• Published 9th Nov 2011
  • 4,411 Views, 125 Comments

Of Druids And Ponies - Crackshot



what happens when a druid from the human world shows up in equestria? find out!

  • ...
6
 125
 4,411

Chapter 10

“That’s….. Messed up.” Said Rainbow Dash after Fang told them his story. They had decided that the best place for him to explain his past, and his current predicament, was Twilights library.

“Your father wasn’t a very nice person…… I mean, but you are……. eepp.” said Fluttershy.

“You know what we need to do to make you two friends again? THROW A SUPER DUPER YOUSHOULD BE FRIENDS AGAIN PARTY!!!” yelled Pinkie, producing streamers seemingly from thin air and throwing them about the room.

“How does she-” began Fang, but he was cut off by Twilight.

“Don’t ask.” she said, causing him to simply nod and ignore the defiance of all the logic he knew. “Now, Pinkie, I don’t think a party will help them. What they need is to discuss this like adults, so that she can understand what exactly happened.” she said, to which the other elements of harmony that were present nodded. Fang, however, was not convinced.

“I am not well acquainted with how the minds of your people work, but I doubt she wishes to speak with me…. However, if you believe it will help, I have no other choice.” he said, hanging his head slightly. He knew there was only one way him approaching Applejacks farm could end, for he vaguely remembered what Big Macintosh had said to him in the bar, but he would try anyway. He did, however, have a back up plan, in case all else should fail. “Twilight, do you have pen and parchment? I need to write something down.” he asked, and she replied simply by levitating it to him. He took the quill and parchment, and wrote something down, not telling anyone what it was, or why he was writing it. When he was done, he stuffed it into his vest, grabbed his staff, and walked out the door.

“Where are you going?” Asked Twilight.

“To go talk to Applejack… to explain things to her.” he said, not looking behind him. He kept walking, not looking back, not listening to the praise he received from ponies on the streets. They weren’t important to him right now. He needed to set things right, and that was all that mattered to him. He soon found himself at the entrance to Sweet Apple acres. He was only five feet past the gate, when he felt something bash his knee in, causing him to fall to the ground.

“That’s fer makin’ mah sister cry.” Said Macintosh. He then helped Fang back to his feet. “Now, ah know you saved tha town an’ all, but we don’t do business with no kin slayers, so why don’t you just go back the way you came.” he said. He had no respect for a man who would kill a member of their own family, as far as he knew, in cold blood.

“Listen Big Macintosh, I need to talk to Applejack. She doesn’t know the whole story.” he tried to explain, but Macintosh would have none of it.

“Listen buddy, ah don’t know the whole story either, but yer’s is the last face she wants tah see right now.” he explained to him, causing Fang to sigh heavily. He reached into his vest, producing the parchment Twilight had given him.

“that’s what I was afraid of, look, could you just deliver this letter to her, and tell me what she says? It’s important.” he said. Macintosh gave him a menacing look, but took the letter in his mouth and walked into the farm house. After a few minutes, Fang could hear muffled yells, items being thrown and broken. He was afraid that would be the response. When Macintosh walked back out, however, Fang was gone. Macintosh sighed, not knowing where he had gone, nor caring. He walked back into the farm house and looked at the letter, which currently sat, unread, on the kitchen table. Applejack had wanted nothing to do with Fang, and had told him to “Buck tha bastard up.”. Now, Macintosh was not the best at reading ponies, but he could tell that her reading that letter had been important to Fang. He decided that if Applejack wouldn’t read it, he would, just to see what all the fuss was about. He opened the letter and began to read. When he finished the letter he yelled. “Applejack! Ya might wanna read this letter!” he yelled, walking up the stairs to find her, letter in his mouth again. She sighed, not understanding why Macintosh was so dead set on her reading it. She read it, the words written on the page bringing her to tears. She dropped the letter and ran out the door, not even bothering to put her hat on. The letter drifted down, landing print up on the floor……….
My dearest Applejack,

I understand your actions, but believe you should know the whole story before you make a final judgment. I killed my father, yes, but it was not intentional, and if it were, it would be highly justified. My father was a corrupt man, who did whatever he felt necessary to make money, from slavery, to murder.. I lied to you about my family history, yes, but only because the memories still burn fresh in my mind, after all these years, and still haunt my every dream. I did not wish the burden of my past to become yours. My name, before my father died, was Jonathon Wolf-blood. But the child known by that name died at the age of twelve. At least, that’s what I tell myself, anyways. After my druidic training was complete, I received the name Wolves Fang, as my spirit animal is the wolf. I hope this letter reaches you in good health, if not good mood, and that you think about these words deeply before you react. I wrote this letter so that, in the event that I could not explain these things to you in person, they could still be explained. I have asked the messenger to give me your response to this letter, in the hopes that I could know whether or not you will accept me, even with my deception. If not, then you shall never see or hear of me again.

With all the love in my heart

Wolves Fang.