• Published 7th Apr 2015
  • 678 Views, 39 Comments

A New Flashlight - Neroson40



More amnesia and Darkness ( sarcastic monotone 'yay')... with a twist!

  • ...
16
 39
 678

Years

Master Chief Flash Sentry POV

I saw Slothspawn teaching Flash how to fight with his guitar… not something I ever thought I’d say, but I kept going until I reached a dead end. Basically I jump off this building, I fall and I never stop falling. I did have a teleport thing, but if the two points weren’t connected physically it was pointless. The problem was, the statue that Slothspawn told me to go to was on the other side of this chasm, I could see that it wound here and there along the path I needed to take, but the path went over it.

This could be a problem. I mean I could sprout wings and fly across but that was with Tenebrae’s help, which I didn’t have here. Slothspawn teleported next to me, but I didn’t even turn to him.

“Why don’t you just fly across?” he asked.

“I don’t know how to do it on my own.”

“Easily Remedied,” Slothspawn said holding his hand straight up in front of me. “I’ll show you with the memories of the previous Guardians of Darkness.” I don’t know why, but I hesitated. I wasn’t sure what Slothspawn was going to show me, or even if the memory he head was indeed what I needed. But then again, why would he hurt me? What would he have against me? I couldn’t answer either of those questions, so I just touched his hand. I felt the darkness around me fill my heart, and come out through my back. I remembered jumping off the side of the building I was currently standing on, but there was something different about it. There was a forest setting, to a village setting, basically I saw twelve different styles for this one place. Right then I snapped back to reality.

“I know what I have to do.” I concentrated on the darkness, drew it into my heart, pushed it through my blood. I shot it out through my shoulder blades and it took the shape of raven’s wings. I turned to the chasm, closed my eyes and jumped. At first I just let myself fall then I took flight rising up the side of the next building. I landed on the roof and sprinted towards my goal, reaching it when I just about pushed past my limit. I could look at the statue of me and see Flash looking at something, like he was reading it. He looked up and pointed down towards the floor of the balcony he stood on, signaling that I should do the same. I looked at mine and saw a plaque with a pedestal for what looked like a sword in front of it.

To ye whosoever holds mine memories
Thrust thine blade into the Pedestals of Heart
And know the truth of how you got mine power

That was straight forward enough. I pulled Sinhunter out of the scabbard, (Who knew that’s what it was called?) Turned it so it would fit in the slot of the Pedestal and thrust downward into it. I could feel Flash’s memories leaving my mind. I still remembered them, but they weren’t in the full five senses, I didn’t even see the colors. I guess that made it easier to distinguish which were mine and which were his. I got a good look at the memories that were returned to him. They were between the ages of twelve to sixteen, last four years. I still had the grade skip for second and third grade, but that was when he was about eight.

There was a bright flash and I was on a couch looking up at Shining’s smiling face of relief. Though I had a bit of a migraine, so I was a little irritable.

“How’d it go?” he asked. I flinched, he sounded a lot louder and he wasn’t even yelling.

“Last four years are back in his head,” I sat up Zore offered me two of some sort of tablet and a glass of water. “Is that good for headaches?” I asked. He nodded. I took them and downed them with the water.

“The Keys need some time to cool down, about two days or so,” Shining said. “After what you went through in there, you need a bit of a break.” I agreed. But we didn’t know that someone was coming for us, someone Twilight and her friends on our side defeated a while ago.


Dragon Sky

Glacier Storm and I were alone for ten years now. Ever since we found out about Glacier’s position as Guardian Glacius, he’d been training in human martial arts to become strong enough to uphold the position of those chosen before him. One day, though, he got too strong. He was protecting a small town from a horde of timberwolves, by the time we returned the village was destroyed… by an attack he threw. Those who survived were scared, so we left that day, surviving off of nature for the past decade. And to think, he gave up his position of honors student at Canterlot School for Gifted Unicorns for this! He said that I didn’t have to come with him. I could find somepony to take care of me and never have to worry about him again. But I couldn’t live with myself that way.

“We’re almost to Ponyville, Sky,” Glacier said. “We might find somepony who can take care of that bite for you.” The other day, I got bit by a wanderfly, which can cause hallucinations if not treated in three days. I had another full day before they started, but we still had to hurry, because I could feel myself slipping. I was so tired, I didn’t think I could make it without some sleep, what harm could a little nap do? Glacier already had me on his back… maybe if I just got a little more comfortable… the next thing I remembered was waking up in a room, the bite on my arm bandaged with some sort of salve spread on the bandages. I looked as far as I could see, which still wasn’t very far for a few minutes… and saw the last face I ever thought I’d see again, washing my face with a washcloth.

“Sp… Spike?” I said. But I couldn’t stay awake for too much longer. And fell unconscious again.

Author's Note:

Before you ask, no Glacier isn't going to be shipped with Rarity.