• Published 15th Apr 2015
  • 2,287 Views, 93 Comments

School! Flying! Falling! Goofing! - Lazydrill



Last school year, what could possibly happen now what didn't happen in the past few years? Life can be kind, or rude, depending on its mood!

  • ...
9
 93
 2,287

Ch. 29 Something that's better to remember.

Opening the school door, you shook your coat as the fresh air of the outside brushed through your fur and feathers. You let the door fall close behind you as you went down the school steps, taking a look around the schoolyard, you noticed a rainbow maned mare laying on the fountain's edge, reading what seemed to be a comic. Curious to what she was reading you made your way over to her.

She was truly immersed in her comic, she occasionally seemed to move left and right as if she was evading something, her tail swishing with her movements. She didn't notice you walking closer, and you kept closing the gap until you could read the name on the cover with ease, which meant standing right next to her; Daring Do: Sapphire Stone. You distinctively remembered that one, you had the same one back at home in your nightstand drawer with the rest of the Daring series.

Rainbow turned a page when you spoke up, "I didn't know you enjoyed reading Daring Do, Rainbow." Her comic was thrown in the air and a cry of surprise made your ears fold against your head as she jumped from the fountain.

"STATIC! Don't creep up on me like that! You scared my feathers off of me!" Rainbow landed on the side again and folded her wings, one of her hooves on her chest. She took a few breaths to calm down, before grabbing her comic and putting it in her saddlebag. "What are you even doing here?" She asked as she hopped down from the fountain, her mane swishing with in her ponytail style.

"Well, I was about to go home, until I saw you reading Daring Do. From the school entrance I couldn't see that it was Daring at first, but I saw it when I got close... I was curious he-he..." you said with slight embarrassment.

Rainbow rolled her eyes, "Obviously." She stretched in front of you, her wings spreading fully before folding back again. "Anyway, I need to wait here for a bit, so I was reading to pass the time."

You raised an eyebrow at that, "Waiting here, for what? Wouldn't you rather want to try and wait at the new hayshake store? I heard it was very good, I wanted to try it today but I'm grounded."

"I heard that in class, that sucks." She narrowed her eyes a bit at you and got closer, "That's what you get for endangering your friends like that. If you weren't punished by your parents I would have made you regret doing something to your friend like that."

You took a step back and narrowed your eyes, mimicking her stance. Why did she push it so much? You regretted what happened to Lucky, and you tried your best to save her at the time. "Calm down Rainbow Dash, I told Lucky already that I was sorry! I didn't mean to cause what happened!"

Rainbow got close to your face, going as far as making herself as tall as she could on all four to get at eye level, "Calm down? Lucky could have been seriously injured, or worse, died! You think just by apologizing everything would be fine again?!"

You growled under your breath, "What do you want me to do then! Bowing down on all fours and begging her to forgive me everyday for being a featherbrain that time!?"

The cyan mare huffed heavily and took a step away from you, "That would be a good start." She ruffled her feathers, "I'm not going to argue, I don't want to waste my time that way. Bottomline is, NEVER put your friends in possible danger in any way, for any reason!"

You had your eyes narrowed at her, what did she know about putting friends in dangerous situations? And what made her the pony to lecture you about it? "What do you know of putting friends in danger, huh? Done it yourself a few times probably if you know it so well."

Rainbow only spared you a narrowed gaze and some unnerving words, "More than I should have. And not a day goes by that I don't regret those times." She turned her head away from you, not meeting your eyes.

You were taken aback by her words, your narrowed eyes making place for a questioning gaze, "What do you mean? What happened?"

"Who is this, Rainbow? Is he bothering you?" A deeper voice than yours spoke from behind you. "Is he one of those bullies you told me about?"

You looked over your shoulder to a big pegasi stallion walking to the two of you. He had magenta eyes, a dark blue coat and the same mane and tail color scheme as Rainbow Dash had, except he was missing the yellow streak. He looked well physically trained and wore what looked to be night guard armor but adored no helmet or hoof-guards.

You gulped with lowered ears as he got up and close to your face. He was easily a head bigger than you. "Its alright Bolt. This is Static, he's a friend of mine. We are in the same class. We had a small disagreement, but I think we have the same views in the end, don't we Static?" You slowly nodded while staying pinned under the pegasus' stern and judging gaze, not wanting to provoke the bigger stallion. "See? Its all fine. You can ease up."

The stallion looked you in the eyes for a bit longer before huffing and taking a step back, followed by walking past you and to Rainbow Dash who he gave a nuzzle on the side of her cheek that she returned, a gesture that made your hearth ache. "How was school Rainbow? Besides this disagreement you had with Static over here." He said with a look that promised pain.

You were nervously ruffling your wings the whole time under his gaze. Feeling intimidated by his appearance, you instinctively tucked your tail between your legs. "It was better than your double shift by long, those big bags under your eyes tell me that much." Rainbow said with a smug grin.

Bolt let out a chuckle and rubbed Rainbow's mane with a hoof, "You got me there sis, school is easy compared to my job."

The pain inside your chest faded instantly and you did a double take with the last bit Bolt said, "Wait... did you say 'sis'?"

Bolt immediately turned his head to you, "Yeah I did, got a problem with that?" He started walking over to you, his nostrils flaring, wings half extended.

Your eyes widened and your ears were pinned against the side of your head. You stepped backwards with every step he took forwards, "W-wait, I didn't mean anything by it! There is nothing wrong with calling her 'sis'!"

He was almost in your face when Rainbow flew directly in between Bolt and you, her back and wings facing you. "Calm down Bolt, he didn't mean anything by it. Besides, we still need to get groceries for tonight."

That seemed to do the trick, the big pegasus stopped in his tracks and huffed, "Yeah, you are right sis, as always."

"Yup. Now c'mon, lets go." She zipped into the air, briefly turning in the air to look at you, a neutral expression on her muzzle, with a twinge of... was that regret? "See you tomorrow Static."

You gave a small wave and a weak smile, Rainbow flying off shortly after. Bolt didn't follow right away however, he did look at her fly away. "Listen up Static," he said as he faced you, pushing one hoof into your chest with a bit of force that stung, "If I ever, for whatsoever reason, hear from anypony, that you in some bucking way hurt my little sister, I'll make you look at life like tartarus is a bucking vacation resort, got it?" You didn't know how fast you should nod your head so you just did it once with a gulp. "Good. I'll see you again probably, until next time." He flared his wings open and gave a powerful flap, disappearing in the air after the rainbow trail.

As you were left alone for a bit on the schoolyard your hearth calmed down, "Holy buck... for my own health its better to avoid him for like... forever." You ruffled your wings and took a second to collect yourself. "By Celestia, I didn't know she had a brother... especially one like that." Opening your wings you gave them a few flaps to relax the muscles and took off after, flying home to start your first day of punishment, the words of Bolt nagging in your head the whole way home with fear right behind it.