• Published 22nd Mar 2015
  • 2,072 Views, 58 Comments

The Courier's Journal - RF and AG



Luna reminisces over a lost friend by reading his journal. A Fallout Crossover

  • ...
5
 58
 2,072

Journal 1

House

Robert House.

Robert House is dead.

I killed him in that tube of his and gave him a quick death. The man that saved Vegas, built New Vegas, and claimed the city had died by the barrel of my gun.

I could have left him to rot slowly out of that tube, that thing that kept him alive. He would breath the dirty air of this world, the air we had all be born into to while he had only been fed pure air. He would have died a slow and painful death, racked with the ‘impurities’ that this world carried. A death no man should be allowed to endure.

Yet a death that only he deserved.

Pity, perhaps? Perhaps I was being soft on him, showing a side that I didn’t all too often show. Giving someone the ability to no longer feel pain, such a blessing that few get to feel.

I followed up with Yes Man, the only thing left to allow me to let New Vegas be free. Well, the only thing left on this side of the river. He said that all I needed to do was upgrade the Securitrons. It would be the final part of the plan, he said. In time, I said.

There were still things to do.

The Houses on the strip were all secure and allied to my cause, Primm and Goodsprings were independent once more and the Followers and the Kings were rebuilding Freeside. It would appear that all would soon be fine among the Mojave.

There is only one thing left to do, something that would change our world forever.

Caesar needs to die.

That … that would be part of the endgame. The final part of the puzzle that needed to be finished. Not yet, though. It is not his time to die yet, for when he dies, the bull will roar and charge.

By my hand, Caesar will meet his fate. By my hand, the Legion will fall and crumble to dust. By my hand, the Mojave will be free.

I had to keep telling myself to wait, to tie up the loose ends before I committed myself to his destruction.

A few drunk soldiers on the strip mentioned a caravan going north to a valley. There are supposedly people up there that are in need of supplies. Normally, I wouldn’t have been interested in what a caravan was doing, but another name got mentioned amongst the talk; The Burned Man. I’d heard the stories, much like anyone else that knew of the Legion. A former Legate, made example of by Caesar after losing the first battle at Hoover Dam, burned to a crisp as he was tossed into the Grand Canyon.

Rumours of his survival were nothing new, but to hear that he might actually be real is something that needs to be checked out.

In the morning, I will make my way to the Caravan’s camp and ask to join. If they know who I am then they will accept, if not … I need to be apart of that caravan.

Author's Note:

We pick up midway through the game. The Courier's path is chosen. What will happen next?



I would have started from the beginning but damn that would have been a long story.