBelleluvsu



The life of Emerald Isle and Counter Chaos from "I do" to "Hello little one" and so on.

  • ...
2
 44
 706

Home with an announcement

Emerald and Chaos lie in their bed at Sweet Apple Acres dreaming about their time that they might have together. An alarm went off. Chaos wearily opened one eye, gazed at the clock, and flung his hoof around hoping to hit the snooze button. He hit the button on the um-teenth time. He sulked out of bed and stretched to get rid of some sleepiness. He walked around quietly as to not wake his wife... his wife; he smiled at the thought. He resumed his getting ready for the day for he was to go to work. He was getting ready to head downstairs when he heard some shifting on the bed.

"Is it eight already?" Emerald said sleepily as she rubbed her eyes, "I guess I'm just pooped from the traveling."

Chaos smiled at her, walked over to her, and gave her a kiss on the forehead. "Don't worry, I'll be back by five. Think you can wait that long?"

"I guess so," Emerald said as she kicked of the covers, "I'm going to grab a quick shower and then go into town. Feline told me to give her all of the details from the honeymoon."

"Well," Chaos said as he headed for the door, "I'm going to head out; see you at five."

"Bye!" Emerald called to him before heading to the bathroom for a shower. When she was done and had eaten some breakfast she headed out into town. Feline and Emerald talked about the honeymoon, where they went, and the sights they saw. By the time eleven rolled around it was time for Feline to go which left Emerald to do the one thing she was in town for, a checkup. Doctor Stables, old yet still in practice, had insisted that she come in for a checkup after she got back. She walked into the office and was greeted by a small foal.

"Hi!" The small blue foal said with a smile that would put Pinkies to shame, "My name is Red Band-Aid! How can I help you today?"

Emerald smiled, Band-Aid was Red Heart's daughter and it was not uncommon to see her at the office. "Well," Emerald said matter-of-factly, "I am here for a checkup, aren't I on the list?"

Band-Aid, called Band for short, rushed to the desk where Red Heart sat smiling at the filly. She gave her a clip board that had the list of appointments for today on it and Band scanned the names. After she did she rushed back to Emerald.

"Yes!" She exclaimed with great enthusiasm, "If you will kindly step over to the desk, mommy will get the papers all set!"

Emerald walked over to the desk and filled out the paperwork. After a few minutes she was called into an office for a quick X-ray before she continued with the rest of the checkup. Band was very skilled in this area so she got it all set up and ready to go. After she shooed out by Red Heart, the X-ray began. She looked all over her limbs and skull to make sure she was in good condition bone-wise. But when she got to the stomach over where the womb was, she stopped. Red heart shook her head and rubbed her eyes.

"You just got married, correct?" Red Heart asked with a puzzled look on her face.

"Correct"

"Excuse me for a moment," She said as she stepped out of the room. She didn't come back, but a doctor came in.

"Hello," The blue stallion said, "I am Medical Kit, a pregnancy doctor."

"Pregnancy?" Emerald asked as her eyes flew open wide.

"Yes," Medical said as he took a look at the X-rays, "Red Heart says that she saw something in the area of the womb. You don't mind if I take a look do you?"

"No..." Emerald said in a daze, "Not at all."

Medical looked all over the X-rays, nodded, and smiled at Emerald.

"Congratulations!" He said with great excitement, "You are pregnant!"

"I-" Emerald gasped, "Me- We- I'm-"

"I know," He said as he handed her an X-ray, "Do you see that dot there?" Emerald nodded, "Well, that is a foal."

"If that's a foal," Emerald said as she pointed to the dot, "Then what is that?" She pointed to another dot.

"Well," Medical said as he took a closer look, "Would you look at that! There are two in there! Congratulations! You're pregnant with twins!"

Emerald fainted.

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Emerald was very nervous. Hers and Chaos' family was at Sweet Apple Ares for Red Ravens birthday party; they were getting ready to play a game. She had hidden many things around the house for a scavenger hunt of sorts. She had planned a game where she gave cards to specific ponies; those cards told the pony where they needed to go to find their prize. For Twilight and Sweetie Belle, they were on a team, they had to go to the kitchen and look in the oven; Emerald had put a bun in there. For Rumble, Discord, and Chaos, she would have them go to the room directly across from the main one where there was a sign that said, "Daddy, where is my bed." For Poptart and Raven, they would be opening a present each that held a necklace that said "Awesome Auntie"

"Alright Emerald," Sweetie said rolling her eyes, "Why aren't you doing this?"

"Because I set it up," Emerald said as she stuck her tongue out teasingly, "That wouldn't be fair!"

"Fine," Twilight said as she was hoofed the card, "I'll play along."

"Honey," Rumble said as Emerald hoofed the card to him, "I have a feeling that I will be getting... Tickets to the next hoofball game!"

"Oh," Emerald said with a sly grin, "You'll see."

"I'll play along if I must," Discord said with a sigh, "Although, I doubt that it will be hoofball tickets." He winked at Emerald catching her off guard. He knew, oh well, at least he didn't say anything.

"Emerald," Chaos said as he put a wing around her, "Are you sure you don't want me to help you with-"

"Shut up and read the card." Emerald deadpanned.

"Sis," Raven said as she saw that the others had cards, "What do me and Poptart get?"

"You get these gifts," Emerald said as she gave them wrapped boxes with her magic, "But you cannot open them until the others are out of the room, understand?"

"Yes Ma'am," Both fillies said as they watched the others leave. When they were gone they ripped into the presents to see if they could win the prize.

Emerald listened hard; she heard what she was waiting for, a thump from upstairs and hoofs running down the stairs. She then smiled big as she heard screams from the kitchen. Poptart and Raven were putting on the necklaces when Poptart noticed that they said something; she squinted to get a better look...

"YOU'RE PREGNANT?!"

With those words, Twilight and Sweetie were running into the living room and squealing like foals; Chaos tackled Emerald and kissed her hard.

"Did I read that sign upstairs right?" He asked with the biggest smile Emerald had ever seen, "Am I going to be a daddy?"

"Yes," Emerald said as she prepared to be bombarded with questions and big hugs, "Yes you are."

The household exploded.

Author's Note:

New chapter! Yay! oh, and followers, you remember that picture I put out a few days ago? You know, the one of the two ponies! if not, check my blog! that is, if you want a spoiler.



This cute pony was flying all over my screen!