• Published 24th Apr 2015
  • 2,201 Views, 30 Comments

No need for Equestria - DemonWolf



Displaced story using Tenchi Muyo things

  • ...
7
 30
 2,201

No Need for Engagements

Everypony, except Rarity who rushed back to her shop remembering her work, and Spike who went to help, sat staring at the bound succubus, who had it seems had fainted. They were all sitting in Twilight’s library waiting for the mare to wake up while Sparkle examined Nuada’s arm.

“What is she?” Rainbow Dash asked, poking a horn.

“That is a Succubus, a demon from Tartarus that prays on the, ahem, lust energy, of other races.” Twilight said holding a book in her aura.

“What’s she doing up here?” Applejack asked glaring at her.

“It seems she was planning to enslave Tia, and make her void the treaty between the realms.” Nuada stated scratching his arm where the brand was.

“What treaty?” Fluttershy asked.

“According to this book, the treaty of Tartarus was signed over a thousand years ago not long after the two sisters took the throne of Equestria. Prior to this point denizens of Tartarus would come and go across the land attacking ponies and causing havoc. With the aid of one of their greatest generals whose name was lost to time Equestria managed to push a large force of demons back through the gateway. The King of Tartarus Vorak, then challenged the general to single combat. After being bested, he agreed to surrender.” Twilight read.

“And he was quite the honorable warrior, and actually nice guy.” Nuada said remembering back, “Vorak is the one who lent Starswirl his book on the world’s origin, and worked with Tia to establish a trade agreement.”

“What!” Everyone said looking at him like he had two heads.

“Is it that surprising, you all know I knew the Sisters as young fillies.” Nuada said calmly, “I’d like to know why a succubus is disobeying the King?”

“Because I had too.” A voice said quietly. Everyone turned to look at the bound figure who was looking up at the ceiling from her back, “You don’t know what it’s like down there. The strongest rule, those who are weak either become slaves or die.”

“I spent a tour down there.” Nuada said, “I was under the impression that King Vorak was working on changing that.”

“He was, but his power only really extends so far. Most demons were offended that he would bow to the Princesses and left to outer rim, far enough away that his power couldn’t reach them.” She said.

“Right so why are you up here?” Nuada asked kneeling before her.

“My family has lived just on the inside edge of the kingdom, by the rim, one day a very strong demon came through and kicked my family out of it’s home. The rim it seems is getting over populated and demons are vying for new turf, raids and such are becoming more common.” She explained, “however the demon decided not to kill us outright. He wanted us as pets, to sate his needs.”

“My mother begged him to let us go, but he refused saying the only way was if he got out of Tartarus.” The succubus glared at Nuada, “Vorak is weak, so I snuck out the gate during a shipment. Hid as a pony and began amassing power.”

“I see, so suc-”

“Cinder my name is Cinder.” She said glaring at Nuada.

“So Cinder what is this?” Nuada asked showing her his arm.

“Brand of ownership.” She said, “see the one on my plot?”

“Yes, it looks the same.” Sparkle said.

“Ancient Succubus curse.” Cinder said, “if a non demon male is able to overcome a succubus’s power, and beat her in one on one combat, she must marry the stallion and live with him.”

“WHAT!” Everyone cried out.

“I thought Sexy here was some kind of demon, and I could overpower him, seeing as his magic is so weak, but no instead I get my flank handed to me.” She said sadly, “story of my life.”

“Um what happens if I don’t want to marry you?” Nuada asked feeling uncomfortable.

“Well for you nothing, for me I lose my powers and immortality, and would be forced to live my life as a magicless pony.” Cinder said.

“Interesting, when does this start to happen?” Twilight asked.

“I have one year to ‘whoo’ my owner.” She said, “anyway I failed call your princess and do what you will with me.”

“Nuada?” Sparkle asked seeing him deep in thought. Nuada’s mind was in over drive thinking about things, he knew he was gonna have a harem due being like Tenchi, and from what little he had heard from the few Displaced their ‘shows’ influenced their worlds. That meant that this girl before him was probably going to be one of it, she wasn’t to bad he thought, decent fighter, looked nice, but what about this mark of ownership.

“Cinder, if I do someday marry you, does the mark stay, and what is to keep you from leaving me then?” Nuada asked.

“What?” Sparkle asked glaring at Cinder.

“Once the marriage is consummated, the mark leaves, and the curse is broken. Nothing would be forcing me to stay with you.” She explained.

“I see, but I have a year to decide.” Nuada thought aloud.

“Um Sugarcube you can’t be seriously thinking of marrying that there pony, look at what she did to the folks around here.” Applejack interjected,

“Yeah she was all mean and everypony was like a zombie.” Pinkie Pie added.

“Yeah who cares if she loses her magic and becomes a normal pony, not our problem.” Rainbow Dash added.

“They’re right you have no obligation to this demon.” Sparkle said glaring at Cinder.

“She’s displaced.” Nuada said calmly.

“What? No she’s not, Displaced are much different than her.” Sparkle said.

“She may not be a capital D displaced, but she has lost her home, and yeah she did some bad things, but so have other ponies for worse reasons.” Nuada explained, “Cinder can you promise to not attack other ponies except in cases of self defense, and become a productive member of society.”

“What choice do I have?” She asked nodding her head, “I swear on my on my soul as a succubus that I will not harm ponies except in self defense and become a productive member of society.”

“Alright you can live with me for a year, and we’ll revisit this then.” Nuada said removing the rope from her.

“WHAT!” Everypony yelled.

“Man you girls are so easily surprised.” Nuada said rubbing his ears.

Sparkle glared at him, but saw the honest relieved look on Cinder’s face. It reminded her of Ushio and then she sighed, it was the same thing, only this time Nuada had extended the hand, despite her telling him not to. The roles were reversed this time, the irony was not lost on her.

“I still don’t much like this but, I’ll follow Nuada’s lead.” Sparkle said removing her helmet, “Lieutenant Commander Twilight Sparkle at your service.”

Cinder looked between the two Twilights, “Um nice to meet you, why are there two of you?”

“I’ll explain later, girls please introduce yourselves.” Sparkle said waving a hoof.

“I’m Twilight Sparkle, personal student of Princess Celestia and wielder of the Element of Magic.” Twilight said tentatively extending a hoof to shake.

“A pleasure.” Cinder said disinterested as she shook the extended hoof.

“I’m Pinkie Pie!” Pinkie said coming in for a hug crushing Cinder’s ribs. “Oh my this is gonna be so great, new pony not a pony friend, Oh I can throw a party!”

Everyone watched as Pinkie dashed away leaving Cinder to deal with a now spinning room. After that the girls introduced themselves, except Fluttershy whom was still rather scared and ended up with Nuada introducing her.

“Lastly I am Nuada Lugh, Guardian of Equestria, wielder of the Light Hawk Wings, and I guess your new fiance.” Nuada said shaking Cinder’s hoof.

“And such a fine looking fiance too.” Cinder cooed as she shook his hand, “now what happens?”

“Well, I need to meet with Ushio, and then Sparkle can we get a ride home?” Nuada asked.

“Yeah.” Sparkle said putting her helmet back on.

“Ya’ll be careful now.” Applejack warned, “and Cinder I’m watching you.”

“Trust me it’s in my own best interest to behave.” Cinder said waving a hoof as she was led outside.

“Nuada hang on.” Twilight said holding his sleeve with magic.

“What’s up?” Nuada asked.

“I can see you want to sympathise with her, but she’s still from Tartarus, you should be careful.” Twilight said with the girls nodding their heads in agreement.

“I appreciate that warning Twilight, just remember never judge a book by it’s cover.” Nuada said with a look that told the girls to drop it, "Also please ask Pinkie Pie to hold off on the party for a few days."


“Welcome to my home.” Nuada said standing before his sacred tree Kirito.

“You live in a tree?” Cinder asked looking at the massive tree, “Where’s the door?”

“Right here, Kirito please open up we have another house guest.” Nuada said causing a portal to open behind him. “Please everyone come on in.”

Ushio squeezed past Nuada, and was followed by Sparkle carrying the bags in her magic. Cinder shrugged and jumped in followed by Nuada as the portal closed behind him.

“This is inside that tree?” Cinder asked looking around the homestead.

“In a sense it’s actually more like a miniature world that exists out of phase with our world, and the tree, who is known as Kirito, made it and opens the door back and forth.” Nuada explained, “I built the house by hand, it’s Neighponese in style you can say, because it was easier, and because Kirito controls this space, the area around the house is always a comfortable temperature, and he does a remarkable job with the seasons, when it comes to the farm areas.”

“Farm areas?” Cinder asked confused.

“Yup, about a quarter mile from the front gate is my farm land. I’ve got an orchard going and some other plants. Part of your responsibilities will be helping me tend to the plants.” Nuada explained.

“Um I’ve never much worked with plants.” Cinder explained, “Down in Tartarus we mostly only had weeds we foraged.”

“Well you’ll learn I’ll be right there to lend a hand.” Nuada said with a thumbs up, “Now then let’s get you a room.”

“Can’t I share yours?” she asked with a sly grin.

“Nope, Ushio, Bestla, and even Sparkle get their own rooms, it wouldn’t be fair for you not to get your own.” Nuada explained ignoring her attempt to seduce him.

“Who’s Bestla?” Cinder asked following Nuada along the walkway between rooms.

“She’s a space police officer, she’s out right now but you’ll meet her at dinner. She’s staying with us because her ship you saw outside is broken.”

“That giant metal thing is a ship, wait space police, I’m getting confused.” Cinder said her head feeling light and fuzzy.

“It’s okay we’ll take time and explain it all later, for now this is your room, right by Sparkle’s and Bestla’s. Why don’t you take a few to relax and get use to your situation, I’ll send Ushio to get you for dinner.” Nuada said leaving the confused mare in a plain room with what she decided was a very comfortable bed on the ground.


“So she’s a demon?” Ushio asked as Sparkle helped her load perishables into the new refrigerator that Bestla had fabricated.

“Yeah, I never dealt with her kind except once, and it want’s a good memory.” Sparkle said floating a bundle of carrots over, “I’m still surprised Nuada would just agree to letting her stay.”

“Oh I think I know.” Ushio explained, “A little after he took in Bestla, Twilight came over and he explained to all of us what world he was from and how he got his power. Apparently this Tenchi Muyo story was one where the main character got an ‘accidental’ harem and lived with five very nice, very different ladies. When he spoke with Mistress Change right before that whole nasty fight, she mentioned things from his source character would bleed over. So he must figure that we’re his accidental harem, and it’s not worth fighting it.”

“I’m not sure how I feel about that.” Sparkle said passing some lettuce over.

“I wouldn’t worry, Nuada seems like the guy who wouldn’t put up with a bad person in his home. Sure Bestla takes some liberties but she is a nice person deep down.” Ushio said happily.

“Right so who is this Bestla by the way you’ve mentioned her twice now.”

“She’s a galaxy police officer, her ship is the one you saw outside, she’s been working on it since she got here trying to get a distress signal out. Nuada took her in without much thought like Cinder.” Ushio explained, “She’s like a troublesome older sister, always trying to analyze Nuada and figure out his power, in her off time.”

“I see, maybe I can lend a hoof, I know a lot about technology now, and even how to merge it with magic, so maybe I can help her out. I’ve got about a week off, Commander needs me for the final push after that.” Sparkle explained.

“Final push?” Ushio asked.

“We found the Collectors origin point, Commander wants to take them out before they can do anymore harm. But he authorized a twenty four hour shore leave. I lucked out in that much more time passes here than it does in my world. Starswirl figures sixteen hours at home is around seven days here.” Sparkle explained.

“Well that’s nice, you’ll come back by after it’s over?” Ushio asked a little fear playing across her face. She hadn’t spent a lot of time with Sparkle, but she still is one of the two that saved her from Katago. The thought of her dying in a war twisted at her heart.

“I’ll make sure to come back over after it’s over.” Sparkle said with as much confidence as she could, despite knowing she could die at any point in the coming fight.


Besta watched her cameras in confusion, she had just watched as a small aircraft came back from town carrying Nuada, Ushio, some very strange kind of pony she didn’t recognize, and what looked like Twilight but didn’t at the same time. Running the energy signature against her database she found it was the exact same as the secondary mystery signature from the explosion of Katago’s ship.

“Interesting, so this must be that pony, from another dimension, that Nuada mentioned. I think I’ll observe her for a little while.” Bestla said to herself as she turned on a few cameras she had placed throughout the house in secret. Turing on all the different filters and scanning systems, a holographic three dimensional of the small home formed in the air before her. Dots representing all the residents formed showing locations. And readouts on energy levels started displaying.


“Nuada I was looking for you.” Sparkle said entering the storage shed attached to the house.

“What’s up?” Nuada asked as he pulled some carrots and potatoes out of a box. It had been some time and his farms had finally borne fruit so to speak. It had been a busy week for him as he had to harvest them all and take them home before they went bad in the ground.

“I forgot to ask earlier, Starswirl is holding another communicator like this one, but he needs a message to attach to it, before sending it off to other Displaced.” Sparkle said.

“Okay, would you mind sending it to him? I haven’t had a chance to learn how this one works.” Nuada stated holding the GXP communicator up.

“Sure we’ll just record it on my omni-hoof. I also infused the communicator into the omni-hoof so we can communicate at any time.” Sparkle said holding up her left front hoof a screen with a record button was projected.

“Okay how about this. Hello this is Nuada Lugh, Master of the Light Hawk Wings, and Guardian of Equestria. If you need assistance in any form and are of good alignment please contact me.

Sparkle nodded as she hit the stop button, “I’ll send it to Starswirl now, I wouldn’t be surprised if you got a call soon.”

“We’ll see what happens.” Nuada nodded as he handed off a basket of vegetables to Sparkle’s magic and grabbed another basket loaded with different things.


“Ushio, can you got get Bestla from her ship it’s about dinner time.” Nuada called from the kitchen the smell of a stew wafted through the doors drawing Sparkle and Cinder from their rooms to wait.

“Okay!” She called back from where she was sweeping the floors. Ushio had just reached the little wooden arch that Nuada made as a point to use for the door in and out when Ushio saw a portal form and Bestal walk in.

“Ushio what a surprise.” Bestla said with mock innocence, “I was just coming in to see Nuada.”

“Uh hu, well dinner is ready, Nuada made vegetable stew tonight. We also have two guests.” Ushio said raising an eyebrow at the wolf girl.

“Really I wonder who they are?” she said skipping past the little bunny girl and towards the house.

“Bestla please behave, these two are gonna stay with us for a while.” Ushio said following her.

“I’m shocked to think, you would think I wouldn’t be on my best behavior.” Bestla joked with a smirk, “I will be on my best behavior for these fine ladies.”

Ushio frowned knowing she hadn’t mentioned anything about gender.


“Okay everyone we have a new addition to the household and a guest for a week. So lets all introduce ourselves.” Nuada said as everyone seated themselves around a small table. Nuada thought about having to make a new one to accommodate everyone. “As we all know I am Nuada Lugh, I own this house so my rules are law here. Kirito is the spirit of the tree that maintains this space, he’s a Jurai Royal Tree, you can ask him for help with finding anything in this space. Be aware though if I ask him to block something from you it’s for your own good don’t try to circumnavigate it.”

Ushio stood up and bowed, “I’m Ushio, I was rescued by Sparkle and Nuada a few months back. I’ve been taking care of the house chores like most of the cooking and cleaning. It’s a pleasure to meet you.”

“Bestla of the GXP, Nuada let me stay here while I’m trying to fix my ship. It’s so nice to meet you both.” Bestla said winking at the two new girls.

“Lieutenant Commander Twilight Sparkle of the SR2 Normandy, please call me Sparkle. I am a Displaced, one of a group of interdimensional travelers separated from our original worlds like Nuada here. I am visiting for a week before I return to my new home. It’s nice to meet you all.” Sparkle said nodding her head to Bestla.

Cinder fidgeted beside Nuada, she felt self conscious and her normal self esteem felt greatly diminished. ‘It seems that mark has more effects to it,’ Cinder thought steeling herself. “I am Cinder the Succubus, Nuada defeated me in a fair fight and has won me as his new fiancee.”

Ushio and Bestla looked at her and raised their eyebrows at Nuada.

“Engaged in a day well well thats pretty quick.” Ushio stated forcing a smile, “congratulations.”

“My my how interesting, you said he beat you in a fight and claimed you. How very manly.” Bestla said looking at Nuada with a bit of a glare, “Seeing as he is so powerful it must have been an easy thing for him.”

“Yes he beat me quite soundly, and by the customs of my people he and I are to be wed within a year.” Cinder said tasting their jealousy in the air, even caught a small but strong taste off of Sparkle. Cinder relaxed into her old ways and continued to rub it in, “He was so manly the way he literally swept me off my feet before tieing me up.”

“Really now, swept you off your feet?” Ushio asked cocking her head but glaring at Nuada.

“Tied you up, my my you should have told me you wanted it the other way.” Bestla said with a smirk.

“Um girls I think there is a misunderstanding here. Sparkle help me out?” Nuada asked before he saw the smirk on her muzzle.

“But it’s all true, Nuada even now bears a mark on his right shoulder binding him to Cinder. It's a very important mark binding them together.” Sparkle said tossing her two bits in. Causing the other two girls to glare at him, the fury rising off of them.


Nuada nursed his cheek where over lapping hand prints were forming. Everyone else was laughing as Sparkle properly explained what had happened.

“So this was an accident, Nuada was just trying to stop you from enslaving Ponyville?” Bestla asked sipping some sake as they all ate.

“Yes I’m embarrassed to admit, he beat me so quickly too, I had thought I had the power to take down Celestia only to find out I was sorely mistaken. I found out a little later that he was the general of the princesses that had beaten our King Vorak in the first place. If I can’t hold a candle to him how could I hope to even scratch Celestia.” Cinder sighed tasting the sake. It tasted different but good and decided to shoot it.

“Now now Cinder sake is a sipping alcohol.” Sparkle said her face flush as she drank more sake, “You shouldn’t chug it. Hic. Excuse me.”

“Yes Princess can't hold my liquor.” Cinder snarked back drinking some more, making loud slurping noises.

"Now you stop that, I can hold my liquor just fine." Sparkle said stomping her hoof to make the point, but stumbled cutely ruining her attempt.

“It looks like Cinder is gonna fit right in.” Ushio said as she offered Nuada another helping while apologizing for the slap.

Author's Note:

So here we are, another chapter Cinder is making friends, and Nuada has finally joined the ranks of the Displaced properly. Go ahead and message me if you wanna cross over, though I have two lined up right now.