• Published 22nd Mar 2015
  • 2,726 Views, 199 Comments

Autumn - Domaldo



Robert, a man in his early thirties, gets transported to Equestria. But this isn't your typical pony land, for a darker force is trying to take over. Can he help the ponies survive? or will their world Starve?

  • ...
10
 199
 2,726

"Say pal, you don't look so good..."

Ponyville, Morning


Ponies where awaking from their sleep, some ready for the day, others groggily and in dire need of coffee. Most of them had jobs to do, things to see, ponies to meet. Basically, a day as normal as the town was peaceful.

*snort* “Yeah right”

OY! PINKIE, WHAT DID I TELL YOU ABOUT READING MY PARAGRAPHS!?

“Aww, you are no fun mister author!” DOES IT LOOK LIKE I CARE!?

“Who are you talking to Pinkie?” GREAT, NOW TWILIGHT SAW YOU, DO YOU SEE WHAT YOU HAVE DONE!? FIX IT!

“Oh nothing Twilight”

“just talking to a meeanie” I CAN CREATE AND DELETE YOU YOUNG PONY!

“Oh yeah? PROVE IT!”


Everfree Forest, Robert’s POV


“HEY, NOT FARE!” DON’T CARE!


“HUH?!?”

I could have sworn I heard a girl say something; well at least I was awake, still wearing my amulet.

Ugh, my body felt sore, probably from sleeping in the ground. I stood up and stretched my arms and legs, while also getting a satisfying crack from my back.

As I looked towards the smoking remains of my fire shoot to the sky, I wondered why no one had come to find me yet, was I really that far away from any town or form of civilization?

I shook those thoughts from my head; I needed to stay positive if I wanted to find my way back home. Deciding to climb the nearest tree, which proved easy considering how piney it was, I managed to get a good look at the sun, and oriented myself.

I looked north, and I saw something beautiful.

A beautiful palace placed on the side of a lonely mountain, it was a sight to behold. But no matter how breathtaking the view was, it was far, far away. That and the fact that I’d never heard of such a thing anywhere on Earth, much less in the U.S, made me feel uneasy, where was I?

I told myself that question yesterday, and I was going to stick to my word, today I had to find out.

Looking backwards I saw something big. It looked manmade, for the shapes it made where too complicated for it to be a giant rock in the distance.

Good, a place which would probably offer a roof over my head. I climbed down from the tree, but slipped and fell hard on the ground, it hurt.

I groaned, running a hand through my-

HOLD ON A SECOND, wasn’t I wearing a wig?!

“…what the…” I pulled at what I thought was my wig, only for it to be painful for my head. Did someone glue the darn wig to my head!?

No, I ran a hand through my entire head, unable to find any sort of restriction or adhesive, my hair now looked like my wig, and I looked ridiculous.

“… This is too weird but too harmless for me,” I told myself, seeing no problem in the extra hair, I could always cut it if it became an issue.

I kept walking for a while in the general direction of the structure I had found, making sure I didn’t get lost in this dense forest. Everything looked so wrong about it, the trees, the plants, I even thought I saw some green eyes looking at me through the bushes, but as soon as I got close they would disappear. After half an hour or so, I encountered a problem.

A river was in my way.

The current seemed relatively calm, but I didn’t know how deep it was. Taking a stick from nearby, I carefully placed it down inside of the river. It sunk very little before it touched something.

Good, if I was careful enough, I might be ab-

*SPLASH* *ROAAAAAAAAR*

“…”

I screamed like a girl roared in a manly fashion while backing away from the beast. What in the name of Darwin WAS THAT!?

No time to think, just run, run, RUN!

And for what felt like hours I ran. Before I knew it I was gasping for air, and lost.

“Oh for the love of-” I fell to my knees and screamed to the sky “-WHERE ON EARTH AM I!?!”


Outskirts of the Everfree, Fluttershy’s Cottage


It was late in the morning, and Fluttershy had already gone to her home to tend for her animals. She expected to have a nice, peaceful, uneventful evening until Twilight had the approval of the Princess to go search for whatever caused her to be concerned. She needed to pack some supplies and meet at the entrance to the Everfree to go with her friends.

She did not expect to see new animals coming to her home.

She also did not expect them to be a new species.

“And who might you be little guy?” She crouched down while she sweetly asked the innocent looking creature.

It appeared to be a normal rabbit with a brown coat, if you were blind enough to miss the small antlers grown on its head.

The Jackalope turned around to look at her. She took a small step back, for its eyes where completely white, something very unusual for a creature. It immediately ran away to hide on a hole in the ground, one she didn’t remember existed.

“It’s ok, I’m not going to hurt you,” she whispered into the hole before backing away to let the creature meet her.

“Don’t worry, I just want to be your friend,” she told it once it exited the hole. It approached her cautiously, but once they got close enough to each other she petted it and soon made quick friends.

“Aw, you are such a nice rabbit, you should meet Angel, I bet you’ll get along just fine,” she told the small critter, going to her home to retrieve the supplies for the trip ahead.


Everfree’s entrance, early afternoon


“Alright girls, as you all know, Princess Celestia gave us a new task,” Twilight was met with nods of approval from her friends.

“And even though it is to look for something neither of us knows what it is, or what it looks like, I’m confident we will succeed, for our friendship can overcome anything!” She exclaimed positively, sure that her friends could win over anything thrown at them, after all they defeated a god not too long ago.

With their heads held high, their spirits up, and Pinkie Pie behaving-

“I’m still mad at you!” SHUTYOURHORSEMOUTH!

-they entered the forest, slightly questioning their pink friend's sanity.