• Published 22nd Mar 2015
  • 2,726 Views, 199 Comments

Autumn - Domaldo



Robert, a man in his early thirties, gets transported to Equestria. But this isn't your typical pony land, for a darker force is trying to take over. Can he help the ponies survive? or will their world Starve?

  • ...
10
 199
 2,726

Mad Mare Makes a Mess and the Portal Pukes Piles of Paraphernalia

Castle Ruins, Night

After the strange creatures left the ponies, Twilight’s curiosity only grew stronger for the odd contraptions.

“Well, he only said touch,” the purple mare assured herself while she approached the machinery. But before she could examine it, a pink mare stepped in front of her, blocking her path.

“Nuh uh Twilight, I'm sure he warned us about them for a reason!” insisted Pinkie Pie, trying to make her friend wary of the machines.

“I promise not to touch them, but there is nothing wrong with taking a closer look.” She circled around the other mare, getting closer to the nearest machine.

“Besides, what kind of harm ca–” That is as much as she said before entering the Science Machine’s field of knowledge.

As the ideas flowed into her mind, her brain was working overtime to try and figure out what exactly was going on.

Before long, she had a wide, WIDE grin plastered on her face.

“Well, this is… interesting!” A gleam could be seen shimmering in her large lavender eyes.

“Uh, Twah? Yah alright there?” one of her friends asked her, afraid of what might happen.

Pinkie Pie, however, made sure to herd the other ponies as far away from Twilight as possible, with her tail twitching frantically.

Twilight began to chant to herself, giggling at her own crazy train of thought. Even Shining Armor knew this was bad, but decided against going to his sister. Last time, trying to stop her only made it worse.

“Just let her cool off, girls, and she will be fine,” he attempted to reassure the group. It did absolutely nothing, for Twilight had crafted herself a hammer from the machines.

“DO YOU KNOW WHAT TIME IT IS?!” she asked the group, the hammer held high in her purple aura.

“Uh, its nig-” Rainbow began, only for the sound of stones clashing together to cut her off. The Science Machine lived a good life.

At this point, the pink mare made up her mind and called out to the human.


Robert’s POV, Castle Ruins, Night


“…Crap...” Crap crap crap crap CRAP!

I ran as fast as I possibly could after the voice of the pink mare.

I almost tripped once or twice along the stone floors, but eventually made it back to…

Oh..

…OH NO…!!!

“TWILIGHT! FOR THE LOVE OF EVERYTHING SCIENTIFIC, PUT THE HAMMER DOWN!!!” I all but yelled at the pony, stopping her mid-swing from destroying the last of my machines.

She looked at me, then to the ‘Prestihatitator’, then back at me before realization hit her harder than.. noo, I still think she clobbered my poor contraptions harder. There was nothing but rubble left for crying out loud!

As she looked back at me, I began to notice a few things wrong with this picture.

All the other horses stood away from her, with their rumps to the wall as if to avoid her, probably manic, rampage. Then was the pony herself; her hair was disheveled, and she was covered in soot from her neck down throughout her purple fur.

As the violet aura encompassing the hammer dissipated, it clattered to the ground, leaving a very confused and scared mare backing away from me.

“I-I…” she tried to form the words, but she just kept staring at me, on the verge of tears. And I am standing here, trying to figure out what the hell was happening.

Before she could shed a single tear, I sighed while relaxing my posture. “I can always rebuild them later.”

That seemed to calm her down, albeit only a little.

“Y-you a-are not m-mad?” she asked me shakily. I simply nodded. I mean LOOK AT HER FACE, I would feel bad if I made THAT FACE cry!

“Look, as much as it pains me to see my machines destroyed, they are just that. I can rebuild them later, just please stop trying to hammer down my Prestihatitator, I would greatly appreciate it.” I half joked at her, stopping her from going emotional and earning a blush.

“That’s a stupid name!” said the rainbow maned mare, I agreed.

“I like it!” Why is it always the pink one?

“Ok, erm, Wilson? I am sorry for breaking your machines, I-I, I don’t know what came over me,” she apologized, and I honestly think it was enough. Not even I understand them that well, to be honest.

“It is quite alright, just... don’t do it again,” I said as I smiled at her, and she took it with a relaxing breath.

“I’ll find a way to make it up to you,” the mare said, determination plastered on her purple face. Which reminds me...

"You can start by handing me back my amulet," I told her, and she reluctantly complied.

"I still want to get a good look at it," she said with a pout, me chucking the amulet in my red, tattered vest. Ah that feels good, so odd but safe.

"And you will, but not right now, it's getting late and I'm pretty sure after the whole hounds thing we all are very tired," I said, and received a nod from all the ponies, lizard, and erm, zebra.

"And we all are grateful mister, we misjudged you," the cowboy hat wearing mare said as I gratefully nodded.

"Hey, now that we found him we can show him to the Princesses!" Princesses? There is royalty in this world?

I began to ponder, they must have authority to have those titles and to send these ponies to find me. I will give it a shot, hopefully when we meet there will be more answers than questions.

"Hmm, sure I can go see your princesses, but can it wait? I mean it's almost midnight."

The ponies beamed, most of them agreeing with tired faces. Then the leader of the small army added, "We need to go as soon as possible, for we were tasked to finding whatever anomaly was in the Everfree. Which, in this case, turned out to be you, I'm sure you understand?"

"Yeah, we can go tomorrow if that's alright, just need to check some things," I told him. And with that we said our goodbyes, hopefully everything will turn out better tomorrow.

"Bye mister scientist!" I chuckled at Pinkie, that mare is so, I don't know, makes you feel happy just by being around her.

After they left me to my own devices, or more like what was left of them, I began to ponder. What was going on!? SERIOUSLY!

WHY HAS EVERYTHING BEEN SO WEIRD LATELY?!

Ugh, just, backtrack a little. I somehow ended up in this weird place; I am honestly going to consider calling it another world, it is filled with magical, intelligent, talking, and quite cute ponies. Not to mention the weird, but really useful, machines and contraptions I somehow managed to build with the new knowledge that appeared in my mind the moment I got here.

I have didn’t mess up my first encounter; in fact, I prevented a town from being massacred thanks to the mysterious drum... that I no longer had…

What was it anyways? I mean sure it allowed me to summon a “God” of black, one-eyed midg-er, Patapons. But how and why it even got here eludes me. The portal was made as a way out! Not a way in!

Was he just a random coincidence? No, I am a man of SCIENCE! I do not, must not, WILL NOT believe in coincidences!

There is something crucial I am missing, and I MUST find answers to it!

I began my trek back to the portal, walking sluggishly because I was very tired. Still though, there it gle-

Why is there a pile of junk coming out of it?! WHAT THE HELL!?

“HEY, stop puking out random junk!” I yelled as I ran to it. I shut it down and the flow of garbage stopped.

The portal winked out, leaving a crazy amount of things and objects and such. This was going to be a problem, a big, messy problem. They must have some connection to that “God” that helped the ponies not get mauled by an army of hounds.

Well, no better time than the present! Let’s see, what do we have here?

A metal keychain of a skull with spikes protruding from the eye and nose holes, the words ‘Soul Eater. Sword for hire’ engraved on the back of it. A bluish-black scale, seven inches long, shaped like a leaf and razor sharp. A black, feather shaped throwing knife with a six inch blade. A small crystal figure shaped like a fire axe. A perfectly cut black diamond, shiny! And many, many pieces of junk that look like they belong in a gift shop.

Oh, and did I mention touching most of them blurted out a very pretentious message? There was this Holy Grail that just kept screaming in my head about these “Servants”, I honestly was tempted to just chuck it back into the portal the moment it began.

But this also opened a new door of possibilities, maybe I can try and summon another one to see if they can explain better what on Darwin’s name is going on!

“Gah! I need a break from this madness!” And now I’m talking to myself…

Well, my castle is in complete disorder, but I’m too tired to do anything about it. I can sort out my machines and the piles of junk, gems and teeth later.

Right now I need my sleep; I lose my mind when I don’t get some rest.