• Published 9th Nov 2011
  • 4,410 Views, 125 Comments

Of Druids And Ponies - Crackshot



what happens when a druid from the human world shows up in equestria? find out!

  • ...
6
 125
 4,410

Chapter 8

aouthors note: sorry about the wait everypony, had a bit of writers block on this one. i know it's not the longest chapter in the story, but hopefully it will hold you over untill i get the next one out. without further adue, i give you a drunk Wolves Fang, hanging out with a drunk Applejack.

“Ssssoooo, Fang ole buddy…. Ya thinks ya got enouph in ya at go tell… whoever it was….. Whatever it was?” Said a very drunk Applejack. She began to laugh at the simple fact that she either wasn’t told either of those things, or just didn’t remember. Her guess was the latter.

“fffffffffwhat’re ya talkin bout? I was supposed to tell someone sumthin? Oh damn it, I knew there was sumthin I was forgetting….” said an even drunker Wolves Fang. From the moment he had walked in the bar, he had everypony buying him drinks. He was, after all, a hero. After he had a few, he started talking to everypony, making friends, making jokes, having an occasional smoke. He would also try to sing along with whatever song was playing on the radio, even though he’d never heard any of those songs before. Here he was, drunk off his ass, talking to the mare he had to make a couple confessions to, but too drunk to remember what they were.

“HAHA! Ah’ll take that tah mean you’ve had tooooooooooooo much…. Yer nuthin’ but a fuckin’ lightweight, ya know that?” she said, laughing harder than ever before.

“What did ya expect? Smah first time drinkin’!”

“Yer kiddin’!” she said, giving him a playful shove.

“Nope!” he said, laughing and smiling broadly.

“Oh damn, than ya can sure as hell hold yer liquor. Well, yyyyooooouuuu may have fergotten what ya were supposed to tell somepony, but I actually jus’ remembered….. I think.. Yeah, I definitely remembered.” she said, swaying dangerously on her bar stool, causing Fang to laugh. He had grown accustomed to being called by that during his time at the bar.

“An’ what, exactly, did yah jus’ remember?” he said, honestly curious.

“Ah got sumthin I gotta teeellllllll yyyyyooouuuuuuu…..” she said, her swaying stopped by her grabbing onto his shoulder. She was smiling just as broadly as he was, and laughing even harder.

“Oh really? Then pray tell, wha wouldat be?” he said, trying not to sound drunk for a moment, and failing horribly.

“Aaaahhhhhh….. like yooouuuuu….” she said, suddenly taking a more serious look to her face. He was slightly confused. What did she mean she “liked” him? ‘aren’t friends supposed to like each other?’ he thought to himself.

“Well ya know what Applejack? Ah like you to.” he said, assuming that was what she had meant.

“No no no no no no, ya ain’t understandin’ mee. Ah like you. Like…. How does ah explain it……” she trailed off, letting go of his shoulder with one hoof, causing her to lose her balance and fall, dragging Fang with her. They hit the ground with a loud thud, Applejack somehow finding a way to land his chest. They simply lay there for a few minutes, laughing hysterically along with the rest of the bar. After the laughter died down, Fang noticed that Applejack was staring at him, biting her lip slightly. He had no idea why, and it is doubtful he could figure it out, drunk as he was. Little did he know, there were many thoughts running through the head of the mare on his chest. She was mentally debating with herself. And losing. ‘Should ah do it?’ she thought to herself, ‘Ah mean we’re in a pretty decent position for it, but what if he don’t like me like that?’ she thought back to earlier in the day, when she had asked advice from a couple of her friends…..

*****************************

“Hey Rares, could ah ask yah sumthin?” she asked as she walked into Rarities shop.

“Well of course you can dahling! Now tell me, what’s on your mind?” she said, using her magic to levitate two chairs over for them to sit in.

“Well alright then. Well, thing is, I need sum advice….”

“Oh? And just what would you need my advice on?”

“Well, ya see, there’s this feller that ah like an-” she was cut off by Rarity gasping in shock.

“Oh!! You’ve come to me for romance advice, how exciting! Now, tell me, who is the lucky stallion? Is it somepony you met at the gala? Is h-”

“Now hold on there Rares, one question at a time.”

“Of course, of course, my apologies, this is all just so exciting! Now, tell me, what is he like?”

“Well, he’s a real nice guy, really knows how to make a gal laugh, and he always seems to be willin’ to help without a thought for himself. He forgives when he has no reason to, an’ always seems to understand where somepony’s comin’ from,, y aknow what ah mean?”

“well don’t keep me in suspense, who is it?” in reply, Applejack mumbled something, just quiet enough for Rarity to not hear it. “I’m sorry, what was that dear? You seem to be doing an impression of Fluttershy when she talks to Big Macintosh.” She joked, earning her an evil look.

“Well, ah guess there’s no goin’ back now.” she sighed. “Ya remember when that hydra showed up in town, a week back?” Rarity simply nodded, wondering where exactly she was going with this. “Did ya see the feller that threw it out on it’s flank?”

“No, but Twilight told me what she knew about him, wh…. Oooohhhhh. I see now. Hmm. This may pose a few problems.” she said, causing Applejack to become worried.

“And why is that?” her eyes were slightly wider than normal.

“Well, for starters, he’s not even the same species, so that is bound to be awkward for one of you. Then there is the fact that he is, from what I know, very skilled with magic. So even if it wasn’t awkward, birds of a feather, flock together, as the saying goes. The next is that I am sure he is eager to return home, where he belongs.” while she knew the last one was nowhere near true, the others made sense. She became downcast, thanked Rarity for her advice and walked out the door. She was planning on just going back to the farm, and working to keep her thoughts from him, but getting run over by Rainbow Dash interrupted that.

“Sorry about that. I should’ve pulled up sooner.” Said Rainbow, apologizing for the incident.

“It’s alright. Ah’ll jus’ be goin’ now.” she said as she got up. Rainbow could tell there was something wrong.

“Hey, why the long face?” she asked. Applejack explained everything, from how she felt for Fang, to the talk she’d just had with Rarity. When she was done, Rainbow Dash, while she wasn’t exactly pleased with her friends choice of love, decided to give her some advice of her own. “Hey, don’t listen to Rarity, she just doesn’t understand it. I mean, I remember back in flight school, a pegasus friend of mine hooked up with a griffon, and they worked out just fine. Same idea, just different couple, right?” she said, hoping to lift Applejack’s spirits.

“Ya know what? Yer right Dash. Ah’m gonna go tell him right now. Ah owe ya a drink.” she said, galloping off towards Twilights library.

******************************

And now here they were, drunk, laughing, and on the floor.
With Big Macintosh standing over them.