• Published 11th May 2012
  • 2,084 Views, 37 Comments

A Sparkle of Love - angryfrenchfry



Trixie finds it hard to realize she has been in love for a while. Can Luna help?

  • ...
9
 37
 2,084

Feeling a Mane

Authors Note: Here it is! Chapter three! Please review and give the story a thumbs up if you enjoy. As far as the next chapter goes, it should be out by Sunday if I'm not too busy. Thank you all for the support!
//End Note\\

When a new pony is affected by a teleportation spell for the first time, it is like being thrown across Equestria while doing back flips at over 100 kilometres an hour. As soon as Luna had her horn lit up, the two were forced through time and space itself. At first, Trixie had both of her eyes shut because she really didn't know what to expect or do during the teleportation. It didn't hurt to be teleported but it made Trixie very dizzy. Luna had the azure magician on her back as she went though the portal-like spell with ease. The princess giggled to herself because of Trixie being afraid and shutting her eyes at full force.

After a small amount of time, Trixie decided that it should be alright if she were to open one of her eyes, just to see what was going on around her. Still being afraid, she slowly opened her left eye. The moment she did, a huge burst of multiple colours shot around in front of her and everything seemed to be going in crazy directions. Whilst still traveling through the spell, Trixie noticed that there were certain images that appeared in front of her and Luna. First, a forest area that was covered in thick trees and swamp water. The unicorn assumed that it was the Everfree Forest, after all, she was just there. The second image was of a small town that had tons of ponies walking along the paths and chatting with friends. Friends...Trixie wanted to have friends in her life. Finally, the third image was of the royal city of Canterlot. High class ponies were trotting through the paved streets and having civilized conversations with one another.

As quickly as it started, the teleportation spell was over and Trixie felt her stomach sink as both herself and Luna appeared inside the Grand Hall of the castle. Trixie tried to focus on anything but her vision was all blurry. She closed her eyes to rest for a brief second. Those things that she saw while teleporting...that must have been the route to Canterlot that Luna took. It all went by so fast that Trixie didn't really believe it. She opened her eyes and saw Luna looking down at her.

"Don't worry about the blurry vision or being dizzy. It's all a small side effect from the spell." Luna help Trixie to her hooves.

"That was certainly...a different way to travel. Trixie will have to make sure to learn that one soon."

"You know," Luna smiled, "You don't have to refer to yourself in third pony, it's alright."

Trixie was a tad surprised. Why was she talking in third pony anyway? She smiled back at Luna and nodded.

"Of course. I'm sorry. I've been doing it for so long that it may have stuck with me." Trixie said.

"It's quite alright. You're with a friend!" Luna happily said.

A what? Trixie was, once again, wide eyed. A friend? Did the Princess of the Night really think of Trixie as a...friend? All she could do was smile. Luna spoke again.

"I'm glad to see you smile, Trixie. Now, do you think you want to start now? Or perhaps you simply want to get familiar with the palace?" She smiled.

"Well, honestly princess, I am exhausted from what has happened tonight. Maybe I'll just have a quick look around and then I'll go to sleep." Trixie said back.

"Not a problem!" Luna jumped up a bit, "Follow me and I'll show you to where you can sleep, then you can go around and check things out."

Luna lead Trixie down the Great Hall towards a corridor that lead off toward a whole bunch of rooms. The unicorn didn't realize that this place was so big. She hoped that she wouldn't get lost in the place. Down another big hall, Luna was quiet for the most part besides explaining some basic things about the palace. They both passed a room with its door open. Inside was a group of fillies and colts that couldn't of been more then 7 years of age. There were earn ponies, Pegasus, and unicorns alike. It was a classroom of sorts and at the front of the group was an older looking unicorn that was teaching all of the little ponies about the castle and how they could grow up in Canterlot. Trixie assumed that this was a special, private schooling for richer ponies.

Still going along the hall, Trixie looked through every door that was open. Some were for storage, there were libraries in lots of them and some were guard barracks. Going up more stairs carpeted with red, Trixie noticed something at the far end of the room. Squinting her eyes to try and see, she realized it was not something. It was somepony! Or rather, two ponies. She recognized the bigger white one as the bigger of the royal sisters. Princess Celestia was standing by a big window talking with, somepony. Trixie couldn't see who it was due to Celestias body blocking her sight, but she could tell that he...or she was purple. Purple? Trixie panicked for a moment. Luna didn't see that Celestia had somepony with her so she didn't take notice to Trixies hesitation to step forward. Princess Celestia turned toward Luna and Trixie entering the room. Walking to them, she reviled who was with her.

Twilight Sparkle stepped beside her mentor and looked at Luna and an azure unicorn entering the room. Trixie. Twilight was shocked. Why on earth was she in Canterlot with Luna? Though Twilight wanted to speak up, she kept her mouth shut for now.

"My dearest sister!" Luna shouted while greeting Celestia. "And Twilight Sparkle, so very nice to see you as well."

"Good evening Luna. I did not know that you were brining...company." Celestia said looking down at a scared Trixie.

"I will tell you about it tonight, sister," Luna spoke, "Trust me, this is all for a good cause."

"Good cause?!?" Twilight suddenly spoke, "I'm sorry princess but what good cause can come from Trixie being here? She humiliated my friends."

"Twilight, please, calm down." Luna spoke.

"How can I? She is a bully, Celestia." Twilight went down to her haunches and crossed her hooves.

Celestia looked down at Twilight and then back to Trixie. There was only one thing that the sun princess noticed when her eyes were on the former magician. Trixie was looking at Twilight with big eyes and a nervous smile. Celestia knew that look for a long time. She turned her gaze away from Trixie and went down to Twilight to whisper to her.

"Twilight, give her one more chance. For me?" She whispered.

"But princess...she..." Twilight sighed, "Alright princess. But I don't trust her."

"I think you might soon enough." Celestia winked at the book pony. Twilight noticed but had no time to react.

"Very well, Luna. Tell me about what you intend later. I will see you around the castle, Trixie." One again, Celestia winked. Celestia made her way toward her private chambers and Luna turned toward Twilight.

"Twilight, could you do me a favour? Show Trixie to her room, please? It's by the east tower." She asked.

"Fine..." Twilight got up from sitting and motioned Trixie to follow her. Luna went toward Celestias room to explain to her the plan about Trixie.

Trixie sighed a little bit but followed Twilight at a slower pace. She looked back at Luna who was just smiling back at her. The purple unicorn made her way down a hall toward the east tower and Trixie followed behind her. Twilight didn't like this, but if the princesses think that this is worth while, then she would have to go along with it. As long as that magician didn't try anything, Twilight would stay out of her way.

Twilight stopped. Deciding that she needed to know what Trixie was up to. Why she was here and what she wanted. The unicorn turned around and faced Trixie. The azure pony didn't know how to react to that. So they just stared at each other for a few seconds before Twilight broke the silence and corned Trixie by the wall.

"Listen Trixie! I don't know why Princess Luna brought you here or what you are up to, but I don't trust you!" Her voice was raised.

Face to face and inches apart, Trixie started into Twilights eyes. Beautiful. Along with her eyes, Trixie was so close to her nice, colourful mane. Not knowing how to really control herself, Trixie brought her hoof up and brushed it through Twilights hair. The librarian pony was shocked. Why would Trixie do that? She pushed Trixie back and looked at her in disgust.

"What are you doing?" Twilight said stepping back.

"I'm sorry...you just have a nice mane." Trixie looked down at the ground. She then, not knowing what to do, ran towards the east tower and was out of sight in 30 seconds. Twilight was dumbfounded. What had just happened? She tried not to think about it and turned around to go toward the castle exit and the Canterlot Inn. She had to stay and find out what was going on.

Trixie slammed the door shut behind her. She was now in her own guest quarters and was breathing heavily. Why had she done that? Not that it wasn't nice...but...but it was just a silly thing to do!

It felt nice though...I hope she doesn't hate me. I need to be honest with myself. I like Twilight Sparkle. Trixie thought to herself and smiled at the that.

As soon as she was ready, the azure unicorn went over to the bed and pulled the covers over her. It was going to be a long period of time before she had learnt a lot from Luna. She was so grateful that Luna was doing this for her. She let loose the fireflies that were lighting up the room and closed her eyes. All night long, she dreamed about Twilight and herself, being together in the glistening winter, hoping that it would become a reality.