• Published 24th Dec 2015
  • 2,062 Views, 46 Comments

Doctor Whooves: The Changeling Invasion - Draconaquest



It's the holidays at Canterlot High, and The Doctor decides to pay Sunset a visit. However, things turn sour when The Doctor discovers a crack in time leading to Equestria. More importantly, it leads right to a Changeling Hive.

  • ...
2
 46
 2,062

The Crack Returns

"Okay, that's enough." Sunset said, breaking away from the Doctor.

"Yeah..." the Doctor said, a bit to eagerly.

"I'm going to get some punch." Sunset said, and walked over to the punch bowl.

The Doctor headed over to where Rainbow Dash, Pinkie Pie, Fluttershy, Rarity, Applejack, and Twilight, who was still in a bad mood after the moment with Flash, was standing.

"Nice moves." Rainbow Dash complimented, as the Doctor walked up.

"Really?" the Doctor asked, "I thought it was a bit lackluster myself."

"I was being nice." Rainbow said.

"You an' Sunset seemed to be havin' fun." Applejack said.

"Nah," the Doctor scoffed, "We were jut blending in with the crowd. Trying not to attract attention."

"Well, you were attracting someone, that's for sure." Rainbow snickered.

"What?" the Doctor asked.

"Really darling, isn't it obvious?" Rarity asked.

"Isn't what obvious?" the Doctor pressed further.

"Come on, use that brain of yours, figure it out!" Rainbow said.

Then it clicked. "What are you-"

"Oh, I can't wait for Christmas tomorrow!" Pinkie Pie interrupted, and looked at the Doctor who mouthed 'thank you.' "After all, the presents, and the cupcakes, and the party!"

"Pinkie Pie, isn't every party you have like that?" Rainbow Dash asked.

"Well, no." Pinkie said, still cheerful. "Last June I had a party that was very monotone, with little to no cupcakes and presents at all!"

Rainbow face palmed, and the Doctor walked off. This party wasn't all bad. Until, the Doctor heard a sound. It seemed to be coming from the stage.

The Doctor ran up to the back of the stage, practically interrupting the band that was playing, which was lead by Flash Sentry. "Hey man, get off the stage!" Flash said.

The Doctor pulled out his sonic screwdriver and scanned the area where the noise was coming from. "Let's see..." he plucked on his glasses and looked at the area it was coming from. "Portal, no... time fissure, no... then that means..." the Doctor got his answer, as a crack, with the same proportions and shape as the one before, faded into existence. "No..." the Doctor mumbled, and stepped back slowly, crashing into the band drummer.

"Doctor, get off the stage!" Flash demanded.

"Oh, shut up!" the Doctor commanded. Flash obliged.

The Doctor returned his attention to the crack. Something seemed to be dripping out of it. A green slime seemed to be oozing from the crack in the wall. He touched it with his finger, and licked it, immediately spitting it out. "Three possible substances. Krillitane oil, Alborian fish juice, and-"

A changeling head popped out of the crack, screaming at the Doctor. "Changeling mucus." He ran to the front of the stage, seized the microphone from Flash and began barking into it. "Everyone! Listen to me! We need to evacuate the school at once!" Not a single student moved. "Oh, why does nobody listen to me!" Then dozens of Changelings exploded from the crack, flying everywhere and shrieking. Then, the students ran out of the gym, screaming their heads off. "Oh, now they move!" A powerful wind was leaving the crack, and more Changelings emerged.

"Come on!" the Doctor shouted to Flash and his band, as they ran off the stage. They ran through the gym, and Sunset, Twilight, and the other five joined them. "Sunset, is there a basement, or a storm shelter here?"

"Yes, follow me!" Sunset took the lead of the group, and plowed down the dark hallways, a swarm of Changelings on their tail.

"They're getting closer!" Rainbow shouted.

"We're almost there!" Sunset shouted back, and ran up to a janitor's closet and kicked it open. She entered it, and found a door at the back, and opened it inward. In side was a small stair case that led downward, and she entered, motioning the others to follow.

The Doctor went to the rear, and got everybody inside. "Alright, come on, everyone in!" He entered last, and used the sonic to lock both the janitor's door, and the shelter door. "That should hold them, at least for now."

The Doctor walked down the small set of stairs and entered the room. "So, who do we got in here?" The Doctor took a small head count. "Right, okay. Only some of us are useful."

"Some?" Flash asked.

"Yeah, some." the Doctor said, "But not you."

"What?" Flash stuttered.

"Could you stop stuttering, I'm trying to think right now." the Doctor said, rubbing his temples.

"So how many Changelings are there?" Rainbow Dash asked. "There could thousands of them."

"Hundreds of thousands." the Doctor said.

"One million seven hundred seventy-one thousand five hundred sixty one." Twilight said, catching everyone's attention. "I mean, at a guess."

"Right," the Doctor said, "So, basically we need the TARDIS."

"Which is where?" Sunset asked.

"In the courtyard." the Doctor replied. "So, we just need to avoid a Changeling swarm and get to it."

"Fun." Sunset said.

"Come on Sunset, we can get it." The Doctor smiled, and walked over to the door, the fire-haired girl in tow.


"Alright, hallway's clear." the Doctor said, exiting the closet.

Sunset walked out behind him, and looked around. "So how did the Changelings get here?"

"Another crack, this time on the stage," the Doctor explained, locking the closet with his screwdriver before placing it back into his suit pocket, "Must've led to the same point in time and space, or at least something similar."

"Great." Sunset said, peering around the corner. "No Changelings in this hallway." She motioned the Doctor over and the two proceeded down the dark corridor.

"Now let's hope they haven't discovered the TARDIS, or at least discovered what it is yet." The Doctor said.

"Why?" Sunset.

"It's the most powerful thing on this planet right now," the Doctor explained, "If they Changelings were to get their hands on it, who knows what damaged they'd cause."

"So you've fought the Changelings before?" Sunset asked.

"Yeah," the Doctor nodded, "They served the Trickster, one of the Pantheon of Discord."

"Was Discord a person or just chaos?" Sunset asked.

"Why do you ask?" the Doctor wondered.

"Well, in Equestria there's a draconequus named Discord, who wreaked havoc on Equestria." Sunset explained.

"Hm..."

"What?"

"Well, I though Discord might be a person, but there was no solid evidence, so I just thought it was meaning chaos, though with this in mind, Discord might have been a person, and fled to Gaea after the Pantheon fell."

"Interesting..."

"We're almost at the side door." the Doctor said, and started walking slower. He reached the door, and peered out of it, Sunset trying to as well. "There it is. Looks like the Changelings haven't got to it yet. Come on, if we're quick, we can get to it." The two slowly exited the building, and started to make their way to the TARDIS.

They were still several yards from it when Sunset shouted, "Two Changelings, coming down!" The Changelings were in humanoid form, but were still disgusting. They flew down right to the TARDIS, and landed next to it.

"Uh-oh." the Doctor mumbled, as the Changelings began to cover the TARDIS with their green slime. Then, the light on time of the TARDIS began to fade in and out, as the familiar groan began to sound, and the box itself began to fade in and out of existence, until it faded away completely and the sound stopped. "Oh no."

"Doctor, they're coming for us!" Sunset said, turning around and sprinting toward the door.

"Run!" the Doctor shouted, following Sunset.

"I am running!" Sunset shouted back, and got up to the door, and pulled it. "It's locked."

"Two words: Sonic Screwdr-"

"This is no time for showing off!" Sunset growled.

"I'm not showing off!" the Doctor argued.

"Just open the door!" Sunset commanded, and the Doctor obeyed, and the two entered the school, locking the door behind them. "Why'd the TARDIS dematerialize?"

"The HADS."

"HADS, H-A-D-S," the Doctor explained, "Stand for Hostile Action Displacement System. If the TARDIS is in danger it immediately dematerializes, and rematerializes in a safer place. I didn't know I had it activated."

"Well, we're without the TARDIS." Sunset said, starting to make her way to the closet.

"And, things just got a lot tougher." The Doctor concluded.