• Published 12th May 2012
  • 2,568 Views, 88 Comments

The Force of Friendship (2. Family) - Bronysith



Alexx finds that the Gateway is not closed.

  • ...
4
 88
 2,568

Prologue

It has been six years. Six years since Alexx was sent to Equestria by the Jedi, Kana.
Here he found out that the power of friendship, is stronger than the force itself.
It was here that he met his new friends, Rainbow Dash, Pinkie Pie, Fluttershy, Applejack, Rarity.
And Twilight Sparkle, whom he fell in love with.
The night before the kaggath, they expressed their true feelings for eachother.
After his duel with Shadio, there was an invasion of sith, Twilight losing her life in the process.
Alexx severed his connection to the force in order to save her.
Together they raised a new unicorn named Kana, the namesake of the Jedi who gave,
him the gift of friendship.
Alexx lives with Twilight Sparkle, starting their new life together as parents.
With his connection to the force severed, Alexx now serves as a knight of the royal guard...


It was a warm summer's night. Luna's moon and stars were very beautiful. Alexx could see Orion's belt above him. There was a slight breeze as Alexx walked to Shining Armor's office. He could hear the clash of steel from the new recruits, training for knighthood. He opened the oak door to see Shining Armor and another pony, a pegasus. "You wanted to see me sir?" Alexx asked, the pegasus had a brown coat, and hazel eyes. "Yes, this is Star Bolt, our new recruit, I want you to take him under your, erm, horn." Sta Bolt lifted his front right hoof in a salute. "SIR! Honor to meet you. SIR!" He said. Alexx gave him a smile. "The pleasure is all mine. I was off to investigate a murder that happened in the Everfree Forest, this shall be your first case. Let's go." He said. Alexx turned around and left Shining Armor's office, with Star Bolt close behind.

Alexx and Star Bolt walked out of Canterlot and into the Everfree Forest. As they neared the edge of the forest, it got very dark. "Stay close to me, I will make a light." Alexx said, "SIR!" Responded Star Bolt, "And enough of the sir, please just call me Alexx, we are going to be good friends I believe Star Bolt." "Yes Si-er Alexx." Alexx begun to channel magic into his horn, making a bright light appear overhead. Alexx has been through the Everfree Forest dozens of times, it still sends a shiver down his mane. I hope Star Bolt doesn't lose his nerve. Poor guy must be scared out of his mind. Alexx thought. He looked over and saw Star Bolt, he was standing up tall, full of pride. Guess not.

They found the body of the victim, a young earth pony mare. She had a beautiful kept red mane, and a purple coat. "All right Star Bolt, we have to examine the body, look for anything that is odd." Alexx said. "Okay" Star Bolt replied. Alexx channeled more energy into his horn and illuminated the area around the body. Why would anypony want to murder this pretty young thing? He thought. "Alexx! I found something odd." Star Bolt shouted. Alexx turned toward him. "What you find on her?" "This right here." Star Bolt pointed his hoof at a gash on her chest. "I think she was killed by a unicorn whom stabbed her." He said with pride.

"Good guess, Star Bolt, but it looks more like a slash of some sort." Alexx replied. "How do you slash with a horn?" He asked. "You don't thats the thing. But this wound does look familiar." Alexx said as he looked closely at it. It can't be. Can it? Alexx wondered. "Well let's get this poor girl to the morgue. See what was the cause of death." He said, still looking amazed at the gash. He channeled energy into his horn and carefully lifted the corpse onto his and Star Bolt's back.

********

"All right boys. Thank you for bringing the victim to us. We will examine her and let you know the cause of death in the morning." The mortician said. They set the mare on the table and left the hospital. "So do you think the gash caused her death or what?" Asked Starbolt as they walked away. Alexx shrugged "I don't know. There wasn't much blood loss by the looks of it, and the wound was burned shut as well. I just want to get home to my wife and little filly." Alexx said. "Well whatever it was I can't keep Dashie waiting. See you tomorrow. I had a great time hanging out, just wish it was for happier reasons." Star Bolt said. "Yea me too...WAIT! DASHIE!?" Alexx asked in shock. "Rainbow Dash, yea why?" Star Bolt asked. "Are you.. is she?" "My very special somepony? Yes, yes she is." Star Bolt said with a big grin.

"But how and when did you get with a mare like Rainbow Dash?" "Oh that is a story for another day, say hi to Twilight Sparkle for me." Star Bolt said, waving his hoof as he flew to Rainbow Dash's house. That guy and I are going to get along fine. Alexx thought with a smile. He walked to the library, his home, where Twilight and his daughter, Kana, were. As he walked through the door, something lunged at him and he fell back. "Welcome home papa." Said Kana, hugging him. Alexx got on all fours and hugged her back. "Oh sweetie how I missed you today, and you as well." Alexx said as Twilight approached him.

Twilight gave him a kiss. "So was there another murder today?" She asked. Alexx set Kana aside on the ground. "Kana, sweetie, why don't you go play with Spike while mommy and daddy talk." He told her. "Promise to pway with me after?" She said, with her beautiful eyes. "Of course sweetums." He said giving her a kiss on the forehead. "SPIKE! COME HERE!" As Kana ran into the other room.

"Yes there was another one. Same as the others, a gash across the chest. Everytime though it seems that it is not the cause of death. We cannot figure out what it is though." Alexx said. "Do you have any idea what the weapon could be though, Alexx?" Twilight asked. "I do, but I don't want to believe it." He replied. Twilight put a hoof around Alexx's neck. "Alexx you can tell me anything. We are very special someponies, right?" She asked. Alexx rested his head against Twilight's then gave her a hug. "I-I think it was..." Alexx stuttered for a moment. Twilight gave him a kiss. "It's okay Alexx I think I know what it is." She said, releasing the kiss. "Yea.. I don't believe it either." Alexx replied. In unison they both said.

Lightsaber.

-End Prologue.