• Published 24th Dec 2015
  • 2,066 Views, 46 Comments

Doctor Whooves: The Changeling Invasion - Draconaquest



It's the holidays at Canterlot High, and The Doctor decides to pay Sunset a visit. However, things turn sour when The Doctor discovers a crack in time leading to Equestria. More importantly, it leads right to a Changeling Hive.

  • ...
2
 46
 2,066

The Crack in the Wall

Sunset and Twilight entered the home; the Doctor was working on repairing something. "What are you working on?" Twilight asked, slinging her backpack off.

"Timey-Whimey detector," the Doctor said, "I thought I could get it working, but it's not."

"Well, at least you're not the janitors at school." Sunset said, entering the main living room.

"Why?" the Doctor asked.

"There's a strange crack in the wall that they can't seem to fix." Sunset said.

"A crack in the wall?" the Doctor asked, stroking his chin.

"Yeah, and I think it's glowing." Twilight said, "but, the others called me crazy."

The Doctor pondered this. "I'd like to see it."

"Why?" Sunset asked.

"A crack in the wall that janitor's can't fix, and it's glowing?" the Doctor said, "Why wouldn't I want to see it?"

"Well, school's closed for today, though we can show you tomorrow." Twilight said.

"Alright then."


The eight people headed down the hallway through CHS, to where Sunset had said the crack was. When they arrived, the Doctor reflexively pulled out his sonic screwdriver and immediately scanned it. "Oh, that's interesting."

"What is?" Twilight asked.

"If you were to knock down the wall, the crack would stay there, because the crack, isn't in the wall." The Doctor explained.

"What?" Rainbow Dash asked, "How can it not be in the wall?"

"It's a crack in time and space." the Doctor said.

"Meanin'...?" Applejack asked.

"Meaning," the Doctor continued, "this crack can be three things: One: It's a portal to another area in time and space. B, no, two: It's a hole in the fabric of reality. You step through this, and you will fall into the void, and to the rest of the universe, it will be like you never existed. And, three, or a possible C: this is the most likely option, it's a combination of both. Should you enter the crack, and you may either head to the other side of the portal, or you fall into the void."

"How do we get rid of it?" Twilight asked.

"I'm not sure." the Doctor said, "I've never seen anything like this before, I'm not sure how to fix it. I need to scan my readings in the TARDIS."


The Doctor had parked the TARDIS outside of Canterlot High, and was running a scan when Sunset walked in. "Doctor?"

"Hello Sunset, how are you?" the Doctor asked, smiling as she walked in.

"I've been better, I've been worse." Sunset said. "Doctor, are you staying for Christmas?"

"Oh, you know, may or may not, that sort of a thing." the Doctor said.

"Well, it's just..." Sunset stuttered, "This is my first Christmas with friends." The Doctor looked away from the screen and looked at the fire-haired girl. "I've been in this world for roughly four years now, and Christmas has been there, but it's never felt like Christmas, not really. This year, I have friends to celebrate it with. Princess Twilight will be busy celebrating Hearth's Warming in Equestria, so I would like all my friends to be there. So, I'd appreciate it if you were there."

The Doctor smiled, just before the TARDIS beeped. "Oh, scan complete." The Doctor pressed buttons on the console. "Let's see... Oh, I need to send something into there, and bring it back before it's too late."

"Like a person?" Sunset asked.

"No, more like a camera, connected to the TARDIS, preferably with a wire, so we can pull it back if it looses energy." the Doctor said, "Come on."


The TARDIS was now parked inside the school, with the crack a few meters away. He had a remote control helicopter with a camera attached to it, and a wire leading to it. "Now, can anyone fly a remote-control helicopter?" He asked, holding a controller up.

"You don't know?" Twilight asked.

"No, sorry, I was a bit busy with saving the world for the thousandth time." the Doctor said.

"And yet you had time to buy a RC copter?" Sunset asked.

"Just answer the question." the Doctor said.

"I can." Twilight said.

"Okay Twilight, you take this." the Doctor handed her the controller, and set up a computer monitor. "Alright, I'll be controlling the camera with this controller," he held up another controller, "And Sunset, you keep an eye on the monitor."

"Got it." Sunset replied.

"What do the rest of us do?" Rainbow Dash asked, who was standing in a corner with the other four.

"Um..." the Doctor licked his lips, "Isn't there a Christmas Ball or something tomorrow night?"

"Yes." Rainbow replied.

"Then, get that set up." the Doctor said.

"OKAY!!!" Pinkie Pie shouted, before running off at lightning speed.

"Come on girls, we'd better make sure she doesn't rip up the gym." Applejack said, waving for the others to follow her.

"Okay..." the Doctor said, "Twilight, activate the helicopter."

Twilight pressed a button on the controller, and the copter buzzed to life, the blades beginning to spin. "Activating camera, and sending feed. Sunset, you receiving it?"

"I'm getting a wonderful image of the floor." Sunset said.

"Right then, Twilight pilot the copter into the crack." the Doctor said.

"Uh... what if it doesn't go in?" Twilight asked.

"Then they'll be one less RC copter in the world." the Doctor said, and gestured toward the crack.

Hesitantly, Twilight maneuvered the copter toward the crack, and it zipper right through, with no issue at all. "Okay Twilight, keep the copter still. Sunset, you getting a feed?"

"It's a tad fuzzy, but I can see it fine." Sunset said, "It looks like a desert of sorts. There looks to be something to the left. Doctor, turn the camera slightly to the left." The Doctor obliged. "Little more, little more, stop. It looks to be some kind of hive, though it's huge. Hold on, something's emerging. It's black, looks kinda like a pony, it has wings, though they look more like an insects...oh no."

"What is it?" the Doctor asked.

"Pull it out! Quick!" Sunset shouted, seizing the controls from Twilight, and quickly putting the copter in reverse.

"What are you doing?!" Twilight screamed, as the Doctor whipped open to the monitor. The creature was flying right toward the copter.

The copter emerged from the crack with ease, and the creature emerged from it too, banging into the wall, before circling back around, and flying toward the entrance.

"Don't let it escape!" the Doctor shouted before running after it, Sunset and Twilight following.

But, they were too slow, and the creature excited the doors, and flew into the cold winter air until it was out of site. "What was that?" Twilight asked.

"A Changeling." the Doctor replied.

"You've seen them too?" Sunset asked.

"Oh, yes." the Doctor said. "And we just let one loose on the outside world. There's no telling the damage it could do. Come on, we need to close that crack before any more come through."

The three treaded back to the crack, and the Doctor pulled his sonic screwdriver from his pocket. "Judging from the data I collected, I should be able to close it back by opening it all the way, and it will snap shut. Or..."

"Or what?" Twilight asked.

"We'll worry about or when it comes, alright?" The Doctor raised his sonic, and pushed down the button. The buzzing of the screwdriver filled the hallway, and the crack slowly opened entirely, revealing a good view of the hive.

"What do we do now?" Twilight asked.

"We wait for it to close." the Doctor said. A few uneventful minutes past, and the crack closed with no issue. "There see? Told you."

"So, what was the or?" Twilight asked.

"Oh, nothing." the Doctor said. "We should be fine. Right now, we have a Christmas party to prepare for tomorrow, am I right?"

"Shouldn't we be worrying about the loose Changeling?" Sunset asked.

"Oh, it should be fine for a couple of days, right?" the Doctor said, and started walking off to the gym.

Twilight followed quietly, and Sunset close behind her. "Oh, I have a bad feeling about this."