• Published 7th Apr 2015
  • 681 Views, 39 Comments

A New Flashlight - Neroson40



More amnesia and Darkness ( sarcastic monotone 'yay')... with a twist!

  • ...
16
 39
 681

Pardon?

CH Flash POV

First thing I remembered was a cold concrete sidewalk under the left side of my face. There wasn’t anyone around, but I was near a building. It looked like it was still being used despite it being very late at night. I decided to go inside, see if the ones working there could help me. I staggered through the hallways until I found the room where kids were apparently in after school and the teacher… look almost as old as anyone else there.

“Did you forget something Mr. Sentry?” the Teacher asked. In response everyone looked up at me… so my name was “Sentry”? Right there, the bump on the side of my head throbbed, and a major migraine washed over me like a tidal wave. “Do you need Medical Attention?” the teacher asked. This time I didn’t bother staying quiet.

“Who… are you… again?”

“Flash?” one of the students spoke up. “Are you just pulling our leg here?”

“My name… is Flash Sentry?”

“Call the hospital!” the Teacher said. “He needs help!”

EQ Flash POV

Denial. That was my first reaction, to brush it off like he meant somepony on Cadence’s side of the family. So what’s the first thing I do? I ask about it.

“Does Cadence have a pregnant sister I don’t know about?” I asked.

“No, I do,” wide eyed shock for ten seconds. Next thing I did was go into the fetal position… which did nothing to help my emotional state. “I’m not gonna kill you,” he assured. “I just wanna know how it happened.” I answered it in as few words as possible, considering that made it sound like I was joking, bad idea.

“Another of Twilight’s sleepwalking escapades gone wrong,” I said.

“Is that your best excuse?” Shining scoffed.

“No… just my shortest explanation.” I told him the whole story that he needed to hear, only keeping the details about my shock at finding his baby sister in my bed when I woke up. What details I spared about that night, I didn’t have.

“How deep were you sleeping!?” Shining said. “On second thought, I don’t want to know, let’s just get outta here.”

It took me that long to realize that we were still in the Breaklands. He brought me to Twilight’s castle, where there were a lot of white markings on the ground forming some sort of magic circle.

“C’mon,” he said. “We need to talk to Twilight.” We jumped through and my friends were all waiting for me on the other side along with Cadence.

“Congratulations,” I told her. “Twilight, we need to go to the doctor before we start modifying that portal.”

“Uh… why?” Twilight asked.

“No unmarried colt wants to hear the news I just told him,” Shining explained leaving her to make it worse in her head. “In fact, tell me where the blueprints to the Portal are, and I’ll see if I can do anything with them.” Twilight told him about the Book my… Cousin, Sunny (Whose mention still makes me uncomfortable especially with the Other Flash’s memories) used to contact her, and that the blueprints were hidden under one of the covers. Twilight led me to the Doctor, asking why we were going there in the first place.

“I couldn’t’ve said it better than Shining did. He found out something that no Coltfriend wants to hear before Engagement at least.”

“What did he tell you!?” she asked like a skeptic.

“You’re… expecting… mifull…,” I was really quiet and somewhat fast on the last part.

“Pardon me, I’m expecting what now?” the next time I said it wasn’t much of an improvement on my pronunciation. So she quoted one of the novels she really liked reading. “ENGLISH BOY, DO YOU SPEAK IT!?” by this point we reached the doctor, and I was so annoyed that I wouldn’t spit it out for her… that I just spit it out the third time.

“YOU’RE EXPECTING MY FOAL!”… The only pony not shocked that I just shouted that out to the world for all to hear was Twilight, because, let’s face it ladies, your somepony special blurts out to the world that you’re pregnant when you didn’t know that? Your shocks gonna be 50/50, half on the blurting part, and half on the news. Me… I was just becoming aware of the crowd of ponies that just stopped in their tracks at what I yelled. “And that is why you wait for me to do what I’m doing when it’s difficult to say what I’m saying. Let’s get this over with.” We entered the doctor’s office and saw the crowd slowly disperse.

CH Flash POV

The doctors did everything they could to find a problem. CAT scans, “Were they real” tests, everything… but aside from common knowledge and stuff you’d learn by senior year of High School… I didn’t remember anything. And they didn’t find anything that could be the problem either. They even said that the part of my brain that was just under the bump on my head was completely fine. They kept me in the hospital for another week before they let me out, saying that it was beyond them, though they did tell me to try to re-familiarize myself with everything I knew.

First thing I did was pick up a guitar I found in my room back home. The girl there, calling herself my sister Starlight said that dinner for me and my Brother First Base would be in an hour. Outta nowhere, I just decided to play and sing a little song. “Don’t you dare look back, just keep your eyes on me, I said you’re holding back, she said shut up and dance with me.” I don’t know what I saw; it looked like… that teacher’s face… sicko, why would you crush on a teacher at your age? Then again… was she really a teacher? She didn’t look old enough to teach, she was at the oldest my age… so… I decided to let it go, and didn’t think of it again through supper, the night, or the next day.

Author's Note:

Song:
Walk the Moon
Shut Up and Dance