• Published 29th May 2015
  • 852 Views, 27 Comments

The Sirens and the Vampire - Merotik



What would you do if you found out your three best friends were dying? Morne? Cry? Pray? Well what if you had the chance to save them? Would you take it? One vampire has that chance, and he will not rest until he has saved the sirens.

  • ...
12
 27
 852

The Aftermath

It was late into the night in the city of Equestria. Most people were asleep by this hour. Those who were still awake were most likely attending the battle of the bands taking place at Canterlot high. Most high school students were attending the battle of the bands, except for three girls who were running in the opposite direction of the competition.

These three girls ran through the streets of Equestria, and didn't stop running until they were a far distance away from the school. Hiding in an alleyway, the three girls stopped to catch their breath.

One girl had blue skin and blue stripped hair placed in a pony tail. The second girl had purple skin and purple and green hair placed in a twin tail. The third girl had light orange skin and orangey yellow hair placed in a fluff.

Once the girls caught their breath, the girl with the twin tails spoke.

"Great, just great! Now what are we gonna do? Without our magic were completely powerless!"

"Yes Aria, I know!" said the girl with the fluff.

"Well it might not be all that bad. At least that Equestrian magic didn't kill us!" said the girl with the pony tail happily.

"It might as well have killed us! Without our magic we're just a bunch of normal humans! We can get hurt, sick, and even die now!" said the girl with the fluff.

"Oh . . . yeah, that sounds bad" said the girl with the pony tail.

"Naw, you think?" said Aria, sarcastically.

Suddenly, the girl with the fluff kicked a nearby trashcan with a loud crash. "Damn it! That was our only way back to Equestria! We can't go back without our magic! We waited all these years for nothing!"

The girl with the pony tail placed a hand on her shoulder. "Aw come on Adagio, don't give up. We've been through WAY worse situations then this. Remember world war one? And world war two? Now that was awful".

"We were able to survive because of our magic stupid. Now that we don't have it I doubt we'll survive much longer" said Aria.

"Well we didn't survive on JUST magic. We had help . . . OH! I got it! Why don't we ask him for help! He'll know what to do!" said the girl with the pony tail, excitedly.

Adagio sighed, "Sonata, he's not coming back and you know it. He's been gone for over a hundred years, what makes you think he'll come back now?"

"Well there has been a bunch of Equestrian magic here lately, he might want to come back for that" Sonata suggested.

"You know, as much as I hate agreeing with Sonata, she's got a point. Ya sure he's been gone for a hundred years, but knowing him I bet he's gonna find out about this sooner or later. And when he does, he might come back" said Aria.

"But he left us! We tried to contact him but he hasn't replied after all these years! Even if he does come back that won't shake the fact that he lied to us about him returning! One minute he says "I'm am honest guy, I would never lie to you!", and the next thing you know it he's ditching his only Equestrian friends for the past eighteen years! Yeah, honesty my ass!" Adagio complained.

"Speaking of honesty, if he does come back do you think he's gonna notice a certain someone teamed up with the wrong side?" asked Sonata.

"Oh if were LUCKY he won't notice. But I'm sure he'll notice, its because of her he stayed in Italy after all. I'll bet he'll recognize her the moment he see's her" said Adagio.

"Well, what are we gonna do? We can't just do nothing! We have no magic, no immortality, and our only other Equestrian friend is not only unreachable, but has too many problems here in Equestria!" Aria exclaimed.

"Your right. If we don't contact him then were on our own, forced to live the rest of our lives as normal humans. But if we do reach him, sure enough there's gonna be some drama. Especially with that cow girl being part of the elements. Hmmm . . ." Adagio paced for a few minutes, before forming a plan. "Alright, here's the plan. Its not a great plan but its all we really have at the moment. Knowing Draco he's gonna find out about this very soon, and your right, he is gonna want to investigate. So what were gonna do is try to live normal human lives until he gets here".

Aria gave Adagio a surprised expression. "What! Didn't I just say we can't just sit around doing nothing! If we sit on our ass's waiting for Draco to come, then were basically doing nothing! What are we gonna do about food? And water?"

"And tacos!?" Sonata suddenly shouted.

"Ya . . . that too" said Aria, annoyed.

"We'll have to get jobs, nothing permanent, just something that can help provide us with food and water until Draco gets here" said Adagio.

Aria's expression changed from surprised, too angry. "Jobs!? Uh, ya, no. I am NOT getting a job!"

"Well what's wrong with getting a job? I've had lots of jobs!" said Sonata.

"We'll unlike you I actually enjoy spending my day relaxing, instead of having to run around being forced to something I don't want to" said Aria.

"Well that's just too bad. Cause if you want to eat, your gonna need a job, got it!" said Adagio, sternly.

Aria groaned, "fine! I'll get a stupid job".

"Alright, then its settled then. We'll live normal human lives until Draco gets here" said Adagio.

"But how long will that take? We haven't seen him in over eighteen years!" said Sonata.

"We'll just have to hope he comes soon. But damn! I'm gonna hate seeing his smug "I told you so face" when he gets here" Adagio complained.

"We'll he did warn us not to do anything dangerous, or stupid. And he said if Equestrian magic returns then we need to contact him and not face it alone" said Sonata.

"Well its his fault for not letting us contact him!" said Adagio, angrily.

"I just hate how he's our only help now. I still think we can handle things just fine on our own. We don't need that stupid blood sucker returning" Aria complained.

"Aw Aria, are you saying that just because your still embarrassed about that "special night" you too had together" said Sonata, giving Aria a devious grin.

Aria blushed, "shut up! I told you never to speak of that again! And besides, nothing happened that night anyways".

Sonata wasn't convinced. "Uh huh, sure. You never want me to speak of a night where nothing ever happened, that makes sense" she said sarcastically.

"Why you!-"

"Shut up! Both of you!" Adagio shouted. She was in no mood to hear of the twos bickering, especially with how her night just went.

Suddenly, thunder could be heard overhead.

"Sounds like its gonna rain soon. Lets just get home already, we'll look for jobs in the morning" said Adagio.

"Okay!" said Sonata, enthusiastically.

"Whatever" Aria complained.

Not wanting to stay in the rain, the three girls ran home as fast as they could.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~MEAN WHILE IN ITALY~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
A maid knocked on a large dark brown door three times.

"Come in" said a calm voice from within the room.

The maid entered, caring a tray full of tea and cakes. "I have your tea Mister Dracula sir", the maid said nervously.

The room was dark, the only light available was the full moons rays shining through a window with its curtains pushed aside.

"Mrs. Clover Field, I've told you before that that's not my real name. That's the name that these humans made up in legends", said a dark figure sitting with his back turned to the maid.

"My apologies sir, I always seem to call you by the wrong name" said Mrs. Clover Field.

"Quite understandable, but do try to remember this time. My name is Draco, Draco Santino Jack. Its stupid, yet humorous how you tell these humans that your name is "Draco" and they some how turn that to "Dracula". I guess Draco didn't seem terrifying enough for a vampire. Not that I am one, well maybe in their eyes, but in reality I'm not" said Draco.

"Yes I see. Thank you for reminding me of your name Sir Draco" said Mrs. Clover Field.

"And thank you for the Tea" said Draco.

The maid was about to leave before she remembered something. "Oh and that reminds me, you received a letter".

"From whom?" asked Draco as he sipped his tea.

"I don't know, the letter says sirens on it, but I'm not sure who that is" said Mrs. Clover Field.

"Sirens? Odd, they haven't contacted me in over eighteen years. Its about time they said something, may I have the letter?" asked Draco.

"Of course sir" said Mrs. Clover Field, as she handed Draco the letter.

Draco opened the letter and read its contents. Five seconds after reading, Draco stood to his feet, spilling his tea to the floor.

"Sir! Your tea!" said Mrs. Clover Field.

"Never mind the tea! I need to leave right away!" said Draco.

"What!? Where are you going in such a rush?" asked Mrs. Clover Field.

Draco ran to a corner of the room and grabbed a coat hanging off the edge of a dresser. He placed a fedora on his head and ran to the door.

"Where are you going Sir Draco?" asked Mrs. Clover Field.

Draco turned to Mrs. Clover Field and placed a small bag in the palm of her hand.

"Inside this bag is treasure from the eighteen hundreds, its worth over millions of dollars. Go get yourself a vacation, and have fun with your family" said Draco.

Mrs. Clover Field was in disbelief. "Treasure? You can't be serious sir!"

"Dead serious, you've been a good maid, and a great friend. I don't think I'll be returning. So as a gift, I want you to have this" said Draco. He came close to Mrs. Clover Field, giving her a hug. "You are one of the few people who understand me" said Draco as he released his former maid.

"But where are you going sir? Does this have to do with whatever was in that letter?" asked Mrs. Clover Field.

"All you need to know is that I have three very stupid friends who just did the complete opposite of what I told them to do. So now I need to leave and clean their mess up. Don't worry about me, your holding a million dollars in your hand. Use it to make your life and your families life better" said Draco. Draco placed a kiss on Mrs. Clover Fields forehead, then turned to leave.

"Will I ever see you again?" asked Mrs. Clover Field, blushing from the kiss.

"Most likely not, I'm sorry Mrs. Clover Field, but this is indeed goodbye" said Draco.

He walked down the hall to his front door. Before leaving, Draco turned to his former maid for the last time. "Farewell Mrs. Clover Field, I'm so glad I had the pleasure of meeting you".

"As with you Draco. But do please be careful, I know how hard your life's been, I don't want you to have to suffer any longer" said Mrs. Clover Field.

"Don't worry, I have a feeling my sufferings finally coming to an end" said Draco, smiling.

"Goodbye Draco" said Mrs. Clover Field.

"Goodbye Mary Clover Field, may a happy life be blessed upon you" said Draco.

With that Draco shut the front door and left.