• Published 15th Apr 2015
  • 2,287 Views, 93 Comments

School! Flying! Falling! Goofing! - Lazydrill



Last school year, what could possibly happen now what didn't happen in the past few years? Life can be kind, or rude, depending on its mood!

  • ...
9
 93
 2,287

Ch. 13 Feelings that never change.

"I do hope we don't have to run, nor fly those thirty laps..." Thunderlane said as he, Sky Edge, Blazing beats, Lucky, Berry Petal and you closed in on the entrance of the school. Most of your fellow students were already inside, so there was no 'too big' traffic delay at the entrance. Some ponies were still making their way towards the entrance from the courtyard, or from the sky and landing close by.

"Oh come on guys! It is not that bad!" Lucky chirped from behind you.

You turned your head and looked over your shoulder towards Lucky, "For you maybe, Lucky. But you have enough energy for three pegasi."

Lucky simply smiled and did a tiny, happy skip while giving her wings a few flaps, almost hitting the stallion that was to her right, "HEY! Watch it, Lucky. I don't need more smacks to my muzzle from your wings," the stallion said as he ducked to his right and away from Lucky, her wings missing him by only a feather length

Lucky blushed lightly as she looked to the stallion and folded her wings back to her sides, "Oops. Sorry Astral..."

You shook your head gently with a smile and looked to your left to Sky Edge, "Edge, gymnastics, or this, P.E.T. thing, it is still at the same place right?" you asked.

Edge turned to you and gave a nod in confirmation, "Yeah, but we need to meet the coach in the courtyard behind the school though. When we are all there, we go to the colosseum. Since it is all 'first day' and 'introductions', we need to go to him there first."

Raising an eyebrow, you asked, "How do you know all that, what we have and what we must do?"

"If you would read the bucking school info-papers you get a week before school starts, instead of napping your flank off, you would know this. Hay, I think even Dust knows this, and he is the laziest of the whole damn school," Sky Edge said as he rolled his eyes.

You narrowed your eyes slightly at Edge, "I bet Dust doesn't know this."

"I say for five bits that he does," Sky Edge dared you as he narrowed his eyes back.

"Oh, your on!" you said as you stuck your hoof toward him.

Sky Edge smirked and did the same, hoof bumping your hoof with his.

You and your friends walked up the two steps of the school entrance and made your way straight into the lobby where ponies were going on about their own business, some were talking in pairs or in groups. Some were already making way to their next class by walking, or in some cases, casual flying. While flying through the school was strongly discouraged, it was allowed, as long as it didn't bother your fellow students to much.

Looking about the lobby, a thought popped up, "Where are Dust, Lightning and Rainbow Dash?"

You glanced around, but you couldn't spot Dust or 1 of the other mares. You turned your muzzle to Blazing Beats who walked in front of you, his headphones still around his neck as he was talking to Thunderlane. "Hey, Blaze. Where is Dust?" you asked.

Blazing Beats craned his neck, and glanced over his left shoulder to you, "I don't know, Static. Last time I saw him was when we were let out of the class. As soon as we were out of it, he shot passed us all, and out of the lobby. Celestia knows where he is."

"Oh, well that is not a real surprise actually, being in school is not his favorite part..." you said doing an eye roll. "And what about Lightning?" you asked as you tilted your head a bit to the left.

"Lightning was one of the first inside the school after the bell rang, she's probably already at the meeting point in the courtyard." Blaze said. He turned his head forward for a few seconds before glancing to you again, "Why?" he asked you with a raised eyebrow.

"Uhm, it's just that I haven't seen them during break time. Mostly they are around, apparently not today."

"Now that we are talking about where the others are... Where is that rainbow maned mare? Rainbow... Rainbow... what was her name again?" Blazing asked as he glanced to you and the others.

"I believe she was going to the Headmistress with Mr. Slate before the break started," Berry Petal said from Lucky's left.

"Ohh yeah, that's true," Sky Edge said as your group walked out of the lobby, going underneath an arch that supported the second floor with a banner attached to it showing the logo of High Altitude, and into the corridor leading towards the courtyard behind the school.

"Her name is Rainbow Dash," you said with an eyebrow raised, finding it odd how your classmates could forget her name just like that.

The group stopped in the middle of the hallway as you finished your sentence and everypony turned their muzzle to you with questioning looks.

You glanced to everypony and asked, "What? What did I say?"

"Since when do YOU remember the names of ponies that 'just' joined the class?" Thunderlane questioned with his eyes narrowed in suspicion. "When Petal joined our class in the second year, it took you almost a week to remember her name..."

"Thunderlane is right you know. It was the same with me in the first year, you didn't know my name for three days," Sky Edge said as he held up his hoof and did a casual shrug.

"Hey, in my defense," you said, putting a hoof to your chest. "I didn't met her in class. I've met her before school started."

"Forget this miracle for now, guys. We need to get to the courtyard," Blazing interrupted the questioning. He made a motion with his head to continue down the hall, while in thought, you silently thanked him for interrupting.

"Yeah! You guys kept complaining about doing more laps!" Lucky chuckled. "Get your flanks MOVING!!" she yelled.

"Geez, sergeant Lucky, get off my flank, were going already," you said, turning your head away from her and beginning to continue your way to the courtyard.

Your ear flicked into the direction behind you as you heard wings flapping, curious of the sound, you tried to turn around. But was unable to do so as a sudden weight landed on your back. You almost buckled through your legs, but you managed to stay standing. Now a bit annoyed, you slowly glanced over your left shoulder, and was greeted by a pair of gold eyes. "Luckyyyy, why are you on my back?"

Lucky grinned, "I'm your sergeant now, aren't I? So I'm here to give you a bit of extra exercise! To get your nice flanks into shape!"

Your cheeks became warm, "M-my what now?"

"Your nice flanks! DUH! Of course they can become even nicer to look at, that's why you've me! To get some more weight to train with!" Lucky said with a grin and eye roll. She smacked your left flank lightly, making a slight echoing sound through the empty becoming hallway, which got the attention of a few ponies.

"That is also why you were the first one to grab my flank and help me out of the clouds?" you said as you extended your left wing and brushed over the spot Lucky had smacked. You hoped Lucky would back down a bit with you mentioning of her grabbing your flank, but to your disappointment, she closed her eyes and gave a happy nod instead.

"Of course! On the flank-scale rate, you're definitely an eight! I'm not gonna miss an opportunity to grab that!" Lucky said cheerfully. "You could become a nine or maybe even a ten! If you would train those hip muscles more..." she said as she half opened her eyes and patted your right flank.

You groaned with a faint blush on your cheeks as Lucky caressed your flank like it was the most normal thing in Equestria. "Okay, first off, stop touching my flank!" you said as you glared at her, which did close to nothing to stop her. "Second, since when do we have a 'flank-scale'? And how am I a number eight!?" you asked in disbelief and slight annoyance.

"Well, concerning your first thing, I'll stop, for now," Lucky said as she gave a last tap to your right flank. "You really have never heard of the 'flank-scale'? not even among the other stallions?" she asked with her head tilted to the right. You shook your head to her question, which made her giggle. "You're so innocent!"

"Why the pluck... am I still carrying her...?" you thought to yourself.

Looking back, you saw Lucky swinging from side to side with her eyes closed. Narrowing your eyes with a grin, you glanced behind you and Lucky to see if nopony was there, seeing nopony, you gave a powerful buck with your hind legs and tried to get her off of you. Trying this, however, had the opposite effect, Lucky began to laugh, and instead of releasing you, she swung her right front leg around your neck and began to hold onto you like she was doing a rodeo, "WOOOHHHOOO! That is what I'm talking about, Static! Move those hips!" she said as she gave your left flank another tap with her hoof.

Your eye twitched, "Get off of me! I'm not a chariot! Nor the pony who pulls it!!" You tried to buck her off a few times, with the same result of Lucky laughing in joy while she held onto you. You stopped bucking and spread your wings instead, "Lets see if you can still hold on when I'm in the air!"

The sudden unfurling made Petal jump to the side, "Wha..? Static what are yo..."

You didn't hear what she wanted to say further, you launched yourself into the air and through the hallway, and felt that Lucky released your neck and began to hold onto your torso instead, wrapping her arms fully around you while screaming in glee, "WOOHHHOOO!!"

You started to fly faster as you heard Lucky only laugh in pure joy. You shot through the corridor, passing by a few of your fellow students who jumped aside in surprise and sometimes yelled un-pleasantly things after you. Nearing the end, you zipped past your fellow classmates, "Watch out guys! Coming through!"

Sky Edge, Blazing Beats and Thunderlane turned around by your sudden shout. "What the... HOLY BU... DUCK!!!!" Sky Edge yelled in surprise as he grabbed Thunderlane and Blaze and dived with them out of the way.

As you passed by them, you heard Lucky yell to them, "Bye, guys!!! See you at the meeting point!!!"

"STATIC! YOU FEATHERBRAIN!!" was being shouted after you.

And with that, you shot towards the open standing door, leading to the courtyard, where a stallion and a mare where about to kiss. "Oh, ponyfeathers..." You angled yourself to the side, letting your belly and your backside to face the walls and your sides the ground and the ceiling.

The couple in front of you began to bring their muzzles together, and were violently brought out of their moment as you just barely shot passed them. "This is a sign to back out now you still can!!" Lucky screamed at them.

You zipped into the air as soon as you passed the two unfortunate love birds, and entered the air of the courtyard, still slightly annoyed that Lucky was having the time of her life. You growled as you went higher and higher, "LUCKY GET OFF OF ME!"

"Are you kidding me!? This way better than walking! WWWWEEEEE!"

"Alright, that is it!" you said with your eyes narrowed. Climbing higher and higher, you shot passed clouds and birds, reaching far up into the sky. You cleaved through the wind, making it form a cone around you. Glancing shortly over your shoulder, you saw Lucky clinging onto you with a what looked to be a smile, your tail color was left behind you as you kept climbing in altitude. Turning your muzzle up again, you wanted to go higher.

The laughing from Lucky slowly died away into an awkward chuckle, "Hehe... Static... you're going a little high..."

Taking that as your cue, you smirked lightly, and out of nowhere, you stopped flying, and folded your wings back to your sides. You felt the air coming slower and slower towards your muzzle, and noticed gravity taking a hold off you once more, trying to pull you back to the ground. You let the force of nature do its thing as the last bit of force from your flying ended with you barely touching the upper cloud layer.

You let yourself dangle and felt your muzzle being toppled over towards the ground. "Static! What are you doing!?" Lucky asked with concern and fear. You said nothing. You simply angled yourself back to the small patch of clouds that was resembling Cloudsdale from this high up. With your muzzle now aimed down to the city, your wings to your sides and your hooves loosely resting in the air, you let gravity do the rest for you.

You felt yourself accelerate towards the ground, and with every second that passed, you went faster. Looking over your shoulder again, you saw that Lucky now was looking with wide eyes towards the floating city that was approaching fast. She held onto you much more than before, keeping her front legs tightly around your torso, "S-S-Static! please! slow down!!"

You shook your head, "I will, if you let go of me. Will you?" Lucky shook her head quickly. Closing her eyes, she buried her face into your neck and under your mane.

In the split second she did that, her form changed into a small filly that you knew all to well. She had a yellow coat and orange mane and tail with two red streaks going through them, her mane pulled up into a ponytail. The filly kept hiding under your mane, "Brother, please... slow down... I'm scared..." Gloom's voice went with fear through your head.

Time seemed to slow down as your eyes widened at the sudden view of your sister and her with fear filled voice that went through your head. Not a moment later, you fanned out your wings to their full span and angled yourself so that your belly faced down to Cloudsdale. The sudden unfurling of your wings caused heavy force to build up under them, causing pain to your wing bases as you struggled to hold your wings in place. You gritted your teeth tightly as the pain on your wing bases only increased, and your speed decreased a lot slower than you thought.

Suddenly, you felt like you began to become lighter. Not really paying attention to it, you shrugged it off due to the force on you was decreasing together with your speed. You felt something brushing past your fanned out right wing, glancing over it with your eyes narrowed in slight pain, they shot open as you saw the mare that was holding you not so long ago, sliding off of you and began to fall to Cloudsdale with her eyes closed, her wings tucked to her sides and her hooves dangling aimlessly, "NO! LUCKY!!" you screamed after the falling mare.

You brought your wings to your sides and aimed your muzzle towards the falling mare. Narrowing your eyes, you sliced through the air as you dived through it. You could feel the intense pressure built up in front of you again, your eyes began to tear up at the high wind speeds that passed by them. "COME ON!! I NEED TO GO FASTER!" you growled inwardly. You outstretched your hooves and made yourself as flat as possible, trying to get the most speed possible. Lucky was still falling away from you, although you were closing in on her, you feared that she would hit the clouds before you would reach her. Even with clouds being the ground she would hit, at this speed, it would still have VERY bad consequences.

You felt your coat and wings began to tingle, as if something was building up, some sort of charge. The cone around you began to turn a dark shade of grey, and you could feel little particles hit your coat. "COME ON! I ALMOST HAVE HER!" Your eyes were still locked on Lucky, but in a what seemed to be the smallest of a second, her form changed again to that of your little sister, "NOOO!! GLOOMY!!"

The cone around you broke.

You fanned out your wings and the tension that was building up was released. You shot down to the falling mare faster than you went before, small yellow string-like things were going passed your eyes as you kept speeding up. You were inches away from her, flapping your wings even faster, you extended your front hooves as far as you could, noticing the slightest of what looked to be small thunder shocks appearing over them. You grabbed her and pulled her towards you. Now next to her, you grabbed her around her torso and hugged her close to you, her fore head protectively under your chin.

You let go a sigh of relief, and glanced towards Cloudsdale, which was very fast closing in on you. Realizing there was in no way enough time to slow down, you nodded to yourself, and prioritized the mare that was now in your care. You seized flapping your wings and held them out again, more pressure and pain than ever before building up on your wings. You focused on other things than the burning pain that now was not only on your wings, but could be felt on different places around your body. Glancing quickly over the schoolyard that was now very close, you sought and found the best place to crash, a pile of clouds that was not far from the meeting point, so that if you crashed, the class would be close by.

Accepting what was about to come with your speed, you closed your wings and turned your back to the clouds. Curling into a ball, you held Lucky tightly against you and unfurled your wings around her as much as you could. You sighed inwardly, a bit with fear, but more sort of happy that you were able to grab Lucky.

Closing your eyes, you prepared yourself for the impact.

"STATIC!!"