• Published 12th May 2012
  • 2,569 Views, 88 Comments

The Force of Friendship (2. Family) - Bronysith



Alexx finds that the Gateway is not closed.

  • ...
4
 88
 2,569

Chapter 2 "Happy Birthday?"

"HAPPY BIRTHDAY KANA!!" Everypony at the library shouted. "I can't believe little silly filly Kana is already six years old, boy she is growing up fast!" A bouncing Pinkie Pie commented. "Ah right, I got cider for the grown ups, and apple juice for the small fry." Applejack said, wheeling in a table of beverages. Scootaloo, Sweetie Bell, and Applebloom all ran up to Kana. "Happy Birthday, we got something for you. Show her Sweetie Bell." Scootaloo said. Sweetie Bell pulled out a small cape. "For your sixth birthday, we decided to make you a Cutie Mark Crusader." The three shouted at once. "Oh boy, oh boy, thank you. Papa can I go play with them please?" Kana said, looking up at Alexx with her beautiful eyes. "It's your birthday, of course you can." He said, giving her a kiss on the forehead. "Wub you papa." Kana said. "Come on girls, maybe we will get our cutie marks in a cake eating contest, or pin the tail on the pony." Scootaloo said. "ALL RIGHT!!" the other three shouted as they ran off.

My little Kana, already six. Alexx thought. The cake was made by Pinkie Pie of course. It was the same cake she made for Alexx when he first arrived in Ponyville, this one was three times as big however. Alexx walked over to where Twilight Sparkle was, and all his other friends as well. They were all gathered around the cider kegs, Pinkie Pie was constantly shoveling in cake. "Ooh hhi Aallexx." Pinkie Pie said, her mouth full of cake. "Hey Pinkie, Rarity, Rainbow Dash, Fluttershy, Applejack." He said, giving Twilight a kiss. "How are all of you?" He asked. "Oh just lovely darling. A bit busy from making fabulous new dresses, other than that I am great." Rarity said. "I am fine too, sugarcube, Big Mac and I were working harder all week making all that cider and juice yall are drinking." Applejack said with a smile and a laugh. "I am fine as well, I um have been training my animals to, you know, sing happy birthday for Kana." Fluttershy said in a soft voice. "And I made the cake." Pinkie Pie said, eating more of the giant cake. "Yea, before I arrived, I raced Star Bolt. He must have fallen behind cause I left him in the dust. Oh there he is now." Rainbow Dash said, pointing a hoof at Star Bolt, whom just walked through the door. "I will talk to you guys later, see ya." He said, walking towards Star Bolt.

"Sorry I am late, I was racing Rainbow Dash and she smoked me." Star Bolt said. "Oh it is fine, would you like some cake and cider?" Alexx asked with a smile. "Yea, yea that sounds good." Star Bolt said, returning the smile. Alexx grabbed a mug of cider, handed it to Star Bolt, and grabbed his own. "So you have any ideas on who the killer is?" Star Bolt asked, taking a sip of cider. "Hey, I do not want to talk about work right now. I am here to enjoy Kana's birthday." Alexx said, taking a bite of cake. "You are right, Alexx, let us enjoy this peace." Star Bolt said, he seemed to murmur something else under his breath. "What was that?" Alexx asked. "Oh it is nothing, just trying to remember something." Star Bolt said with a laugh.

Alexx and Star Bolt continued to sip at their cider and eat cake. There is something odd about Star Bolt today. He does not normally murmur. Alexx thought. "Want another round of cider?" Star Bolt asked. "Um sure, I could go for another mug." Alexx replied. Star Bolt got up and walked to the beverage table. Pinkie Pie did a great job decorating. Alexx thought, noticing all the streamers and balloons that seemed to envelope the entire library. Sheesh, so many parties happen here. I dislike cleaning all of it up. But I would do anything for my little girl, it is her special day today. He thought, a smile came across his face. He walked over to Vinyl Scratch, the d.j. for the party. "Hey hey hey, it is the b day girls daddy, what is up? You enjoying the party?" She asked. "Why yes I am, thank you for coming on such short notice." Alexx replied. "Oh it is nothing, the least I could do for the stallion who saved Equestria from an invasion." Vinyl Scratch said. "Tell Kana I said happy birthday." She said, as Alexx walked back to where he was.

Star Bolt returned from the beverage table, carrying two mugs of cider on his back. "One for you, and one for me." Star Bolt said. "Thank you, Star Bolt." Alexx said, lifting the mug with magic and taking a big gulp. "So Alexx, when are you going to teach Kana how to use magic? She has to learn some day, and I think she will be powerful, just like you and Twilight." Star Bolt said. "Oh, I have not thought of that yet. I think I am going to wait one more year, for her to become a little bit more educated. Twilight wanted it this way." Alexx replied, taking another sip of the sweet cider. This mug is a little bit sweeter then the last one. Alexx noticed.

"But why wait? She could use her magic for great things." Star Bolt replied. "You are acting a little stranger today, Star Bolt. You are not normally this interested in talking about Kana." Alexx said. "Oh, you know, she IS the birthday girl, so I thought it was appropriate to talk about her and her future as a unicorn." Star Bolt replied with a smirk. Rainbow Dash stumbled over towards Star Bolt, hanging on to him. "Get off me please." Star Bolt said. "Hey *hic, how about we go some place a little quieter sweetie. *Hic." A drunken Rainbow Dash said. "I said get off." Star Bolt replied. "Come on *Hic, cut loose a bit, It IS a party." Rainbow Dash replied. "I SAID GET OFF!" Star Bolt said, bucking Rainbow Dash across the library, and crashing into Vinyl Scratches turntables, stopping the music. Everypony stared at Star Bolt. "HEY! STAR BOLT! What has gotten into you?!" Alexx demanded.

"I told her to get off. So I sent her packing." Star Bolt replied. "Yes, but normally you are all into Rainbow Dash being all horny and stuff. What is going on?" Alexx asked. He noticed Twilight and the others rushed to Rainbow Dashes side. "Is she okay?" Alexx asked. "She is bleeding, I'll get her to thar hospital, yall just sort out the business here." Applejack said, putting Rainbow Dash on her back and galloping off. "Star Bolt, you could have killed her." Alexx said. "What, do you think I care about that?" Star Bolt said with a grin. I do not get it, Star Bolt is madly in love with Rainbow Dash. Wait. "YOU ARE NOT STAR BOLT?!" Alexx shouted. Star Bolt let out a laugh. Star Bolt began to change form, his fur and wings turned into a black and blue carapace. CHANGELING! Alexx thought.

"No, I am not Star Bolt, I saw him and Rainbow Dash flying so I, took care of him." Said the changeling. "You killed him!?" Alexx asked in horror. "No, he is back at Rainbow Dashes place, safe and sound, in a deep sleep." The changeling said. Well at least he is not dead. "You are the sith, are you not?" Alexx asked. "Yes. I am the sith, call me, Darth Shatayo." Shatayo said. "How did you get to Equestria? I sealed to the gateway forever when I severed my connection to the force." Alexx asked. Shatayo let out a menacing laugh. "Yes you did sever the connection to the force, which closed the gateway. But you see, there is another gatekey." Shatayo said, looking towards Kana. She was with the other Cutie Mark Crusaders, hiding in the corner. "She has a strong connection to the force. I am surprised you did not figure that out sooner." Shatayo said with an evil grin. But. No, he is right. That night, before the Kaggath with Twilight, I was still connected to the force. So she is a sensitive. Alexx thought in horror.

"Why are you here?" Alexx asked. "Is it not obvious? I am here for your daughter." Shatayo said. "OVER MY DEAD BODY!!" Alexx said, charging towards Shatayo. Alexx noticed it was hard to move, he fell over. "What, what did you do to me?" Alexx asked. "Oh not just to you, before Applejack delivered the cider, I added a missing ingredient." Shatayo had said with a grin. Alexx noticed all the other mares, and stallions at the party beginning to fall over. Shatayo walked over to where the Cutie Mark Crusaders and Kana were. "Stay away from her you meany head, CUTIE MARK CRUSADERS, GUARDIA-" Is all Applebloom, Scootaloo, and Sweetie Bell could say before Shatayo knocked them out, through the force.

Shatayo then hit Kana over the head with his decayed hoof. "Papa." Is all she could say before falling over. "KANA!" Alexx said. Shatayo lifted her onto his back and the gateway appeared. "I do hope you do not mind. But your daughter has a strong connection to the force. The dark side could really use her power." Shatayo said, as the gateway opened. Alexx was crawling towards Shatayo. "Kana..." He said, trying to stay awake. "You could open the gateway again. Oh yes that is right. You have no gatekey anymore. No more ponies in Equestria have a connection to the force. Goodbye." Shatayo said, taunting Alexx. No. Not like this. Alexx thought, reaching a hoof out towards Shatayo. It was too late, Shatayo had entered the gateway and sealed it behind him.


I... I failed her. I failed Twilight and my daughter. Alexx thought, the tears now flowing from his eyes. "KANA!" Alexx screamed before slipping into unconsciousness.

-End Chapter 2