• Published 14th May 2012
  • 2,774 Views, 49 Comments

Nano Swarm in Equestria - BioChemicalWolfGear



A human of the future who fought for a just cause finds his space age knowledge useless in Equestria

  • ...
12
 49
 2,774

The Deadly Inferno

(missleading Title :D )

Rainbow didn’t care that Cole tasted her blood. As long as he doesn’t try to eat her she was fine with having the stupid hominid in her home. She was finally able to fly again and she was out souring through the skies like she used too. Only her fatal mistake was asking to race Cole…There is a reason why Jump Jet Infantry (J.J.I) have the word ‘Jet’ in their title; and Rainbow now knows why.

“HOW ARE YOU GOING SO FAST!” Said the astonished ‘or pissed off’ rainbow maned Pegasus. She was wheezing from the exhaustion of trying to keep up with the ‘jet’ aspect of Cole’s suit.

“WITH MY AWESOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOME!” Yelled Cole as he flies away.

“WAIT...*wheeze*…I can’t…*wheeze*…keep…” She slows down to a slight hover as Cole speeds off into the distance. Then the world goes black…

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Rainbow wakes up in her bed later that night. Cole was hugging her tightly with a light blue aura surrounding the bed. Almost like a mist that looked as if it was dancing between them and each corner of the bed. She noticed that the light blue glow seemed to be lighting up the room in a beautiful phosphorescent glow. She felt almost at peace…Besides the fact a hominid was almost part of her own body, which creeped her out a bit. (Apparently ‘creeped’ isn’t a word)

“C-Cole?” She said. She only now noticed a burning sensation in her lungs as the remnants of exhaustion can still be felt from the tiring sprint. (Or dash for flying I guess)

Cole opens his eyes and sees the Pegasus has woken up. “Hey Dashie. Whatever you do don’t leave the aura ok? If you do there probably wouldn’t be enough oxygen in the air for you to breath right.”

“W-WHAT?!” Rainbow started to wheeze again.

“HEY-HEY-HEY Rainbow calm yourself! Deep breathes ok?” Rainbow nodded as her wheezing fit seemed to end.

“So what happened exactly?”

“Well you we were racing around Ponyville to start…”

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

(Warning this is a paragraph you can skip)(This is just back story on how Cole is treating Rainbow after he blackout)

Cole speeds ahead of the cyan Pegasus and she speeds after him. Rainbow was getting tired but her pride was telling her ‘FASTER!’. And she went faster all right. A full on sonic rainboom faster. Reaching the speed of mock ten she sped ahead of Cole; only to be quickly surprised and horrified as he zips by her with ease at a speed Rainbow could only dream of…No even faster than what her imagination could handle. Cole zoomed past her at a whopping mock twenty. Almost setting the air on fire as he passed her. In fact Rainbow could swear she saw a spark somewhere when he passed her by. Then to her horror he burst into flames and ascended into the sky at a speed no longer describable. Rainbow’s spirit was completely broken. The fastest flier in Equestria…No more. She tried in vein to pump her wings even faster but only succeeded in tiring her out even more. She kept flying pretty fast though. It was believed at some point Cole returned to her side. She pushed her body too far and now she was suffering for it. Her lungs where protesting and her heart was beating faster than her wings. Rainbow’s vision seemed to blur so much that she lost the ability to see color…Or at least distinguish between them. Her lungs finally began rioting inside her chest and she started to wheeze ever more painfully now that she was forcing herself to remain better than Cole. Cole dashes ahead once again.

“HOW ARE YOU GOING SO FAST!”

“WITH MY AWESOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOME!”

“WAIT…*wheeze*…I can’t…*wheeze*…keep…”

Rainbow passes out and starts plummeting to the ground. Cole sees this happen and he dashes off to catch her. Removing his chest plates to expose it toward Rainbow so she had something relatively soft to land on in air, Cole maneuvers himself so he will be falling with Rainbow as he catches her and even then it still knocked the wind out of him when they collided. Rainbow was now safely falling wait Cole-falling?

*BAM*

They collide with the ground but not at full speed. Cole was able to slow them down enough so that there was minimal damage. Rainbow was wheezing and unresponsive. ‘Probably unconscious, but wait wouldn’t that mean she wouldn’t be wheezing too?’. Cole at that moment realized that with the nanobots inside her he could check on her vitals. She pushed herself so far to exhaustion that her body was no longer capable of getting oxygen to her limbs without some serious help. Rainbow stopped wheezing and then went limp. ‘SHIT!’

Cole rushed back to the cloud home which was the closest thing to them. There he had constructed small silos for the nanobots to reside in while he was out doing whatever. There was enough back home for him to give them a new assignment of ‘purifying the air of pollution’ and they started clearing the air around Rainbow’s bed of nothing but oxygen. Cole speeding into the house dived into the aura with Rainbow and she with each breathe she started to get better until she was sleeping rather than a ‘fucking coma.’. Cole didn’t leave her side for the rest of the day. Without Rainbow knowing it Cole even formed a knife with the swarm armor, and made a small cut in the back of Rainbow’s neck so he could get more nanobots into her system to regulate breathing. They bypassed her semiconscious mind and her more primal instincts of wheezing with the swarm that now controlled her brainwaves. Despite her bodies uncontrollable urge to wheeze the nanobots manage to make her breathe very heavily. Since never working on a pony before they needed time to adjust properly and within minutes the swarm saved Rainbow’s life. Cole remained at her side for the rest of day and into the night.

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

“Yea Rainbow don’t move too much. You’re life depends on it at the moment.”

“What *cough* do you mean?” Rainbow didn’t feel good and she knew why. But she had no idea how close to death she currently is. She can’t survive with breathing on her own and the swarm patches are collecting the oxygen near her.

“You need medical attention and I’m giving it to you. Just trust me on this ok?”

“Umm…Sure…” Rainbow stays in her bed admiring the beautiful dancing light show around her. “Hey Cole?”

“Hmm?”

“What are those?”

“The Swarm. They dance around us to save you.”

“Save me? But I don’t need saving.”

“No you just don’t feel it yet. Once there gone you will know why they dance around us. Now that I know you’re ok I’m off to explore. Let them dance and entertain you. You’ll realize that even though they are machines, they do have a personality of there own.”

“What do you mean? Can they talk?”

“No…” Cole seems distant “But they are known for expressing themselves.”

Cole teleports away. ‘He’s probably off on an adventure…Just like the fastest flier in Equestria should.’ Thought Rainbow Dash still a little pissed off. Rainbow gets up and makes her way to the edge of the bed and steps out of the light blue aura. The pain inside her chest begins to climax as she goes into a coughing fit and then starts to wheeze. Rainbow is panicking and trying to find air to no avail and she tries to make her way back to bed. Only being held back by cramps she never noticed before and muscles that were so exhausted she couldn’t hold up her own body weight. She collapses on the floor and the burning in her wings felt like an uncontrollable inferno. ‘Is this how I’m going to die? In my own home and NOT the fastest flier in Equestria!’. Then suddenly it became easy to find her breathe again, not only that but the inferno seemed to be extinguished almost instantly. She looks around and noticed that Cole’s ‘Swarm’ that was hugging the bed adjusted to include Rainbow who was sprawled on the floor. ‘Did…did it save me?’ Rainbow thought to herself. ‘Did the swarm…come to my rescue?’. Rainbow begins to get back into bed. She notices that the Swarm that danced around her seemed to follow her every movement as if wrapping her in a protective bubble.

“A-are you guys…” She stopped realizing how silly it must be for her to be talking to light blue mist. But then again the mist did move to help her when she needed it. “Did you guys save me?” The swarm seemed to be still for a moment as if it were to respond in some way. Or maybe that was its way to respond. Rainbow couldn’t tell but she did feel thankful that the swarm saved her. She then rested on the bed for a few minutes before she realized she was hungry.

“Hey can you guys follow me to the fridge? I need something to eat.” Rainbow moves to get up out of bed and goes over to the fridge. She pulls out an apple and some carrots. She didn’t really care for making dinner because she didn’t feel quite right yet. And she doesn’t really care for cooking anyway since she was bad at it. After finishing her food she grabs punch and drinks a cup. Then she heads back to bed before feeling the urge to spread her wings for a moment. As she does this the mist begins to weave between her lower wing feathers and the sensation was…Amazing. Rainbow caught herself moan then looked around the room felling a bit embarrassed that she did that.

The rest of the night was quiet…For her at least. Cole on the other hand was out hunting.

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Cole had enough. He’s been eating plants for a few days now and he never realized how much he depended on meat until he got the taste of Rainbow’s blood. He had the strangest urge to eat her when he did that and could only stop himself because of his morals. He had to find food and it was in the Everfree forest that he would go to hunt for it.

Cole used what nanobots he had with him to create scouts to sense the forest around him. He avoided all manners of predators and carnivorous plants so he wouldn’t end up becoming a prey item. Then he found a specific animal that he was sure he saw in the first episode of MLP. A manticore. Cole felt like eating something and right now being the only creature with enough meat to sustain him for a good while. ‘Know what…TIME FOR THE FUCKING HUNT!’

Cole goes high up into the trees and he forms a knife again. He waits for the Manticore to come closer before he rocket jumps into the air and slams the knife into the skull of the creature. ‘Clean kill.’ Cole then carries the manticore back to Rainbow’s Cloud home before realizing that she probably have a fit with Cole bringing that into her house. And with her being exhausted and technically out of commission she probably could receive damage from her rage. ‘I think?’ Cole decides to stash the body somewhere away from the ponies in the forest. Though he would bring back the paw back to eat. He dug a hole for the body to be placed and before he put it in the lined it with a tomb of nanobots that protected it from decaying and being eaten by worms. After he settled it down nicely into the ground he buried it and started back down the path to Ponyville. His full suit of armor made him feel quite safe from all the outside threats. Though Cole was aware that it technically was still light armor. Nanobots are good protection but when it comes to something solid you want platinum plating to keep those bullets and tribal spears from scratching you. Cole now jumps into the air and flies back to the cloud home instead of walking. It was faster.

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Cole cooks the meat and eats it in Rainbow’s home. The smell of it seemed to make her move around a lot in her sleep. Eventually she woke up and looked around the room.

“What is that smell?” She cringes at the stench.

“Hmm? Oh you mean the meat?”

“WHAT? *cough* what meat?”

“I was hungry.” Rainbow looks in horror. She can’t make out the limb Cole has in his hand. It was small enough to be a hoof. But Cole finished it already and he was now holding a bone.

“W-where’d you get it?”

“Forest.”

“What animal?”

“Don’t know. It looked like a lion scorpion mix of some sort.”

“Oh that’s a manticore…You know you could have gone to the hospital and asked for an order of a liver or something.”

“Wait what?”

“Yea in Equestria we have griffons and some ponies allow their organs to be donated for them to eat. They also eat fish too. You could have just gotten an order for an organ rather than go out and hunt. It’s illegal here.”

“WAIT THEN WHY DID PONIES BACK AWAY FROM ME WHEN I SAID I ATE MEAT!”

“Well what I heard from Twilight is that ponies are afraid of you because you’re a meat eater from another world. So we don’t know how to react to that really. And now that you just proved you can hunt, ponies will be even more afraid of you.”

“Well its ok I hid the body so I can get more later.”

“Where?”

“Underground.”

“Ok…All right I won’t tell anyone about what happened.”

“Why not? I can handle myself if I need too. Besides I don’t need to worry about your laws. I’m awesome.”

“How can you not worry? You could be arrested!”

“Yea and then again I think it will be for the best. I mean I almost got you killed. I already hunted something. I even committed genoc-“ ‘shit she doesn’t know about my killing of that timber wolf pack’ “-I mean…Something else I’d rather not talk about it.”

Rainbow gives me a glare. “What…Did you do?” she said in a stern voice.

“I committed genocide against a pack a timber wolves…” Rainbow stares at Cole for a good thirty seconds.

“WHAT!”

“Yea…”

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

The next morning Rainbow was well enough to fly on her own again. She told Twilight about what Cole did and she went out to get him. She also had a sneaking suspicion that Cole was also a soldier because of his strategy knowledge and he mentioned to applejack something about mercenary. Twilight decided to finally go and confront Cole about the incident. Though before hand she sent a letter to the princess about Cole’s breaking of the law and the things he’s done. She notices him flying overhead just getting the layout of Ponyville.

“COLE!” Yelled Twilight sparkle. Cole teleported in front of her.

“Ne-“

“-AAAH!” Twilight jumps back.

“…Need anything?” Said Cole with an amused smile.

“Yes! Did you hunt!?” Ponies around them stopped what they were doing.

“Yea.” *gasps*

“B-but why? You could have ordered organs!”

“Well I didn’t know that I could do that at the time.”

“You could be arrested!”

“I don’t mind. I need some time alone to think of how to get back to my home anyway.”

“You broke the law and you don’t even care?”

“Nope.” There was a long silence while many ponies started discussing amongst themselves.

“The princess is going to hear about this! And she’s going to pass judgment on you!” She said in the most hostile tone she has ever used.

“That’s supposed to scare me Twilight Sparkle?”

Ponies dropped their conversations to listen again. Twilight’s mouth was practically on the ground. The princesses’ judgment didn’t scare this creature from another world? The highest authority doesn’t scare him… “Y-yea it was…”

“Well Twilight Sparkle I wasn’t expecting hostility to come from a majestic creature such as yourself.” Cole said politely, and then his gaze wonders to the ponies around him and then back to the lavender pony with eyes that could turn water to ice, and air to rain. “I hoped that our kind could live amongst each other in mutual understanding and peace. But obviously you would rather hold your social prejudice closer to heart than the need for peace.”

“WHAT! YOU THINK THAT I’M JUST IGNORENT?”

“Temper Twilight Sparkle. Go write a letter to the princess telling her of how ‘godless’ you can be.” (In the future godless means “Without mercy” it’s a metaphor.)

“G-godless?” Twilight seems genuinely confused.

“Really? YOU ARE GODLESS! BAHAHAHAHAHHAHAHA” Cole drops on his back and starts to roll around. Quite literally ROFLing.

“STOP THAT THIS IS SERIOUS! I’VE REPORTED YOU TO THE AUTHORITIES ALREADY!”

Cole slowly stops laughing. “Let the authority come. I’ve fought them before in the name of freedom and justice and I will fight them again, only to defend my honor.”

“Y-you’re an outlaw?” Twilight seemed genuinely shocked. She expected Cole to be lying about his origins and reasons for being here but an outlaw was taking it a bit far. “Wait so you’ve fought your own home land!”

“Only because the leader was starving the citizens because he wanted more food for the rich! I am the man of the free people. And I will tell you the story of how I came to that decision of fighting my superiors. Only in a more private setting and with Rainbow Dash present.”

“W-with Rainbow? But why?”

“Because I think she needs to hear the story too.”

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Twilight brings Cole to the library and they start to discuss more about their world leaders. Cole gave some specific details about the space wars and the more he told Twilight the more she was certain it was futile to restrain him. Everyone was there. Rainbow, Spike, Rarity, Fluttershy, Applejack, and Pinkie Pie.

Spike was first to ask a few questions. “So you fly a space ship! That’s so cool! What does it do?”

“The Trinity was known for eradicating populations. Its how it got its name as the bringer of atomic flame.”

“Whoa.”

“Enough spike!” Said the lavender unicorn again. “Now Cole tell me that story you said you would tell us.”

“Well all right.” Said Cole “It began a while ago when the rations where cut. I was living in a small village retiring from armed service. I was a general in the Soviet Alliance wars.” The ponies look to each other for an answer and finding none returned to Cole “We had no food for the village and we were all beginning to starve. Thankfully there was some livestock that we could buy and that kept us fed for a while…Then they stopped supplying us meat. We had little food and we were all beginning to starve. The only way we could survive was by killing a dog in the town…The dog was owned by a little girl named Jenny. We had to take the dog from her and kill it for food.” Applejack looked stunned. “We were so hungry it seemed the best option. It was too! We were able to live off those calories until the rations came our way again…But I will always remember us lying to her about how the dog ran off during our hunt for food…Believe me when I say it broke my heart when she asked us where ‘bud’ went. That lie tore me up inside and I just couldn’t take it. I decided to attack the soviet Convoy and liberated its rations to our village and the neighboring towns. People got inspired and started fighting back realizing that the soviet forces were incapable of fighting us all off. They had very powerful weapons but with our numbers it didn’t matter and we soon got a hold of them ourselves. We eventually won and making a secure new government for our people. Then the new guy we put in charge inspired us to take over the galaxy. We could do it too! That was the scary part. With the size of the rebel army we acquired we could own the universe. So we tried. And we lost. And then I was the new beacon of hope for my people.”

Applejack seemed on the verge of tears at the thought of being lied to about Winona’s death.

Twilight noticed something about the stories Cole was telling…They were all in the past. “Wait hold on Cole…The events you’re telling me about seem to be taking place hundreds of years apart. How could you be the general in each one?”

“What do you mean? My life span is large enough for me to live throughout those times.”

“How?”

“Well medication and life enhancing genetic engineering.”

“What?”

“Basically…I’m over 600 years old right now…Well exactly 631 years.”

“Like I’m going to believe that.”

“Twi.” Said Applejack. “He aint lyin’.” She said with a serious tone mixed with shock…

“B-but that’s not possible! That means he could live as long as the princesses!”

“Well I kinda am living as long as the princesses right now aren’t I?”