• Published 22nd Mar 2015
  • 2,724 Views, 199 Comments

Autumn - Domaldo



Robert, a man in his early thirties, gets transported to Equestria. But this isn't your typical pony land, for a darker force is trying to take over. Can he help the ponies survive? or will their world Starve?

  • ...
10
 199
 2,724

'The Birds and the Bees & Dogs That Want to Kill You'

Everfree Forest, Morning

A big group of ponies, dragon and zebra where traversing the dense forest. The elements of harmony, the zebra and dragon we all know far too well.

But there, at the front of the group, was the Captain of the guard, two of his soldiers flanking him, while three more where trotting behind the group of mares.

“So where do ya’ll reckon we’ll find it?” Asked the farm pony towards the group.

“Well, have you ever seen it before?” Asked Shining back at the mare.

“Uh, we saw it somewhere around the crooked trees, where the, erm, graveyard was…” Said the dragon, unsure if he should have said that or not.

Almost all ponies present flinched, but the zebra, party pony and captain kept their composure.

“Graveyard? I never knew you had one so deep in the Everfree” Said one of the pegasus guards.

“We don’t” Replied the purple unicorn mare. At this point the guard’s eyes opened wide.

“Specially not one that says ‘Milk, eggs and bacon’” Said the pink pony, cheerful as ever, while pointing towards one of the graves.

The guards and their captain stared incredulously at the mare, before realizing she was right. This also meant they entered the same graveyard as before.

“C’mon everypony, last time it ran that way!” Said Dash, while pointing at the direction of the Castle and flying towards it.

“Woah there kiddo! We are here to protect you! And we can’t do that if you speed past us like that” Said the pegasus guard from before, while flying in front of the mares path, keeping her from flying further.

“Hey what gives!?”

“Rainbow, remember when ah had to pull yeh out from them spiders?” Reminded Applejack, scolding her with a look.

“Yeah, yeah, thanks again by the way” She replied back sincerely, while flying close to her friends.

*snicker* *whispering*

“What’s so funny?” Asked Dash indignantly.

“Spiders?” Asked the unicorn guard who was laughing.

“Hey, give her a break Go Fish, maybe she is arachnophobic!”

“If you were there, then maybe you would understand!” Replied the embarrassed mare.

“Oh please, what’s so scary about spi-?” *thack* *thack* *thack* “-huh?”

“What in Equestria?” She tried to get her hooves unstuck from the webbed forest floor, before a very peculiar sound was heard:

*HIISSSSSSSSSSSSS* *HIIIIIIISSSAAAARAAAHHHGGGGGGGG* *HHHHHHAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAASSSSHHH* *HISSSSSSSSSSSAAAAAAAARRRHHHGGGGGGG* *RAAAAAAAAASHHHHHGG*

“EEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEKKKK” She screamed while dozens of giant spiders appeared from three massive dens.

The pegasus guard dove in and got her out from the webbing swiftly before any of the spiders got close enough to harm her.

“Behind me!” Ordered their captain, before lighting up his horn and creating a solid, purple shield to separate them from the giant arachnids.

The spiders recoiled from the light, and crawled back to their dens.

“You were saying?” Said the rainbow maned mare, getting an annoyed glance from the guard.

“Gee sis, you weren’t kidding about something being wrong with the forest” Said Shining, before the group regained formation and continued to walk in the direction of the castle.

“Not, one, word, Stonewing”

*muffled giggles*

Robert’s POV, Castle Ruins, Early Morning

I was almost too excited to sleep last night I just had to wake up as early as possible.

I went to the magic station and saw what I needed. Hmm, well, everything seems doable, but where the hell was I going to get a couple of crows?

I’m not giving up! I went to the engine, and found a bird trap that would serve me well.

Wasting no time I used some of my giant pile of silk and made the trap. I placed it outside, and rigged it.

After waiting for some time, an unlucky crow got caught. Good, now I need one more.

The next bird I trapped was red, dam.

“Well, sorry about that, here you go” I said as I set the bird free.

After one more try I finally managed to trap the next crow, and brought them inside.

Alright, I plucked some feathers, and then tied the two birds together.

I made a mix with the feathers, ashes and some of my berries. Then I had to, huh?

Well, whatever, the amulet will take care of that.

I made a small cut on my hand, letting the blood drip down and added it to the mix. I watched in amazement at how quickly the small cut healed.

Now that this strange mix was done, I needed to make the frame of the portal.

I then crafted a small bag with some grass and chucked the crows inside before closing it.

I didn’t know what the fuck I was doing, but I let the aura of knowledge flow into me enough to know this is how it must be done.

After an hour or so, I managed to get all the parts done. I used some of my stones to make the base of the frame. Then refined my wood and made the rest.

Using some of my leftover wood, I crafted the wheels and gears it needed.

Then I crafted a wooden scale, putting the mix on the right side, and placed the bag with the crows on the left side.

I was on fire today!

Then I began assembly, a pain in the ass, but still worth it.

The wheels were placed, the contraption was made, and strange things grew from the top of it.

Again I had to take a moment and question what the hell I had built. But that didn’t take long for I was dying to turn it on. I threw the switch, and watched the machine start up with wonder.

Yes! I can finally get out of this f-

*Pata*

*thump*


Castle Ruins

The group of ponies, dragon and zebra stumbled upon the castle’s entrance. After their encounter with the spiders on the forest, the guards where very wary.

Carefully, they entered the ruins. Inside, was a sight to behold.

There where various machines and weird contraptions sprawled across the throne room, all of them having some motion to them.

There where piles of rocks, logs, gold, grass, sticks and silk around them. It was an awful mess.

“What in Equestria is going on here?” Twilight whispered to herself, the group agreeing upon looking at the chaos before them.

A random butterfly fluttered by.

Then there was this ominous noise coming from deeper within the castle, surpassing the sounds the machines where making.

They stayed quiet, slowly approaching the way towards the new noise.

Before long, they encountered a new contraption. It looked like a giant portal, and before it stood a creature.

Its shape was bipedal, it had a black wavy mane with an odd shape, and was clad in tattered, but once handsome, dapper clothing.

It seemed to be staring at the machine with wonder, while the wheels and gears of it turned faster and faster. When the noise it was making reached its peak, an object shot out of the portal, made a strange drum sound colliding with the creature’s face, and both fell to the ground with a loud ‘thump’.

“…”

“Well, that happened…” Said Pinkie Pie, perfectly depicting the entire group’s current thoughts.

“Erm, yeah, yeah it did…” Said one of the guards.

“Then, what are you waiting for? Grab it!” Ordered their captain, quickly getting his troops out of their daze.

“What about the drum?” Asked one of the guards who wasn’t carrying the creature.

“Bring it too, but don’t let it get close to the drum, we don’t know what they are capable of”
He commanded.


Ponyville, Afternoon

It was near dusk before the group arrived back at the town. They were quickly met by the guards, but upon seeing their captain, they let them pass with the odd creature on their backs.

They all met up at the town’s library, so that they could take a closer look at the strange being.

To help pass the time until it woke up, Twilight, Zecora and Shining began to inspect the creature, making Spike write down as much as he could.

Meanwhile, Pinkie pulled out a board game and set it on top of the drum, producing the same *pata* sound as before. She started playing checkers with one of the guards, who lost quickly and another took his place.

“What?! How did you do that?!” He asked her surprised.

“She is Pinkie Pie darling, just don’t question it” Answered Rarity, getting various nods of approval.

Twilight first casted some diagnostic spells to it. This thing was odd, since it lacked the magic most sentient beings usually had in Equestria. After looking at the creature, few things where obvious. It wasn’t anything Equis had ever seen, or at least ever recorded in history. It was also a male and judging by his clothing plus the odd machinery found within the castle, a very smart one. He appeared to be wearing something around his neck, but before anypony or zebra could do anything, he began to stir.

“Um, I think he might be waking up” Said Twilight to everypony in the vicinity.

The guards quickly stepped in, making sure to position themselves so they could neutralize him if he turned out to be hostile.


Robert's POV

“Guh, erm… what… what happened…?” I muttered out loud.

Why does the ground feel different...

And why do I feel like someone is whaAAAAAAAARRHHH!??!?!

“GAHHH-!” *thump* “-…ow…” FUCK, my HEAD!

As I rubbed my abused head from front to back, I realized I was being talked to.

“Ugh, just… give me a second I can’t even think right now…” I muttered weakly, hoping my amulet would heal my poor skull quickly.

“I said IDENTIFY YOURSELF!” A commanding voice shouted at my face, what an asshole.

Erm, should I tell it to fuck off, my real name, or lie?

“Eh, you can call me Wilson” I stated simply, remembering my cosplay's name.

“The gentleman scientist at your service” I added with a small bow.

What? It’s better than nothing!

After I regained more of my senses I realized I was surrounded by horses in some expensive looking armor wielding spears pointed at me.

I jumped back when one of the horses, a purple one without armor or a weapon, got straight in my face.

“How are you doing that?” She stated simply.

“What are you…”

“You had hit your head when we first found you, but there is no bruise anymore”

Oh yeah, I did didn't I? Wait, how did I-

“And right now after you hit your head again I’m sensing some magic healing it as we speak”

“Wait, you said I hit my head when you found me, did YOU have something to do with that?!” I asked her.

“Uh, you don’t remember?” She asked back.

Wait, I do, I was building my portal, and when it turned on…

“Heh, I do now, soo where is the thing that hit me?” I asked, I needed to know what it was, for if it came out of the portal it could probably help me escape!

“I’m not telling you anything until you answer my question” She informed me, and was it just me? Or where the armored horses backing away from her?!

“Erm, what did you mean again? Oh wait, yeah, it’s my amulet!” I said proudly, taking my precious gem for all to see, or at least her before she kills me for it…

And then she snatched it from me, but before I could voice my complains the other horses stepped forward, blocking my way.

“Hey! That’s mine! I paid good mon- my friend paid good money for it!”

“Not until I figure out how it works” She called out, further away from me with every word.

I crossed my arms, seriously what the hell is wrong with her?

“Look… erm… Wilson? It will be much easier if you can cooperate with us” Said one of the horses, I assumed he was the leader, because he was the only one with a distinct armor than the rest.

Deciding it was best to behave, totally not because of their weapons aimed at me, I sat down and crossed my arms.

Then I heard it, it sounded distant, but having nothing else to do but sit around it was easy to pick up.

“Did you hear that?” I asked them.

“Hear what?”

*growl*

“That!”

“Actually, I think I di-”

*growl* *bark* *growl*

“What was that?” Asked the purple, horse, girl, thing? There was a name for them but I can’t put m-

“Oh, we are mares” Thank yo- wait

What?

“What are you talking about Pinkie?” Another MARE said, a bit on the tomboyish side.

*growl* *bark* *growl* *snort*

“Oh oh, twitchy tail, TWITCHY TAIL” Pinkie, I believe, called out fanatically.

What is goi-

Hold on, I remember Mike telling me something about the growling in the game.

“And those aren't the only danger that come looking for you” Mike finished explaining something from the game I didn’t care about for the eleventh time.

“uh huh” I called out uninterestedly.

“There are also these ‘hound attacks’, and if they catch you off guard, it can seriously be a major problem”

“uh huh”

“You will first hear these growling and snorting noises coming from afar”

“uh huh”

“But then they get louder, and louder, until you can hear them running towards you to kill you”

“uh huh”

“But that’s not the worst part, they attack like every week, and every wave there is a new hound”

“uh huh”

“And this is even worse when playing with other people, because their numbers double with each player”

“uh huh”

“So if it’s just the first wave, but there are four players in the world, there would be eight hounds instead of just two”

“stahp”

“Oh, and there is also the other bosses in the game that can attack you if you are not careful”

This was quite the long ride.

“Uh, how many of you live in this place?” I said, my voice cracking a little.

“There are about four thousand ponies living here in Ponyville, why do you ask?”

*whimper*

“that’s-" *gulp* "-that’s eight thousand hounds…” I barely muttered.

*growl* *bark* *growl* *snort* *growl* *bark* *growl* *snort*

I’m dead.

*growl* *bark* *growl* *snort* *growl* *bark* *growl* *snort* *growl* *bark*

WE are dead.

*GROWL* *bark* *GROWL* *SNORT* *growl* *BARK* *growl* *SNORT* *GROWL* *snort*

EVERYONE IS SO DEAD!