• Published 11th May 2012
  • 2,083 Views, 37 Comments

A Sparkle of Love - angryfrenchfry



Trixie finds it hard to realize she has been in love for a while. Can Luna help?

  • ...
9
 37
 2,083

Thinking Things Through

Isolation. Alone. Forgotten. Abandoned. Hated. These words have gone through her head ever since that night in Ponyville. Where she was humiliated, out shined, laughed at. If it that other unicorn hadn't been there, she would have still been a performer and still be famous. It was all that purple unicorns fault! She intruded! This azure coloured unicorn was supposed to be the best pony in all of Equestria! She was supposed to be the most powerful! Instead, she was trotting slowly along the dirt path next to the Everfree Forest. Her head was hung low and if anypony were to look closely, they would see small tears forming under her eyes.

The past week had been a living nightmare for Trixie. She had been forgotten all around Equestria. Now marked as a fake and show off. It was horrible. Had she really been that much of a bad pony? She had always tried her best to be loved and appreciated by her fans. She gave them what they wanted to see and it felt great to be a travelling magician. When she was just a young filly, growing up in Manehatten, she had the biggest fascination in magic and she tried to learn a lot from her mother and father. The moment that she got a part in a school play was the day that she realized that she wanted to be a performer. The rush that the roaring applause gave to her was amazing! As soon as she was old enough, Trixie left her home and made her way to the next city over to try her luck at magic tricks.

TRIXIE'S FIRST SHOW

The air was warmer then normal, it being Autumn. The leaves all over the city were falling down lightly to the path in front of an azure unicorn. Trixie had travelled throughout the night to get to this new city. It was going to be her first show and she was so excited to show off to the entire city. Her skills would go unmatched!

Seeing as this was her first show ever as a magician, she did not have any fancy trailers or any money for a taxi ride. It was sure a long walk from Manehatten all the way to Trottingham, but Trixie knew it was worth it.

She arrived in the town square and there were tons of earth ponies, Pegasus', and unicorns alike. They were all doing normal pony business like chatting, eating and some were selling local goods. Trixie looked around and observed the place in great detail. There was a magnificent fountain in the middle and the fresh mist that it formed drew around Trixie and made her feel really confident and good to be in the town. Without a second thought, she made her way over toward the fountain and got up onto the ledge of it. She looked around once more and cleared her throat.

“Citizens of Trottingham!” She spoke with great force, “I am the Great and Powerful Trixie! And I am here amaze and entertain you!” A crowd started to gather around the fountain with looks of confusion, but also smiles appeared in the audience. Trixie gave a glare and smiled in confidence.

“Prepare yourselves, for the most spectacular magic ever witnessed to pony eyes! You will not believe what you see here today! Is there anypony who wants to question my power?” She asked the ponies in front of her. Silence.

Trixie took the looks on their faces as a signal to continue her show. It was going very well so far. The magicians horn light up in a blue-white colour and out of nowhere multi-colour fireworks flew up into the sky and exploded into shapes like hearts, stars, and a magic wand. The crowd look in awe as Trixie performed. She then turned her horn towards the water in the fountain. Her horn lit up once more and the water shook and began to take shape of a pony! It ran around the edge of the fountain and jumped up to the top before exploding into sparkling water that went back into the fountain. The crowd cheered loudly and gave hoof stomps to applaud the fantastic performance. Trixie smiled and took a bow at her glorious fans. She had for sure won over the appreciation of the entire town. This was only the beginning to her fabulous career as the best magician in all of Equestria!

PRESENT DAY

Trixie fell to her knees and sobbed some more. Her mind was a mess and her physical features like her mane and coat where dirty and ragged. She was still wearing her cape with stars on it. It was soaking wet due to the light rain that had begun above her. It actually kind of felt nice on her mane. The spray on her face was refreshing and relaxing. It reminded her of when she was younger. Always loving the rain. Her sobbing had calmed down a little bit but she was still very sad. The fact that she had been shown up in that town was so humiliating. Trixie didn't want to think about it.

She looked up from the ground and into the sky. It was a beautiful night out. The stars in the sky were alined in a perfect way that made it bright up the rain that was pouring down. The moon. The great, big glistening moon. Trixie hadn’t payed much attention to the royal sisters of Equestria because she had to focus on her career. She had to admit that that the moon was beautiful tonight. Looking up at the entire night sky, actually made her feel a lot better about this whole mess of a situation.

“Trixie really has lost her ways...” She sighed and looked back down towards her hooves, “It's all that unicorns fault! What was her name? Twinkle? Twarkle? Tw...Tw...Twilight! It's Twilight's fault! With her magic and her so called skills and her nice mane! Wait...”

Trixie went wide-eyed for a good 30 seconds because of what she had just said. Her nice mane? Why in all of Equestria did she just say that? There is nothing good about Twilight! She is evil and ride and made Trixie what she is right now! There was no what that Trixie could have said and thought that she had a nice mane. Well, Trixie did have to admit it was nice...wait, no she didn't! Trixie decided to push that thought out of her head. It was insane!

It was getting much more late out as the moon had reached the highest point in the sky. She had to find somewhere to stay. A place to sleep and a place to think about what to do next. Trixie looked to her left at the sight of the Everfree Forest. It was dark, scary and dangerous. She looked over to her right and saw nothing but open fields. She was on the outskirts of Ponyville and knew that she couldn't go back there. There was only one option: the forest.

The caped unicorn sighed and held her breath. She knew that this was the only way she could find some sort of safe haven...maybe. It was better then nothing. A part of her defiantly didn't want to go into the darkness ahead of her but the other part said that it would be exciting. Not really knowing what to think, she let out her breath and cautiously trotted into the trees.

It's even darker in here then it was out there! The dumb trees don\t help either! Trixie thought to herself as she slowly crept along the forest floor. She was trying to find some sort of a clearing or cave so that she could rest but she knew that most of the caves in this place were occupied by...well bigger things.

“How on earth am I going to find a place to sleep when I can't even see my own hoof in front of me?” Trixie said aloud.

Her mind wondered on a way to try and make this easier on herself. Nothing came to mind except...wait! A spell that she had taught herself so long ago. It was supposed to make a burst of light that could go out for miles! That was it! Only one problem...Trixie couldn't remember how to do it. Her one chance of being able to see in this darn place and she couldn't remember! Angry, the unicorn turned to the nearest tree and let out a big buck with her hind legs right on the trunk of it. The tree shook and a few leaves actually fell off. She wasn't done though. Another buck to the same tree caused some of the bark to become loose. Trixie kept kicking as hard as she could at the tree. A dent started to form as she let out all of her rage. Out of breath and out of strength, Trixie fell to her haunches and started to cry once more. Now, she was humiliated, forgotten and lost! Why didn't she listen to the other part of her instincts and stayed out of the forest?

After countless minutes of crying in the dirt and rain, Trixie finally calmed down a little bit enough to get her footing and become aware of her surroundings. She looked around to see if she could spot anything in the dense darkness and forest, but nothing came into sight. The unicorn took a few steps forward and was greeted by the sight. Kind of a strange sight but nothing really mattered right now. Trixie was quite hungry and actually had a weird craving for an apple. As she was about to lean down and take it in her mouth, it reminded her of somepony that she thought that she had met before, and recently.

It was during her performance in Ponyville. When she had been saying, what appeared to be now, rude things to the crowd. It was then that she challenged anypony to try and top her skills. Now that she remembered that, it was so...so selfish of her. An orange pony, it looked like she worked on a farm by the way she wore that hat of hers, tried to impress everypony with rope tricks. Instead of being a good sport, all Trixie did was tie her up and shove a red apple in her mouth.

“Dear Celestia, is this really what I've become?” Trixie put her head in her hooves. “Selfish? Rude? A bully?”

Trixie had always been so determined to be the best magician in all of Equestria that she had lost her ways of being nice, fun, grateful...loving. She couldn't believe this. The mare simply went into a state of speechlessness. Not knowing how to understand or what to do now that she had realized what she really had become. How could she not have noticed this earlier? She could of had wonderful friendships and relations. Instead, all Trixie got was a big ego and a magic wand.

She looked up at the apple in front of her, she was sorry for what she had done to that poor, hard working farm pony. The circle of six friends that had challenged her were right to humiliate her. The one who actually vanquished that Ursa...Twilight. She was most of all sorry to her. All Trixie wanted to do now, was have a chance to apologize. To make things a bit better. That purple unicorn did nothing to deserve Trixie's boasting. Maybe, maybe if Trixie found a way to say sorry, they might become friends. But that only be a dream. Having real friends would be a privilege for Trixie. The unicorn giggled to herself and smiled. After all, Twilight did have a nice mane.

Author's Note:

PLEASE NOTE: This story takes place between the episodes 'Boast Busters' and 'A Canterlot Wedding Part 1&2'. The episode 'Magic Duel' does not apply to this story. Twilight is not an Alicorn.