• Published 7th Apr 2015
  • 678 Views, 39 Comments

A New Flashlight - Neroson40



More amnesia and Darkness ( sarcastic monotone 'yay')... with a twist!

  • ...
16
 39
 678

Blank

Inferno Gateway POV

I remembered something about my father, as he tossed his naked sword to Dreamheart. Sinhunter took the shape of Guardian Tenebrae’s heart (The emotional one, not the physical one) but it was completely composed of… that escalated quickly.

“Now let her go!” Chief said. Tirek grinned evilly.

“No,” he said. “You’ve always been alone, so be ALONE!” something dark shocked Twilight and she went unconscious. Tirek dropped her to the ground and Vanished in a puff of smoke. Everyone stood in a circle around Twilight, Flash and Chief cradling her. I watched from the distance as someone stepped out of the crowd and knelt.

“Sunny,” Chief said.

“I don’t like it,” She said. “But there is someone else who may know a way to save her.” She lifted Twilight over one shoulder and had another girl, Rainbow Dash by the look of it take her other shoulder. They stepped through the circle with the other girls coming too, but I stopped them.

“Can we help you sir?” Rarity asked.

“You’re going to talk to the Sirens, right?” I said. They looked a little confused. “You call them the ‘Dazzlings.’” After that Sunny nodded her confirmation (which made the other girls and Flash a little uncomfortable). I put on my official military face and continued. “Master Chief Flash Sentry, I need you to step forward.” He reluctantly did. “As a member of the council of Seven, I technically don’t have to say this, but I still hope you can forgive me.”

“Huh?” Was all he could say before he got a mouthful of my… fist I think it was called? After a second or two of inaction he spung back and yelled; “What the buck was that for!?”

“Selling your soul,” I said plainly. Then I started to yell. “That sword you just handed over to Dreamheart, that was the shape of your spirit imprinted on the physical manifestation of ‘you,’ it was ‘you’! And you just gave it away without making sure you’d get what you were promised!” everyone was staring at either me or my father. “I’m sorry.”

“It’s fine,” He said. He got up and brushed the dirt off himself. “How do you know this?”

“My name is Inferno Gateway, third seat on the Council of Seven… I’m your son.”


Master Chief Flash Sentry POV

“You guys go ahead,” I said. “I need to talk to the Councilor.”

“Inferno, please,” Inferno said. “Take them to the Dazzlings, Zore will meet you there.” They went on their way. “You shocked to see your unborn child in a higher position than you?”

“Funny, I’m not,” I said. And I wasn’t, I didn’t feel anything. Not happiness, sadness, anger, none of it. “I don’t feel anything.”

“You probably do,” Inferno said. “Your body just doesn’t know how to react to it because the connection to your heart is gone.” I probably would’ve been confused if I still felt anything. But I definitely didn’t understand. “Let’s just catch up later. We need to help… her.”

“You mean Twilight?” I asked. “Why did you just call her… ‘her’?”

“I don’t know whether to call her mom, since she’s my mother’s other self, or Twilight since she’s not the one who… gave me life.” I understood his confusion. We found the girls and Flash at a burger joint (Remind me never to eat a real burger again) and joined them. There were three other girls there, each one looking beautiful in a dangerous way, like pop-stars with chainsaws. This is how I recall it, at the time I didn’t feel it (I’m sorry I’m hammering this in I’m just trying to explain how I’m accurately describing people without saying that I felt something at the time).

“I take it he’s the one who sold his soul?” the one with the big red hair asked Sunny.

“Yeah… he’s my, uh… Cousin.” Maybe it wasn’t such a bad thing that my emotions were out of reach, I didn’t feel the awkwardness at her saying that… but Flash certainly showed it.

“He’s… what!?”

“I was adopted!” she said.

My response; “I didn’t know that.” It was more monotonous and bland than you might‘ve read it, which caught everyone’s attention.

“Wow, he really did sell his soul!” the one with the blue ponytail said causing the one with the purple pigtails to slap her in the back of the head lightly.

“Thank you, Captain ‘Duh’.” She said.

“Not funny Aria!”

“Sonnata! Aria! Can we please get back to the situation at hand!” the big haired one said.

“Sorry, Adagio,” they said like little foals in forced apology. Adagio felt the air above Twilight, which I could see some sort of red and black mist coming through. Adagio’s eyes widened when she felt something apparently out of the Ordinary.

“Double heartbeat!” she whispered. She grabbed at her neck and pulled it away like she realized something wasn’t there. “Damn! I forgot, we’re powerless!”

“What’s a double heartbeat?” Pinkie asked with a clueless smile… that disappeared when Rarity whispered the answer in her ear, to be replaced with one of shock and disturbance. Flash could only stare in horror at his girlfriend, now unconscious before him… I didn’t sympathize with him, I didn’t feel my own way about the situation at all, but I just knew that I had to get Twilight to wake up, after all…
For an expecting mother, wouldn’t you?

Author's Note:

... I just started Ripping off Kingdom Hearts didn't I?... anyway, once again I'm sorry that I had to hammer it in that Flash couldn't actually feel what he was describing... but if you want a legitimate explanation, you try to describe something from a zombie's point of view!