• Published 29th May 2015
  • 853 Views, 27 Comments

The Sirens and the Vampire - Merotik



What would you do if you found out your three best friends were dying? Morne? Cry? Pray? Well what if you had the chance to save them? Would you take it? One vampire has that chance, and he will not rest until he has saved the sirens.

  • ...
12
 27
 853

Snakes and Hostages

{Ready Starswirl!}

"Then lets begin" said Starswirl. He reached into a duffle bag placed behind him and extracted a set of fireworks. Using his magic, Starswirl lit the strings to the fireworks and placed it into position.

"Don't screw this up kid" muttered Starswirl.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Meanwhile, hiding behind a pile of snow twenty feet away from the campsite was a lone unicorn, watching the skies.

He had messy dark brown hair, light brown fur, and blue eyes. His cutie mark was a silhouette of a pony firing a death spell. He was smiling to himself, hardly controlling his excitement. This was a seventeen year old Draco.

He was watching the sky's, looking for the signal.

"Come on old man, come on! Fire the bucking signal!" Draco shout whispered.

Suddenly from out in the distance. A set of fire works ignited into the sky. All of the Rattlesnake members look to each other, then rushed off in the direction of the fire works.

"Ha ha! Suckers! They didn't even leave one member? HA! Their making this TOO easy! ALRIGHT!!! Lets do this ship!" said Draco, jumping from his hiding place.

He sprinted until he was five feet close to the campsite. Once there, he slowly and silently made his way to the cage. He observed his surrounding as he did so, making sure the Rattlesnakes were still preoccupied. Once seeing they were, Draco turned back to the cage. From within the cage, Draco could see all of the hostages huddled together. Most of them had little to no warm clothes. They were all shaking, and looked as if they hadn't eaten in days.

"Psst! Yo! Slave ponies!" whispered Draco.

Some of the ponies gasped and turned to the door. "A-are you here to save us?" asked one of the hostages.

"Pfft, save you? Naw, naw, I'm not here to save you. I'm here to kick ash, and chew bubblegum. Sadly doe, I'm all outa bubblegum . . . that and the mobos runnin this ship just fell for our diversion. So I thought I'd just walk around, stay warm by the fire, go see a play and- OF COURSE I'M HERE TO RESCUE YOU! WHY ELSE WOULD I BE IN THE MOUNTAINS IN THE MIDDLE OF WINTER!" Draco shouted.

"Well if your going to save us, you may want-

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Draco stopped explaining his story. All three Sirens had started laughing. Sonata in particular rolling on her back, clutching to her chest.

"HA! HA! HA! I can't breath! I can't breath!" laughed Sonata.

"What? Was it something I said?" asked Draco.

Adagio placed a hand to her mouth. "Oh its just, we all forgot that's how you used to talk".

Draco chuckled, realizing what had been funny. "Yes indeed, my style of communication was quite . . . inappropriate back then. But lets not forget, I was seventeen at the time".

Sonata slowly lifted herself from the ground, wiping a tear with one hand and clutching onto her chest with the other. "W-What does mobos mean?"

"Oh that? Well as you know that the language here is different then back in Equestria. Mofos here in this world is the slang word for, please excuse my language, "mother fuckers". Back in Equestria on the other hand is slang for, again please excuse my language, "mother buckers". Quite an indecent use of language I must say. I am honestly astonished that I had such inappropriate vocabulary back then".

"How come you don't talk like that anymore?" asked Aria, having just controlled her laughter.

"Well for the obvious reason of course! I don't want others giving the assumption that I'm some sort of ruffian. Walking about, swearing everywhere. Using such dirty slang words in my everyday vocabulary. No, no, no, absolutely not. I am a gentlemen, and gentlemen do not swear. Or at least, they don't unless they really need to, like showing three girls not to disobey orders" said Draco, raising his brow to the girls.

With the situation having just become awkward, all three Sirens tried to avoid making eye contact with Draco.

Draco chuckled, seeing the girls uncomfortable made him knew that he was right.

"But I guess the end result comes with age. I am one thousand and fifty five years old after all. Which actually makes me confused. Why do you girls have such childish behaviors with the age all of you possess?" asked Draco.

"Well Pfft! Duh! We don't wanna act like sophisticated old ladies just because we're old! That would be boring!" said Sonata.

"Ya, we don't wanna be as boring as you are" said Aria sarcastically.

"What? Boring!? I'll have you know I am quite interesting! I have a collection of rare and valuable stamps organized by the time it was created in! Isn't that exciting!" asked Draco, smiling excitedly at the Sirens. His smile fell when he saw all three girls having expressions that shouted "can you get any more boring?"

"Really? Stamps? That's what you did for fun in Italy?" asked Aria.

Draco crossed his arms and sighed. "Fine, fine. With the particular styles of interest you girls consider "fun". I guess my stamp collecting does seem rather mundane".

Aria groaned. "You even talk boring!"

Now this confused Draco. "What do you mean I "talk boring?" There is nothing boring about the way I speak!"

"Well what does "mundane" mean?" asked Aria, fingering quote signs when she said mundane.

"Mundane means boring" said Draco.

"Well why can't you just talk like a normal person and say boring!? Why do you have to talk like a robot and say "mundane?" asked Aria.

"I do not speak like a "robot!" And excuse me for having a broad range of vocabulary! I prefer to talk to others in the proper manner! Thank you very much!"

"Hey, can we get back to the story?" asked Sonata.

"Oh! Why yes, pardon me. I seem to have become distracted by Aria's rude behavior" said Draco.

"Robot" said Aria.

"Ruffian" said Draco.

"Old man!"

"Immature twit!"

"Guys!" said Adagio.

"Right, right! Sorry about that. Now where was I? Ah yes! I had just finish acting like a complete fool of myself in front of the hostages. One of the older hostages came close to me and said-"

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

"Well if your going to save us you may not want to go shouting about like an idiot!"

"Pfft, what ehvs" said Draco, waving a hoof. Draco turned back to the Rattlesnakes. Sure enough, they were still distracted. Draco smiled. "They really are making this too easy!" He turned back to the hostages, "all right! Stand back while ah gets this cage open!" Draco placed his horn against the lock and began using his magic to pick it.

"You better hurry sonny! Those six Rattlesnakes will come back soon!" said the older hostage.

"Relax gramps! I know what I'm . . . wait? Six Rattlesnakes? There's only five".

"I think you must be mistaken sonny. There are six Rattlesnakes, not five".

"Then where's the sixth?" asked Draco.

"Perhaps standing behind a unicorn who's about to meet his maker" said a voice behind Draco.

Draco turned and saw a large beefy earth pony wielding a giant hammer. Draco only had time to say "well buck me up the a-" before the pony slammed the hammer against Draco. He was thrown back five feet. Draco had little time to think, for the pony with the hammer was quick. He ran up to Draco and had the hammer swinging down for another attack.

Draco rolled aside, dodging the blow. Back on his hoofs, Draco charge a stun spell, one powerful enough to knock out a dragon. A stun spell this strong could kill a pony, but he didn't care. Draco had one thing set in mind: to buck this pony up as much as possible. "Come on tough guy, show Draco what you've got!"

The pony rushed forward, swinging his hammer down. Draco made a swift movement to the left, dodging his attack. No less then a second later, Draco jump up to the ponies head. He grabbed hold of the ponies neck, leaning back, and forcing the pony to fall. With the pony on the ground, Draco hopped onto his stomach and aimed his horn at his face.

"Your not very smart, are you?" asked Draco.

"Smart enough to know when to bring back up" said the pony.

"Hmm? What are you-" Draco froze. He turned his head left and saw the other five members, having returned from the diversion, now glaring angrily at Draco. " . . . Clever ditch" growled Draco. Draco jumped off the hammer pony, avoiding a spell shot by a Rattlesnake unicorn.

Draco ran to the center of the campsite, and kick the fire on the logs in the Rattlesnakes direction. Temporarily distracted by the logs, fire, and soot, Draco took this opportunity to run inside one of the tents and hide. As Draco tried to form a plan, he suddenly received a telepathic call.

{"Draco? Draco! What's going on? I heard someone fire a spell? Are you fighting down there?"}

'Crab, that's the old man' thought Draco. "Uh, there might have been a bit of a . . . change in plans. But I swear I gots this".

{"Jam it Draco! I said no fighting! Now the hostages are in danger!"} shouted Starswirl.

"Hey! You told me there were only five Rattlesnake members! Not six!" shouted Draco.

{"No, I specifically remember telling you there were six, not five"}

"Uh ya, no. I'm pretty sure I would have remembered you telling me there were six"

{"Oh really?"} asked Starswirl, sarcastically.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~Seven Hours Ago~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Starswirl walks up to Draco in the marketplace in Canterlot.

"Hey there kid, I heard that Celestia assigned you to work with me on tonight's mission".

"Ha! You know it! I'm am SO excited!" said Draco.

"Well don't forget, were going to be dealing with Rattlesnake cult members. Six members to be exact, so don't forget" said Starswirl.

"Ya, ya, don't worry about it old man. I'll remember".

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~Thirty Minutes Later~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Draco is eating a hay burger when Starswirl approaches.

"Hey there kid. Just came to remind you of our mission tonight".

Draco sighed. "You already told me once, you don't need to tell me again".

"Well I just want to make sure you don't forget. We're going to be saving hostages from six Rattlesnake cult members. Six. Not five, not seven, not ten. SIX! Understand?"

"Ya sure whatever. Now let me finish my burger!"

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~One hour later~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Draco is flirting with a mare next to an apple stand.

"And you know me. I'm the kind of stallion who really knows how to get the job done. I never rest until I've finished what needs to get done, no matter how hard it is!"

"Oh wow, you must be a really hard worker" said the mare.

"Well, ya, I guess I am. But every hard worker knows when to take a break every now and again. And since I'm on mine then I was thinking you and I can go and get some smoothies. How's that sound?"

"Oh I don't know, it seems a bit late for smoothies. But if you like you can come to my place and we can get some "dessert"

Draco internally cheered "SCORE!" "That sounds fine by me, why don't you lead the way".

The mares smile suddenly fell, and she glared at Draco angrily.

Draco looked at the mare with a confused expression. "Uh . . . what?"

The mares voice suddenly changed to one of an old aged stallion. "And you were doing so well"

"What!?!" shouted Draco.

There was a flash of light. When the light was gone, the mare was gone, replaced by Starswirl. "I thought I told you not to go after mares older then you. Or go after mares in general".

Draco gaped at Starswirl, stuttering. "B-but, y-you, I, you, I thought-"

"And why are you even trying to flirt with mares. Shouldn't you be getting ready for a mission".

"W-what! You tricked me into thinking I was about to get some just to remind me yet again about tonight's mission!?!"

"Why of course! You obviously have plenty of spare time on your hoofs to flirt with mares instead of preparing for the mission. So I thought I'd give you a reminder, so you don't forget" explained Starswirl.

" . . . . Jeez Starswirl, cod block much?" asked Draco, sarcastically.

"Kid, your too young to be doing that kind of thing anyway" said Starswirl.

"I'M SEVENTEEN!!!" shouted Draco.

Starswirl chuckled, "as I said, too young. Now don't forget. You and I are going to be saving some hostages tonight in the snowy mountains. There are six Rattlesnake members keeping them hostage. Six members, SIX! Understand?"

"I, bucking, got it, old, man! Now will you please, GET OUTA HERE!!!" shouted Draco.

"Just don't forget. Six members. Six" said Starswirl as he walked away.

Draco groaned. Suddenly he spotted another mare. He was about to walk to her, until he was stopped by Starswirl shouting, "SIX! MEMBERS!"

"I SAID I GOT IT!!!" Draco roared, spinning around. He sighed and turned back to the mare. Then face hoofed when he saw that he had scared her away.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~Forty Five Minutes Later~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Draco and Starswirl are bowing in front of princess Celestia.

"We will now be departing on our mission your highness" said Starswirl.

Celestia nodded approvingly. She then looked to Draco. "I hope you know what you are doing Draco. This is your first assignment, and I know how dangerous it can get. So I need you to tell me. Are you completely informed on the mission?"

"Of course your majesty. I know this mission like the back f my hoof!" bragged Draco.

Starswirl sighed, "that metaphor doesn't work in this scenario".

Celestia chuckled. "Well I just want to make sure you are well informed. Do not forget Draco, you are going to be saving hostages from six Rattlesnake members".

"Got it your highness! Six members!"

"That's right, six members. So do now forget, there will be-"

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~Present Time~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

"Six members, six members, six members, six members, six members"

The words echoed in Draco's mind as he remembered all of these events occurring not too long ago.

". . . . Nope! Don't remember you ever telling me this!" Draco lied.

Starswirl sighed. {"Well then, I guess it doesn't matter anymore since all of them now know what we're doing. So Draco I have a new plan and I need you to follow it to the letter! Got it!"}

"Ya sure". Suddenly, Draco heard the hoofsteps outside the tent he was in. "I think he's inside this one!" shouted one of the Rattlesnakes. "Uh, but could you give me that plan old man in like say, oh I don't know NOW!" Draco shout whispered.

Draco heard another sigh from Starswirl. {"Your making this more difficult then it needs to be. Alright here's the plan. You distract the Rattlesnakes and get them away from the campsite. While there distracted I'll come down there and get the hostages, understand?"}

"Wait hold up? I'm the distraction? Why don't you do it?" asked Draco.

{"Well let's see. Perhaps its because your already down there. Your the one who failed to break the hostages out with stealth. Oh and might I mention I'M IN CHARGE! AND YOU DO WHAT I SAY! GOT IT!"}

Draco placed his hoofs to his ears and flinched in pain. His ear drums were pounding with the amount of volume Starswirl had used. "Ya sure, whatever old man". At that moment, Draco saw a hoof enter the tent. "Gotta go old man!"

{"Draco don't mess this u-"} Draco cut the telepathic connection before he could finish. "Alright, here goes everything. I'd say nothing, but I'm young, sexy, and there's a city full of mares at home waiting to be banged!"

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

All three sirens froze and stared uncomfortably at Draco. Draco blushed and looked away.

"I-I was a pig when I was younger, alright. Don't judge me, I'm not like that anymore!" Draco looked back to the sirens and saw that their staring hadn't stopped.

"Y-you really said tha-"

"I was seventeen! Don't judge me!" Draco interrupted Aria. He sighed, "Would you please stop staring at me like that, your making me uncomfortable".

"You just made us uncomfortable" said Adagio.

"I was seventeen! I was different back then! Let's not forget the way you three acted back then!"

"Hey none of us were horny pigs! . . . Well Aria more or less" said Adagio.

"Hey! I was not-"

"What about that night with you and Draco?" asked Sonata.

"WE AGREED NEVER TO TALK ABOUT THAT!!!" shouted Aria.

"Girls, girls! May I please finish the story?" asked Draco.

"I don't see what's the point in this story, why are you telling us this?" asked Adagio.

"Because it explains why they are such a threat, and that we-" Draco stopped, appearing to be searching for the right words.

"And that we have to what?" asked Adagio.

" . . . That we're most likely going to have to fight them" Draco finished.

All three girls looked at Draco with surprised expressions. "What!? But we already tried to fight them once! And obviously that didn't turn out so well! Why would we need to fight them again?" asked Aria.

"I said we might have to, and didn't say we defiantly will. But at this point were desperate. We have to get home before its too late" said Draco.

"Before what's too late? Before the portal closes again? Draco, there's Equestrian magic now, we can use that magic to force that portal open" said Adagio.

"No not that" said Draco.

"We'll what is it then? We've been gone for over one thousand years. I don't think we'll be too late for anything once we go home" said Adagio.

"IF we go home" said Aria.

Draco looked to each siren, a face of worry and confusion written on his face. "Y-you . . . don't know. None of you know what's happening to you, don't you?"

Now the sirens looked worried and confused. "Draco, what do you mean by that?" asked Adagio.

Draco facial features changed from worry, to sadness. "Girls I, I thought that all of you knew. Or at least had some sort of idea. I thought that's why you called me for help. Because you knew you were-" Draco stopped, and looked away.

"Draco, what were you going to say?" asked Adagio.

Draco didn't respond.

"Draco, please tell us? Is there something wrong with us?" asked Sonata.

Draco looked to Sonata. What She saw made her want to cry.

Draco had tears in his eyes. Something the sirens never see. Draco was a tough man. A gentleman, but tough. He is usually calm, mature, and very professional. But when push comes to shove, he can get very scary. He never shows any emotions of fear or sadness. He may feel it, but he tries to hide it. The only times that Draco had shown any of these emotions at all, is when Draco is placed in the worst possible situation. The absolute worse.

Draco has faced death before, but he never showed fear. He was never sad or scared when he himself faced death. The only times Draco had cried is when the situation became worse then desperate. He only cries when the fate of someone close to him has their life in danger. When someone he loves most and values deeply is placed in a situation of absolute life and death, and Draco cannot save them.

Draco has been with the sirens for over one thousand years. They are most certainly more then friends, they are family. They watch each others backs no matter what the situation is. When the Sirens are in danger, that is when Draco gets scared, that is when Draco shows fear.

Draco cries when the Sirens are going to die, and he has little to no chance of saving them.

They have only seen him do this twice before. But when they see him cry, they know the situation is worse then bad. No word can describe what situation they are currently in. A situation where they realize, they are in danger of dying.

All girls hearts stop as they see the tears in Draco's eyes.

Draco does nothing to hide his fear and sadness. The girls have to know.

They have to.

"I-I'm sorry. I am so, so sorry-"

"Draco, is something going to happen to us?" Adagio interrupted.

There was a pause, before Draco spoke. "Allow me to finish my story, then I'll explain-"

"NO DRACO! If there's something wrong with us then I want to know what it is right now!" Adagio shouted, tears forming in her eyes.

Draco looked to the other two sirens. Sonata also had tears, hers forming quicker then Adagio. Aria was holding back on tears, although it was obvious she was making an effort to do so. Aria was the toughest of the Sirens. Yet even she couldn't help but want to cry.

'No matter how tough you are, if you have a heart then you will still cry. Knowing that the one you love might just leave you forever. Whether by a new life, a change of life, or the end of a life' Draco thought to himself. He sighed, "alright girls, I'll tell you. I still need to explain my story so that you girls can know exactly what we are up against. But I will tell you what's happening, is that okay?"

All girls looked to each other, then nodded.

Draco took a deep breath, then said in a sad tone. "I'm sorry girls, I am so, so sorry. But all three of you are dying".

Adagio and Sonata were speechless. Aria barley managed to force herself to speak. "B-but how? We feel just fine?"

"Do you? Do you really feel fine? You haven't noticed any change of appearance, or change in strength or health?" asked Draco.

The Sirens response was "no".

"I guess it hasn't hit you physically yet. But as for appearance, its quite obvious its happening quicker then I thought it would"

"But what do you mean we're dying? How are we dying? What's wrong with the way we look!? And how are we dying anyway?"

"Isn't it obvious?" asked Draco.

None of the girls responded.

Draco sighed, then looked to the window. "What's wrong with your appearance is that you are finally showing your age. Something shouldn't happened to immortals. I don't know exactly what happened the night you fought with the elements. But whatever happened must have completely taken your siren powers away. Thus taking away your immortality".

"Our age is showing? You mean, we're starting to look . . . old?" asked Adagio.

Draco nodded, "indeed. You are over one thousand years old. The siren magic was keeping you alive. But now that its gone, all of your age is finally catching up to you. Your body is finally receiving one thousand years of age. Problem is, your human, and humans don't live that long. In short, without your siren magic, your age is catching up to you at an alarming speed. At this rate I'd say you'll be in your sixties in two months".

"So, this is all because we lost the battle of the bands?" asked Sonata.

"Indeed. You are dying of old age because you lost your Siren magic. That is why I must finish my story, so I can tell you why the Elements of Harmony are a threat. I don't know who these girls possessing the elements are. But I know one thing for certain.

The Elements of Harmony are the one who killed you. And I will make them pay".