• Published 29th May 2015
  • 853 Views, 27 Comments

The Sirens and the Vampire - Merotik



What would you do if you found out your three best friends were dying? Morne? Cry? Pray? Well what if you had the chance to save them? Would you take it? One vampire has that chance, and he will not rest until he has saved the sirens.

  • ...
12
 27
 853

The Reunion

Three months had passed since the battle of the bands.

Adagio was currently walking down a side walk with an armful of groceries. She groaned as she came close to her apartment.

'Finally! Home at last! I swear if I ever get home to Equestria I am NEVER working at a day care center! Those stupid little brats got me chasing after them all day. Its their fault I have back pain!' thought Adagio.

As Adagio came close to the door, she could hear her sisters shouting from within the apartment.

'Great, wonder what's got them worked up this time' thought Adagio.

She gently placed one of the grocery bags down and reached into her pocket. She pulled out a set of keys and unlocked the apartment door. After returning her keys to her pocket she picked up the grocery bag and entered into the apartment. The volume of her sisters argument increased as she opened the door.

"It was right here Aria! I know you moved it!" shouted Sonata from the kitchen.

"I didn't move your stupid taco meat!" shouted Aria from the living room.

"What are you two shouting about this time?" asked Adagio, as she closed and locked the front door.

Sonata poked her head around the kitchen corner after hearing the sudden appearance of a new voice. "Adagio! Your home!" shouted Sonata. She ran from the kitchen to Adagio and gave her sister a strong hug.

"Hey careful! I have eggs here!" said Adagio.

Sonata released Adagio and pointed at Aria. "Aria stole the taco meat!"

Aria face palmed. "For the last time I didn't steal your stupid taco meat!"

"Then where is it huh? I placed it in the back of the fridge to keep it safe and now its gone! Adagio was at work so your the only one who could have taken it since your on your day off!" said Sonata.

"What would I have possibly done with your taco meat?" asked Aria.

"Uh duh! You would have eaten it!" said Sonata.

"That's like five pounds of taco meat! Your saying that on my day off I stole your taco meat and ate all five pounds of it!" shouted Aria.

Sonata nodded, "mmmhmm! You stole it then ate all of it! How could you! You know how much I love tacos!"

"Will you two stop fighting and help me with these already!" said Adagio.

Sonata took two of the bags from Adagio. The two sisters walked to the kitchen and began placing all of the various groceries in there proper place. Once that was finished, Adagio turned to Sonata, giving her an angry glare.

Sonata had been staring at her the entire time they were putting the groceries away.

"What!" shouted Adagio.

"Aren't you going to do something?" asked Sonata.

"What? About your taco meat?" asked Adagio.

Sonata nodded.

"Sonata its just taco meat. If we ran out we'll just go get more. I doubt Aria actually stole your taco meat" said Adagio.

Adagio was about to walk away before Sonata placed a hand to her shoulder. Adagio turned and froze.

Sonata was staring at her with pleading puppy eyes that glistened with tears. "P-Please Adagio" begged Sonata in a childish tone.

Adagio sighed. 'I hate it when she gives me that look', she thought to herself before giving in. "Fine, Aria will you please come here?"

Aria entered the kitchen and groaned when she saw Sonata. "She gave you the puppy face because of the tacos, didn't she?"

"Just give it to me straight, did you steal the taco meat?" asked Adagio.

"No! For the one millionth time! NO! I! DID! NOT! STEAL! YOUR! TACO! MEAT!" shouted Aria.

"Then what happened to it huh?" asked Sonata.

"I don't know! If you want more taco meat then just go buy some more!" shouted Aria.

"I don't know Aria, if I bought high quality taco meat and found it disappeared I'd be pretty mad too" said a voice from the living room.

"Exactly! What he said!" shouted Sonata. Having felt that she won the argument, Sonata smiled happily to herself. Her smile faltered as she looked to her sisters. Both had frozen and had terrified looks plastered on their faces.

"What? . . . What's wrong?" asked Sonata, oblivious to the situation.

"Who the hell is in our apartment?" asked Aria in a small whisper. Slowly she crept her head around the corner. She gasped after discovering who their intruder was. "You!" she shouted.

"Well hello to you too" said the voice, a bit annoyed.

"Wait, I know that voice" said Adagio. She ran past Aria only to stop in her tracks once she was in the living room.

There on the sofa sat a tall thin man. He had flat shaggy white hair, pale skin, and piercing red eyes. He wore a crimson red coat, black pants, black and white metal (the fashion, not literal metal) boots, a black dress vest, white button up shirt underneath the vest, crimson red tie, and a crimson red fedora with a black string lace. He had a gold pocket watch with its chain hanging out one pocket and a bag of taco meat in his left hand. Despite his rather gothic attire, he bore a calming facial expression of absolute kindness.

"You!" said Adagio.

"Now is that really how you say hello? Or is it one of those new trends that the kids are getting into?" asked the man.

Both girls froze and gawked at the man.

Sonata entered the room and gasped as she saw the man. "Draco!" she shouted. Sonata ran and pounced on Draco, giving him a hug.

"Now this is how you say hello, how are you doing kiddo!" said Draco happily, as he hugged Sonata back.

"I missed you Draco!" said Sonata, releasing Draco.

"I've missed you too kid, oh hey! I got you something!" said Draco. He reached behind the sofa and pulled out three gift bags. He handed one to Sonata, then looked to the others. "Are you gonna stand there gawking at me? Or are you gonna give your guardian a proper hello?"

This woke Aria up. "What! Guardian? Hell no! You aren't our guardian! We are old enough to take care of ourselves now thank you very much!"

"Oh really, cause last time I recall you three were begging me to watch over you" said Draco with a smug.

"That was one thousand years ago! We were kids at the time!" shouted Aria.

Draco chuckled, "calm down. I understand you girls are full grown adults now. But no matter how old you get I'll still be your guardian and you'll still be my little trouble makers".

Sonata gasped, "are you finally calling us your kids?"

"Whoa whoa whoa! Easy there, I said my little trouble makers, not kids. I'm never calling you that. You three are my friends, and I'll watch over you. But calling you my kids would be . . . well . . . weird" said Draco.

"Yeah, especially since you made out with Aria" said Sonata, snickering.

Aria blushed, "I told you to never speak of that again!"

Draco chuckled, then turned to Adagio (who was still gawking at Draco). "Earth to Adagio, you Okay?"

Adagio awoke from her trance. Suddenly, she walked over to Draco and slapped him across the face. Sonata gasped and clasped her hands to her mouth. Aria just stared with her jaw dropped.

Draco placed his hand to the fresh hand shaped imprint on his left cheek. ". . . . Ow" he said slowly.

"And where the HELL HAVE YOU BEEN THE PAST EIGHTEEN YEARS!?!" Adagio shouted.

"If you wanted me back so bad why didn't you send a letter?" asked Draco, giving Adagio a confused expression.

"WE DID SEND A LETTER! MANY LETTERS!!!"

"Really? Cause I've only received one. And that was when you sent me a letter asking for help" said Draco. He reached into his pocket and pulled out the letter Mrs. Clover Field had given him.

"We sent you more then one letter, but stopped when you weren't answering any of them" said Sonata.

"But I've only gotten one-"

"Don't lie to me Draco! We sent you a ton of letters! And you didn't answer any of them!" shouted Adagio.

"Well then how come I haven't received any of them?" asked Draco.

"Well, you . . . wait, you really haven't gotten any of our letters?" asked Adagio.

"Adagio, we've known each other for over one thousand years. Would I lie to you? Better yet, do I lie at all?" asked Draco.

Adagio thought for a moment, then softly replied, "no I guess not". But that still doesn't explain what happened to all the letters".

"Good point, lets find out shall we. Now, who did you send to deliver the letters?" asked Draco.

The sirens thought for a moment, before Aria responded. "We usually had Sonata deliver the letters".

"Okay, now". Draco turned to Sonata, "Sonata, did you send the letters to the right place?"

Sonata nodded, "yup! I delivered the letters to the post office!"

"But did you send the right letters?" asked Draco.

"Well duh! Of course I did silly! I'm not stupid! I sent the light red letters just like Adagio said" said Sonata.

"Wait, light red letters? What do you mean light red letters?" asked Adagio.

"Does it matter what color the letter is?" asked Draco.

"Well we would usually send the letters monthly, on the same day we would deliver other letters. To make sure we didn't accidently send your letter to the wrong place I would place it in a red envelope and keep it separated from the rest of the letters" explained Adagio.

"You contact other people with letters?" asked Draco.

"No, its usually like ads or special prescriptions, stuff like that. Sometimes you have to send a letter monthly to receive stuff" explained Aria.

"Okay so why did it surprise you when Sonata said she sent a light red letter?" asked Draco.

"Cause I didn't ask her to send a light red letter, I ask her to send the red letter!" said Adagio. She turned to Sonata, "Sonata, what letters have you been sending?"

"I told you, the light red one" said Sonata.

"Sonata, we color coded all the letters to make sure none of them went to the wrong place. There never was a light red!" said Adagio, slowly becoming angry.

"Ya there was. There was a light red and a dark red" said Sonata.

"Did the dark red happen to look like the same color that Dracos wearing?" asked Adagio.

Sonata nodded.

Adagio sighed, "Sonata, go get the light red envelope and come show it to me".

Sonata nodded and left to the kitchen. She returned a few minutes later with an envelope in her hand. "Here you go! One light red letter!"

Adagio stared at Sonata with a face of disbelief for a few moments, before face palming.

Sonata frowned, "what's wrong? You don't like the color?"

Adagio took a slow intake of breath before speaking to Sonata. The tone of her voice made it clear that she was trying to hold back on her anger. "Sonata, you do realize that we only had one red envelope that was meant for Draco, right? Not two".

"But we had two red envelopes, a light red and a dark red" said Sonata, looking at her sister with a confused expression.

"No Sonata, we had only one. The dark red is a crimson red that was meant for Draco. We put all of the letters inside that one and I told you to deliver that one. Not this envelope. The envelope you are holding is not red!" said Adagio, clenching her teeth at the last few words.

"But if this isn't light red, then what is it?" asked Sonata.

". . . Pink Sonata. You, are, holding, PINK!!! NOT RED!!!" Adagio shouted.

Sonata looked to the envelope, then to Adagio, then back to the letter. "Ohhhhh, this is pink! That makes sense!"

Adagio face palmed again, this time leaving a mark.

"So uh . . . what exactly was in the pink envelopes?" asked Draco.

"Those were my letters that I was sending to try and buy stuff! No wonder I wasn't getting any of my products!" said Aria.

"Oh! I was wondering why I was receiving money monthly! That makes sense!" said Draco.

Aria turned to Sonata. "Wow Sonata, I knew you were dumb, but this goes WAY beyond your usual level of stupidity".

Sonata didn't respond. She was staring at the envelope with a crestfallen expression. "I'm sorry, I guess its my fault we haven't spoken to you in eighteen years. Its also my fault that Adagio got mad at you and called you a liar. Your right Aria, I really am stupid". Tears were beginning to form in Sonatas eyes.

Draco rose from the sofa and hugged Sonata, bringing her head to his chest. "Hey, hey, hey, come now kiddo. It wasn't your fault, anyone could have made that mistake. Pink and red do look really similar, I bet I would have made the same mistake if I was in your shoes".

"Your just saying that" said Sonata.

"Your right, I am just saying that. I can't actually be in your shoes, it never fit. Adagio on the other hand has big enough feet, I should fit her shoes just fine!" said Draco, jokingly.

"Hey! What are you trying to say!?" said Adagio.

Sonata chuckled.

"Listen, we all make mistakes. Some bigger then others. But that's good, the bigger mistakes are better. Because the bigger mistakes have bigger lessons! As long as we learn from our mistakes then everything will be fine in the end. A big mistake is just a big lesson, but with more drama and less boring teachers. Ya you sent the wrong letters, big mistake. But did you learn anything?" asked Draco.

"I learned my colors" said Sonata.

"Ya sure, but anything else?" asked Draco.

Sonata thought for a moment before responding. "I learned that you aren't a liar. And that its okay to make mistakes".

"That's good, but one last thing" said Draco.

"I don't know, what is it?" asked Sonata.

Draco looked down and into Sonata eyes. "You three probably felt that I abandoned your for the last eighteen years. Well now you know that I didn't. And no matter how far I am, no matter how long I've been gone, no matter what the situation is. You three are my friends, my best friends, and I will always, ALWAYS! Be here for you. No matter what". Draco tightened his hug onto Sonata, causing her to smile. "I will always be here for you".

Adagio looked away from Draco, hiding her shame. 'He's right, he's always been there for us. How could I accuse him of abandoning us?' she thought to herself.

"And I do believe someone owes you an apology" said Draco, glaring at Aria.

Aria sighed and said with less then motivated tone, "sorry Sonata for calling you stupid"

"That's okay, I guess my mistake was a little stupid" said Sonata.

Draco released his hug from Sonata and sat back onto the sofa. "Great! Now we know what happened to the letters and we got to learn a lesson about making mistakes. Oh! And speaking of mistakes". Draco's calm and kind personality suddenly changed to a dark, angry, serious one. His voice also became slightly deeper.

"WHAT THE HELL HAVE YOU THREE BEEN DOING WHILE I WAS GONE!!!"

Author's Note:

Unedited chapter, sorry. Anonymous (my editor) is busy.