• Published 7th Apr 2015
  • 681 Views, 39 Comments

A New Flashlight - Neroson40



More amnesia and Darkness ( sarcastic monotone 'yay')... with a twist!

  • ...
16
 39
 681

Mixed

I was hoping that I would be the one visiting Base and family. But, nope, Base decided to come to Ponyville for a quick visit with the rest of us. Ironsparks decided to put his Apprenticeship on hold so that he could see what the Gaurdians were made of. I also caught him glimpsing at Applejack from time to time. Then I noticed him slamming into some obstacle he didn’t see. Applejack was a little more inconspicuous with the same thing, but I could still see a slight blush at the sight of Ironsparks. If I learned anything from playing matchmaker with Princess Cadence it was this; if you have the talent to play Matchmaker, leave the role to those who have the patience, and passion for it. To put it mildly, I was staying outta this.

Soarin looked at Rainbow Dash somberly as she ignored him sternly. I will admit I was curious, but I was not going to ask until I was sure I couldn’t take any more. Twilight was getting acquainted with Base. Did it annoy me that I couldn’t spend quality time with my marefriend alone? Yeah, but not as much as it made me happy that my life was coming completely together. The only thing missing was Sunny, but she had her own troubles to deal with as far as I knew.
I suddenly had a head-rush out of nowhere, when it subsided I was human, in a place I never saw before wearing clothes that weren’t my combat attire, and holding a strange instrument. There were other guys there beside me, I didn’t recognize them from my normal life, but we must’ve been friends wherever we were. Then Twilight, Sunny, and the other girls came out of a double door marked “Gym.” Instead of feeling happy at seeing her, or wanting to talk to her, I scowled and looked away.

“We really need to stop bumping into each other like this,” she said, though it sounded hazy. I remember saying that to her about a month before actually meeting her I meant it as a joke on how we were literally bumping into each other every time we saw each other.

“You guys hear something?” I said. The haze was present but I also heard my real self saying it. Twilight tried to repeat the joke. “There it is again! So annoying!” next thing I knew I was on the floor of the train car looking up at Twilight and Base’s worried faces, there seemed to be a hint of pain mixed with rekindled sadness deep in Twilight’s eyes.

“Flash, are you okay?” Base asked. Normally I wouldn’t’ve paid any mind to it without answering the question. But for sanity’s sake I ignored the question.

“Tenebrae!” I called my Spirit of Chaos. A shadow passed to the right, I got up to look at the cat-dog creature of Black and Purple. “What did I just see!?” I asked through clenched teeth. “You told me you returned everything when I agreed to be your Guardian, so why did I just remember that!?”

“Let me see it,” He said. He put the hand on his tail over my face, and closed his eyes. “Oh my… this is… odd.”

“What is?” Twilight asked.

“His memories are jumbled with someone else’s, and that someone had contact… with you, Twilight Sparkle.”

“What did he remember!?” Twilight looked at me like she already had an answer.“The Flash Sentry you fell in love with… he remembers everything about him.” Just as he said it, I remembered a whole other existence, entirely human. Going to school, playing guitar, “bumping into” Twilight… everything up until I ran into a strange girl with a staff. She hit me in the head with the staff, and that’s the end of it.

“I… I need to make sure he’s okay!” I said. “Twilight! How do I find him!?”

“I have a portal in the castle… but it’s been on the frits, why?”

“It’s… in the most recent memory. I saw him get beat up by… a girl with a staff,” Tenebrae looked shocked at this.

“Did this girl resemble Twilight!?” He asked. I thought back on it… she did look a bit like twilight, her hair was the same color, though drastically shorter and without the pink streak, her eyes, though more serious, matched Twilight’s… everything else I couldn’t remember getting a good look at. “If she did in any way, it must’ve been my sister, Guardian Magic, Lorelei.” That was left to sink in for half the remainder of the trip. The other half was spent sleeping. I remember at one point that Base asked Ironsparks if he could sleep with him because of a nightmare. I couldn’t get what it was about, but it was all pretty nonsensical what I did get, which made me appreciate his youth a little more, all the nightmares I had nowadays were about Kayen. The fire, the fight… and that last moment of his life. And those are just the parts without the psychological stress increasing images. Shadowy skulls, fiery faces, and an eye shaped into a blood stain. Cheery, aint it?

I woke up the next day to see that we’d arrived in Ponyville… and there was somepony else in the cot with me, hitting my head on the ceiling and floor of the car when I realized it was my marefriend. Now, if I still had Amnesia, I probably would’ve been freaked out that Twilight was with me in my bed and trying to remember if I made it to third base on accident (Yes! I just put “Accident” after “Third Base”! Not Every guy is that shallow!)… but this time, I had all my memories, and thus knew that Twilight was a sleepwalker, but even then I was kinda concerned of what she did while sleepwalking last night. The last time she was caught sleepwalking; it rained for a week before Rainbow Dash could make physical contact with the clouds instead of passing right through them. Twilight woke up grogilly looked at me and greeted me nonchalantly.

“’Good Morning’!?” I yelledd, which woke up Base, Soarin and Ironsparks. “You wake up in my bed, in the colt’s sleeping car, and all you have to say is ‘Good Morning’!?” she started heavily blushing as realization dawned on her.

“What?” she said in a very small voice.

“Flash Sentry you lucky son of a-” Soarin said with a mischievous smile.

“That’s far ‘nough!” Ironsparks yelled. “You… didn’t… raht?” Twilight was silent. I was in denial. I would never do that to Twilight until it felt right! We (Including Soarin and Ironsparks) didn't say anything about it to the girls, or to Base when we got off the train, and we certainly wouldn’t unless we had to.

Author's Note:

... you guys are gonna hate me so i'll just nuke myself quietly...