• Published 17th Mar 2015
  • 2,001 Views, 57 Comments

Luna Wants a Windigo - Lazauya



Luna wants a pet. Only her sister can help her.

  • ...
12
 57
 2,001

Discovery

"Sister, sister!" Luna called out. "Where did she go? I wasn't informed of this." Luna put a hoof to chin in contemplation. "Night Sky, where did my sister go? Do you know anything?"

"No, Princess. I really don't know anything."

"Then ask for me, will you? Perhaps the guards in the throne room know something."

"Uhm, if you don't mind me asking, why do you, erm... care so much, Princess?"

"Ah... perhaps I am nosy. Perhaps I will always be the annoying little sister that 'totally' embarrasses her cool big sister in front of her friends," Luna said with vitriol.

Night Sky looked around, "Ah, well, I think I'll go—"

"Or maybe it is because I simply loved my big sister, my only real family, and just wanted to spend time with her?! I do not know, those both sound pretty probable to me!"

"Ah... I'm sorry if I... brought up any bad m-memories, Princess," peeped Night Sky.

"Nothing of the sort Night Sky!" Luna rebounded.

"I'm going to go now!" Night Sky hurried off, not wanting to instigate anything else.


"Uhm, so, Princess.... It seems like your sister went to Ponyville to help Princess Twilight. She was feeling ill, something about abdominal pain. I'm not sure."

"Hm..." something clicked in the moon princess's mind, and she wore a look of sudden realization, "Abdominal pain? Is that... right? How strange...."

"What is it, Princess?"

"I'm not quite sure.... I feel like..." she stopped for a moment, "Twilight... Twilight with abdominal pain...? This feels... like...."

"Princess?"

"Ah, Night Sky. I... think I may be confused. I want to go to Ponyville. I need to make sure Princess Twilight is alright. I have a... strange feeling about this."

"Alright Princess, whatever you say."


A flash filled the hallway of castle. Starlight was cut off guard and jumped at the sudden noise of the teleportation. She quickly turned around. "Oh, Princess Luna! What are you doing here?"

"I heard Twilight was feeling ill. I wanted to... make sure that she was okay."

"Oh... yes, she's okay. Pr—your sister was here earlier."

"May I ask what the matter was with Twilight? Was the ailment resolved?"

"Oh, yes. Princess Celestia said she had a curse? I'm not sure how... but your sister, ah, she said that she had to take Twilight away to remove the curse because of magical discharge. We waited for a few minutes, and when she came back, Twilight seemed better."

"Seemed?" ask Luna, worried.

"Ah, I mean, she is okay. The doctors couldn't find any other problems."

"Hm... this is all good to hear. May I see Twilight?"

"Ah, yes, but she might be sleeping."

"I see. Then... can you take me to where she and Celestia teleported away?"

"Oh, of course. She was in the lounge outside the library."

Starlight started walking, and the princess followed wearing a near perfect poker face. "So what's the matter? Why do you want to see where they teleported?" asked Starlight.

Luna was silent in contemplation for a moment. "Ah, I suppose that... well, if I am to be truly honest, I want to know where they teleported to. I suppose I would like to... check the magical residue in the area, to learn more about the curse."

Starlight accepted the answer, but still had some questions she wanted answered. She would not ask, however. "Here we are, Princess. This is where Twilight was right when she was teleported."

"I see..." Luna looked around the area inquisitively. She lit her horn, feeling out the room. Then she found it: the gate that Celestia and Twilight had used—it was faint, and would fade away entirely if she wasn't fast. She knew that the level of precision that her sister possessed with her magic was unobtainable for herself, but countless years of practice had rendered her just as good of a day mage as the most advanced in the kingdom, barring her sister. But what night mages lacked in control, they easily made up for in power; many speculated that this was the true reason that Night Mare Moon was able to defeat Celestia a second time, but as Celestia would not readily discuss the events that transpired early that morning, it was left completely ambiguous.

Nevertheless, Luna was able to pry the gate open and carefully maneuver through the paper-thin walls of the structure; it took all her concentration to keep her self from exiting the gate too early, but after 5 excruciatingly long minutes, she felt her magic seep out naturally though the end of the tunnel.

She turned to Starlight before saying, "I'll be back in a moment. If you could try making sure this end does not close prematurely, that would be splendid."

"Yes, Princess..." Starlight said cautiously, "But... may I..." Starlight faltered before shying away.

"Speak, Starlight Glimmer."

"I would like to come with you—ah, I mean, I'm worried about Twilight and I wanted to study the curse. I had never seen anything like it before."

"I see. Then come. But you must be prepared for whatever we find. Do you understand?"

"W-what do you mean? Ah, I don't understand...."

Luna cleared her throat. "I mean that.... Let us just say that I harbor suspicions about what happened that I would like dismissed."

"I see understand. I... guess I'm ready."

In another instant, they had teleported through the reopened portal.

They found themselves far away from Equestria. The air was cool, but the sun was strong. The meadow they found themselves in was unkempt and the grass was tall; a forest surrounded the meadow and single hill jutting out from the horizon in the distance. There was a dirt patch a few meters away from where they landed.

They looked around, but found nothing out of the ordinary. No singed leaves were found, no scorch marks in the grass: nothing that was typical of a magical discharge. The two wore puzzled looks as they contemplated the scenario.

The birds chirped, the flies buzzed, and the wind carried the gentle sounds of a cry.

A cry, they both thought in unison.

Quickly, they sprang into action. Scouring the area.

Then Starlight found something—something she didn't understand. "Over here, it's a foal!"

Luna's eyes widened in shock, No, it can't be true! She quickly rushed over, and looked at the creature. It wiggled on the ground, obviously exhausted from crying without attention. It still whimpered softly in dissatisfaction. But that wasn't the most striking feature of the being: it's coat faded in and out of transparency. The foal's color was a hollow looking blue—a ghostly blue that reminded Luna of—

Windigos.