• Published 24th Apr 2015
  • 2,200 Views, 30 Comments

No need for Equestria - DemonWolf



Displaced story using Tenchi Muyo things

  • ...
7
 30
 2,200

No Need for Law Enforcement

Nuada touched down at the edge of town like normal, and began walking to Twilight's. Quickly he noticed the town was dead quiet and began to worry. He heard someone call him as he walked past Sugarcube corner.

"Pssst, come hide," Pinkie Pie said yell whispering at him.

With a raised eyebrow Nuada walked over to her, and was violently pulled into the bakery. Looking he saw the element bearers and a little filly hiding in the dark.

"What's going on here?" Nuada asked sitting himself up right.

"These girls are freaking out over a Zebra outside," Twilight said pointing out a window.

Nuada saw a brown robed pony, pawing at the ground.

"And the big deal is?" he asked, as Twilight sighed. Pinkie burst into a quiet song about an evil enchantress, and dancing, and other silly things.

"Really you guys are spooked by her but let me into town just fine?" Nuada asked unimpressed.

"Thats what ai was sayin," the filly said getting shushed by the older ponies.

"And what is your name little one?" Nuada asked.

"I'm Applebloom, Applejack's sister," she said.

"Nice to meet you, I'm Nuada," he said.

"Ai know you help on the farm for apple sometimes."

"Yup, now then if you ladies will excuse me I'm going to speak with that zebra."

"But you can't it's not safe," Pinkie said latching on to his chest trying to stop him.

Nuada ignored her as he opened the door, swatting her hooves off his shirt, the material tearing.

“Really, I go thru a fight against thousands of foes and come out without a single snag but one pony can rip it?” Nuada complained glaring at his shirt.

“I’m sorry,” Pinky said looking sad her hair deflating, the others were startled by his outburst. The few times they hand interacted he was always so calm.

“Forgiven, I shouldn’t have swatted your hooves off like that, now then,” Nuada patted her head that returned to full poof, and stepped outside. The girls all sucked in a breath except Applebloom and Twilight as Nuada walked closer to the zebra.

[Greetings friend what brings you here?] Nuada spoke in a strange tongue the girls not recognizing it other than Twilight.

“What did he say?” Rainbow asked.

“I’m not sure it’s Zebracan I think, but a strange dialect,” Twilight said, “I never had the time to study foreign languages in depth.”

[Your words are old creature, but seem to be in kindness. I am Zecora I’m looking for an herb shop, but they all seem closed,] the zebra known as Zecora replied.

[I learned this tongue over a thousand years ago, glad to see it hasn’t changed too much,] Nuada answered, [I am Nuada the warrior of light, if your people still tell the legends.]

[A bold claim to be he, but not have a heard of another human in the realm, to verify do you carry the sacred blade?] she asked.

Nuada nodded and pulled out his sword hilt, triggering it and showing it to her. The girls were startled by this but quickly the blade returned to his pocket. The two spoke in Zebracan a while longer before Nuada waved over to Sugarcube corner.

“Hello girls this is Zecora the zebra, may she come in for a snack and conversation?” Nuada asked his face telling them no wasn’t an answer.

“O..of couurse,” Pinkie said scared.

“For your care, I thank you mare,” Zecora said entering the building. Nuada bought some food from Pinkie Pie while Zecora sat in a booth and Twilight sat next to her the other girls all sat in the next booth over watching.

“Hello Miss Zecora it’s nice to meet a zebra, I’m Twilight Sparkle, if I may ask what brings you to Equestria?” Twilight asked politely.

“I am here to study the properties of local plants in the Everfree forest where my abode lies,” Zecora said as Nuada sat the food down.

“A tad dangerous to live in that forest,” Nuada remarked.

“And yet you choose to live there still,” Twilight replied.

“I am probably the strongest person, on this planet,” Nuada said.

“Take heed lest your pride bring you too your knee,” Zecora said sipping the tea.

“I think I first taught that to your ancestors, but a pleasant reminder none the less, now then, Zecora I hear you’re having issues being let into town?” Nuada asked.

“It is true, and makes me quite blue,” she said looking down cast.

“Well then good thing we have Twilight here,” Nuada said nodding to the unicorn.

“What about me?” Twilight asked confused.

“Celestia sent you here to learn about friendship right?” Nuada asked.

“Yes but I don’t remember telling you that,” Twilight said and caught Pinkie Pie trying to hide a panicky grin.

“Yeah that party was very informative, so think you can help us out and get the town to help Zecora, she’s low on some herbs for her brews,” Nuada said looking over at the zebra who nodded.

“Of course I can, Girls,” Twilight called the girls over, who came over slowly, Fluttershy being dragged over by Applejack by her tail.

“What can we help you with Darling?” Rarity asked looking at Nuada’s shirt in mild disgust.

“Help me get Zecora introduced into the town,” she said, “to think you girls are scared of such a nice pony.”

THWEEEEEEEEEDDDDDDDDDDD

“Uh what’s that noise?” Rainbow asked.

“That sounds like an engine,” Nuada said before running outside. Following him out, the girls watched a metal craft flying thru the air out of control, fire coming out of the back.

“A friend Nuada?” Rainbow asked watching it crash into the whitetail wood.

“Not sure, Rainbow get your weather team out, there is going to be fires over there. Twilight, you stick with the girls here and continue helping Zecora. I’ll let you know if I need help,” Nuada said flicking his battle armour on and flew over in the direction of the smoke.

“You heard the guy,” Twilight said nugging Rainbow Dash who nodded and flew off.


Nuada touched down by the burning ship, the trees near by were on fire, and the ground was warm. However there was foam being shot from ports on the ship causing the ground to cool and the fires on the ship to go out.

Keeping his sword ready he began looking for an opening, the ship seemed to be much larger than LtC Sparkle’s seeing as it made a hill where the front had burrowed under the ground. A section of the ship exploded out revealing a corridor, Nuada stood before it his sword at the ready as a ramp came out from below it and touched the ground.

“Owowowowow,” a voice said from the corridor, “that smarts.”

“Hello?” Nuada called, “are you okay?”

“Yeah, I’ll be fine,” it said walking out into the light. Nuada was met by an anthromorphic she-wolf, judging by the ample chest on her. Mild shock took Nuada as he noticed her uniform.

“Greetings Officer, may I ask what a Galaxy Police Officer is doing crashing a ship on to this world?” Nuada asked.

“You know of the GXP?” she asked.

“In a manner of speaking, I am Nuada Lugh guardian of the lands of Equestria,” he said putting his sword away but left his armor on.

“I am First Class Detective Bestla of the GXP, I am here to investigate the case of a criminal named Katago,” she said dusting herself off.

‘This girl should be like Mihoshi, but not sure yet,’ Nuada thought looking her over, “I see and what about him are you investigating out here?”

“His strange death, seems two days ago he was slain and his ship destroyed,” she said looking over Nuada’s reaction, ‘this guy knows something.’

“That would have been a friend of mine and I,” Nuada said, looking over his shoulder he saw a small group of pegasus flying over with gray clouds, “we should relocate, this area is about to get very wet. Are you able to fly by yourself?”

“I can levitate short distances,” she said looking at the group, “are they moving rain clouds?”

“I’ll explain later, give me your hand,” Nuada took her hand and lifted her over to beyond the side of the crater.

“Hey Nuada is this the alien in the ship?” Rainbow Dash asked flying up a trail of rainbow behind her.

“Yes she is Bestla of the GXP, a type of guard in space if you would,” Nuada said as Bestla’s mouth was agape in awe watching the ponies douse the area and push clouds around with their hooves.

“She safe?” Rainbow asked taken back by the mouth of teeth and the clawed paws.

“She should be,” Nuada said turning to her, “now Miss Bestla, what happened to your ship?”

“I overclocked the engine output and they burned out the control systems upon hitting atmosphere. Manual override failed, I was only able to slow the ship slightly and land, lucky for me I’m made of stern stuff,” she said happily. Nuada sighed starting to see part of this was intentional.

“What’s that all mean?” Rainbow asked.

“It’s like if you dove too fast, got a muscle cramp, and at the last minute managed to pull flat to the ground and biffed it in a nice slide roll,” Nuada said dumbing it down for the athlete.

“Ouch, good thing it was in that metal thing then,” she said nodding to the ship the others were looking over.

“Nuada!” a voice called and caused Nuada to look up to find Celestia’s chariot and squad of guards following.

“Tia, saw the crash?” Nuada asked as she landed. All the pegasus flew over and bowed.

“Yes I did,” she said before turning to the ponies,”Hello everypony, good job putting the fire out, please return home and relax.”

“Yes Princess,” Rainbow said motioning for the others to go, “Nuada fill us in later okay.”

“Got it,” Nuada said waving to them.

“Now then who is this?” Celestia asked, looking at the clothed wolf, “she looks similar to the diamond dogs.”

“Princess Celestia this is Officer Bestla of the Galaxy Police, Bestla this is Princess Celestia of Equestria our highest ranking official,” Nuada said introducing them.

“It is an honor to meet you Princess,” Bestla said bowing to a knee.

“A pleasure to meet you as well, now please rise we have something to discuss of course,” she said motioning to a table and chairs she summoned out of nowhere.

“Yes of course,” Bestla said taking a seat. Nuada sat down and took a sip of the tea a guard served them.

“Now then what brings a traveler from space to our world?” Celestia asked taking a seat as well.

“I was investigating a dangerous criminal named Katago whose ship was last seen headed in this direction. We received reports of an explosion thought to be his ship. After confirming it was his ship and he was dead, I came down to investigate the how. Nuada here said that was him and a friend,” she explained.

“Yes, Katago foalnapped me two nights ago. Thanks to Nuada and a new friend of his they came up to his ship, and saved me,” Celestia said, “twas quite the spectacle.”

“I also rescued a girl named Ushio, it seems he was running illegal experiments on mana,” Nuada added in.

“Is that what caused him to foalnap you?” she asked, a smirk at the term formed.

“Yes,” Celestia stated.

“So this mana is that what let's you guys fly, move clouds, and such?” she asked.

“We just refer to it as magic but yes,” Celestia said.

“I knew magic was real,” Bestla stated happily, “those techs called me crazy well I’ll show them, mwahahahahahahaha!”

Nuada leaned over to Celestia, “my gut says she’s okay, but she’s making it hard to justify.”

“I can see that, is magic rare outside of Equestria and our world?” she replied.

“From what I can gather it is,” Nuada’s eyes lit up with a thought and his face turned to a scowl, “Miss Bestla, a question.”

“Ahem, yes what is it?” she asked.

“This system wouldn’t happen to be a special protected zone, something along the lines of no contact with the natives?” Nuada asked raising his eyebrow.

“Um,” Bestla began to sweat under her fur, “maybe.”

“Sigh, too many similarities,” Nuada said running his hand down his face, “let me guess ship can’t fly and coms are down.”

“Yup, how did you figure that?” she asked looking him over suspiciously.

“I’ll explain later, would you care to stay at my place, at least until the communications relay is fixed?” Nuada asked his memories of the show becoming clearer and clearer.

“I appreciate the offer but I should stick with my ship, it has space for me to sleep,” she stated.

“Not a worry, Luna and I with some guards can move your ship to Nuada’s place,” Celestia stated. Nuada glared at her and was hit with a shovel in the face, causing him to curse and set some grass on fire. Stomping the fire out Nuada sighed and calmed himself, “that sounds like a plan if Bestla is okay with it.”

The two looked at him confused, nodding in agreement.

“Ignore the shovel, its… ack,” the shovel struck again, “a gift from a friend I made yesterday.”

“Looks painful,” Bestla said noticing his nose turning red.

“It is but, it’s to help me deal with… ack, a rage issue,” Nuada said blood starting to flow. Celestia summoned some tissue and let Nuada plug his nose.

“You must tell me this story sometime,” Celestia said concerned.

“Later, get your sister here and let's move this,” Nuada said rubbing his tender nose. A scroll of parchment later they sat waiting. During this time Bestla began having them answer questions of the Katago case. Nuada held back on the Displaced info saying he didn’t want to explain it, and might later.

“Hail sister,” Luna said landing with two more squads of ponies, some being unicorns in chariots, “what do you need my help with?”

“This is Bestla, she crashed her ship and needs it moved to Nuada’s place,” Celestia explained.

“Well met Bestla,” Luna said, “we finally get so see your home Nuada?”

“Yes you...ack, may….ack,” Nuada agreed, before placing an energy shield in front of his face blocking the onslaught of shovels.

“What causes these attacks?” Luna asked.

“A spell from a friend if his, he says, to help him with his rage,” Celestia said trying to ignore the clang of metal on energy shield.

“Oh,” Luna said downcast, “let us be on our way then.”

Together Celestia and Luna pulled the massive ship free from the ground, and let some pegasus guards tie ropes around it. The massive ship strained the ropes causing Celestia and Luna to reinforce the ropes with magic. Taking a lead rope from a guard Nuada assisted and began leading them into the Everfree Forest.

"You live in the forest?" Luna asked confused.

With a glare Nuada nodded at her, "before the forest became so wild, and you built the first castle, I planted my home."

"Planted? You have a tree home?" Celestia asked, "but that enchanted kind of seed was formulated only 300 years ago by Aticus Growth. How do you have one?"

"If you mean like the library or Fluttershy's cottage? I don't have one like that, you can see the top of it on the horizon from here, the big tall round one," Nuada said pointing at where Kirito's foliage rose over the tree line.

"Your home is the sacred tree?" Celestia asked.

"I guess, what do you mean sacred tree?"

"After you disappeared, a strange tree was found in a lake growing out of a small island. Unicorns felt drawn to it when they came near to it, I observed first hand as the ageing Clover touched the tree and was infused with power unlike we knew, similar to your wings now that I think about it," Celestia explained, "Clover then explained she had seen the 'truth' and like yourself and Starswirl she helped change how we understood magic."

"Strange, I'll ask Kirito about that," Nuada said as the lake came into view and they saw Ushio by the tree waving. Nuada waved back and directed the guards and Princesses where to set it down on the shore line.

The ship sank into the sand and knocked a few trees over, as Celestia and Luna relaxed their magic and left the ropes where they laid. Sweat poured off the princesses particularly Luna who's magic wasn't at full strength.

"Nuada what's going on?" Ushio asked coming over in a white dress with an apron over.

"We have another house guest, Ushio this is Bestla, Bestla this is Ushio, the girl I rescued from Katago," Nuada introduced as Bestla got out of the ship.

"Nice to meet you," Ushio said with a curtsy.

"First Class Detective Bestla of the GXP, pleased to make your acquaintance," Bestla replied with a salute.

"Good now then, Celestia, Luna, owwww, please excuse us I need to get Bestla settled in and still return to Ponyville for some supplies," Nuada said avoiding looking at the hurt moon princess.

"Of course, please take this," Celestia pulled out a scroll, "an invitation to the Grand Galloping Gala. Details inside."

"We'll see," Nuada said waving to her, a tear forming in his eyes.

"Nuada?" Ushio looked up at him concerned.

"Remembering my first party with those two, it was long ago but we had a lot of fun. I miss those times," Nuada said watching the retreating flock of ponies.

"I'm sure you'll have those times again, it's never too late to make up," she said giving him a hug.

"I know, I wish I knew why this rage won't go away, every... gah... time I think of her," Nuada said before calming himself and changing thoughts, "Bestla let's get you settled in."

"Okay," she said a pack on her shoulders. Nuada showed her into Kirito's subspace and left her in a room to get situated, saying she was welcome to stay as long as she wanted. Leaving Nuada made it back to Ponyville late afternoon to find a large herd by the spa. Touching down he found a stallion of to the side with an hourglass cutie mark.

"Sir, what's going on at the spa?" Nuada asked.

"Zecora is showing Aloe and Lotus how to mix a special facial cream to reduce wrinkles, all the mares in Ponyville are in there, frivolous if you ask me," he said adjusting a clock he was working on.

“I agree, thanks see you around,’ Nuada said walking away, and into the market.

Author's Note:

Finished this on my phone, got a new job and have had not time to myself per say, and when I did I didn't feel like writting so sorry for the delay.

Please review and vote, I don't know how the story is without feed back.