• Published 18th Mar 2015
  • 8,631 Views, 136 Comments

The Twilight Citadel - Pyrestrike



A new Kingdom has risen in the mysterious Antarctic South. It is the last safe-haven for the ponies of Equestria and the only shelter against the Changeling forces. The Question is though: Will they even open their gates?

  • ...
29
 136
 8,631

Invitation

It was nighttime in the frozen tundra, and the cold and bitter weather was definitely not helping the ponies who were doing their best to collect the bodies of the fallen after the intense battle that took place. Both Changeling and Pony corpses littered the area outside the pony hideout, the blood of both races staining the once pristine layer of snow that coated the surface.

Torches and campfires were being lit in order to illuminate the area to make the cleanup easier. The trenches that were once used for cover during the battle were now being filled with bodies. The thick stench of death permeated the air as the mass burial was taking place. Atop the horrifying scene, the elements, along with Silver Shriek and Meteor Shatter, discussed the loss of life.

"How many of us did we lose?" Applejack questioned.

With a short breath, the Commander stood straight and announced the losses.

"Out of our regiment of six-hundred and the Equestrian's force of a nearly a hundred more, one-hundred and seventy-two were killed in combat while two-hundred and eighty-three are wounded, a few of them in critical condition. Furthermore, the majority of losses had came unfortunately from the Pegasi divisions of our forces."

"Bastards..." Rainbow Dash muttered under her breath, briefly interrupting Silver before he continued his analysis.

"On a brighter note however, reinforcements from one of our major cities are currently en route to our position, and it's impossible for the enemy to attack again since their commander's retreating order saw to their extermination."

"Has there been any reports of spies within our ranks? There's a chance the enemy could have infiltrated our ranks in the chaos." Meteor asked.

"I've already seen to that princess, several of my elite guards are checking everypony in and around the caves as we speak. If there is a spy within the area, I'm sure we'll find it soon."

"Excellent, let's keep up our progress then. Miss Applejack, I'd like to discuss a few things with you and your friends away from the commotion if we may?"

Applejack turned to the rest of the elements and nodded once she had their permission. "Alrighty then, lead the way."

Smiling weakly, Meteor tried to stand from her chair before grunting in pain and falling backwards into it. Concerned with his princess's well being Silver rushed to her aid.

"Princess, it's imperative that you recover from your injuries before marching off into the tundra once more."

"It's fine Silver, I'm just dizzy from that energy bolt that Changeling sent at me earlier. Nothing really major besides my wing, which Miss Fluttershy took care of greatly." Meteor said, glancing in Fluttershy's direction in which she gave a timid smile in return. "And shouldn't it be Macrame nagging me about my injuries? Where is she anyway?"

"She's currently within the cave, tending to the injured and keeping an eye on the Prince." Silver replied.

"Well at least someone's watching that nuisance this time." she grunted once more and finally regained enough balance to stand properly. With a stoic look in her eyes, Meteor trotted towards the exit of her tent as Silver and a pair of guards followed her immediately from behind, while another guard lifted the cloth to let them and the elements through..

As they walked towards a more secluded area Fluttershy and Rarity couldn't help but retch at the sight and smell of death that was on display before them all. Trying and failing to keep her composure, Fluttershy rushed to a nearby rock to evacuate her stomach. Rarity came behind the poor mare and pat her back while the pegasus continued to retch.

While waiting for the two to finish, Applejack paused for a moment after seeing the body of a pegasus mare she usually left her daughters in the care of. Moving closer to inspect the body further, Applejack found that the mare was surrounded by several Changeling corpses bearing fatal wounds that matched the small sword she still had in her cold grasp. One of the dead drones had a large spear that explained the gash in the mare's side along with the snow beside her dyed crimson in response. Staring intensely at the sight, Applejack was reminded of how much she hated the Changelings for what they did, and how much she hated herself for what she failed to do.

With a solemn sigh, Applejack removed and held her stetson in respect for the courageous mare. Who had apparently died while taking several of the enemy with her. "Katy's gonna miss ya, and I promise ya they'll pay for this..." she whispered as she moved quickly to join the rest of the group ahead. After a few minutes of trudging through bloody snow, they arrived at an area away from the battlefield.

"So what exactly would ya like to discuss with us yer majesty?" Applejack questioned.

"Yeah, I kinda want to know what's gonna happen now since the Changelings have discovered our hideout." Rainbow added, glancing around for any threats to the group.

"Considering the fact that you saved my ass of a brother and that we brought this event of death upon you all in the first place, I'd like to invite you all to accompany us back to our homeland."

Shocked at the offer which was given to them, Applejack was about to answer before Rainbow interrupted. "As much as we'd all like to see some civilization again, we'll have to decline, your cities might not even be protected properly against Changelings anyway."

"To the contrary Miss Dash, my Mother saw to it that we kept the locations of our cities a top secret in regards to the Changeling threat, especially since my brother's disappearance from the capital." Meteor answered.

"Yes, as much as I'm against bringing foreigners into our lands you've saved the life of our prince, and fought bravely in battle against overwhelming force. For that our country is truly grateful and wishes to return the favor. I can also assure you that we've taken the necessary precautions to maximize protection against those pests. I've already sent a message back to the capital explaining the situation and calling for supplies and transport for you all if you choose to take the princess up on her offer." Silver added.

"Just because you've got "protection" against Changelings doesn't mean you're immune to them. I don't think I can trust the safety of my family and the rest of this camp to you guys just yet." Rainbow rebutted.

"Rainbow, would you kindly clean your ears! Don't you hear what they're saying! We don't have to live in a musky cave anymore! We can return to civilization and live as civilized ponies again!" Rarity cheered.

"She's right Rainbow, listen to yerself. We have the opportunity to move to a better place with a better chance of survival for us and our families and yer being as stubborn as a mule about it. Take a look around sugarcube, don't ya want to make their sacrifice worth it?" Applejack pointed at the battlefield in the distance. "These ponies died for us so that we could live! We can't just let their sacrifice be in vain like that!"

"I know Applejack, I was up there with most of those ponies before they died. But we can't just up and leave the hideout without some precautions or preparation."

Rainbow's eyes were full of indecision. One part of her mind wanted to agree with Applejack and leave the hideout for a better place, while other part screamed at her to stay in the cave and not take the risk of leading what was left of her family into the unknown.

Now wanting to listen to another argument between the two, Fluttershy intervened. "U-um, I think that we should all just sit down for a moment, a-and think about our options before we act..." Fluttershy suggested, hiding behind her mane again.

"Yeah... Fluttershy's right, we should take some time and think about our decision first. Is that okay with you yer highness?" Applejack asked.

"Of course Miss Applejack, I know this might be a difficult decision for you and your friends to make. Just make sure that we have your answer once our reinforcements arrive."

Nodding in understanding Applejack gave a small bow as Meteor turned to leave. But before the royal took another step forward one of the guards had spotted something in the distance. "LOOK OUT!" he cried.

Acting quickly, the guard tackled Meteor to the ground to avoid a crossbow bolt which had unfortunately killed the other guard with them. Silver had unsheathed his broadsword while the elements had ducked behind several rocks to avoid being targeted. The sniper, unsatisfied with how his shot missed, turned tail and fled from the area.

"He's getting away! We have to catch him!" the Meteor shouted, shoving the guard off and attempting to rush the sniper's position.

"No! It's much too dangerous in your current state! You'll only worsen your injuries." Silver ordered. He then turned to the elements "Me and this soldier will protect the princess from further harm, but we need somepony to hunt that sniper down!"

"Don't worry, I'll have that coward's head in no time!" Rainbow Dash said before taking to the air.

Ignoring the pleas of her friends to wait up, she rose high into ther air to scan around the snowy terrain. Rainbow kept her eyes peeled for threats. Once she spotted the guard that had the crossbow in his magic galloping away from the area, she flapped her wings and sped off like a bullet towards him. Taking care, she rushed for the sniper while dodging another crossbow bolt that he loaded before finally tackling him to the ground. Unexpectedly, the sniper was able to kick her off himself and stand quickly, with a flare of green flames, the sniper revealed its true Changeling form and drew out its sword, ready to battle the cyan pegasus.

"Well then, if I can't kill a stupid princess, then I guess getting rid of an annoying Element of Harmony will do..." it proclaimed.

"Don't count on it bug-breath. You should know better than to mess with the fastest flier in all of Equestria!" Rainbow boasted, swiping quickly with her sword only to slash at thin air.

"Hahaha! Please, I've seen slugs that move faster than what you say you are." the drone taunted. "Besides, why do you need those wings anyway? We all know that chickens can barely fly!"

"Hey! Nopony talks to my friend that way!" Dodging at the last second, the Changeling narrowly escaped getting chopped in half by Applejack and her hatchet.

"Hmm, so another nuisance joins the fray? No matter, dealing with two of you Elements will surely destroy any remaining hope for ponies everywhere!" the Changeling shouted.

"Less talk! More fight!" Applejack cried out as she lunged for another attack at the Changeling. Knowing that it couldn't parry the powerful blows the farmpony could make, the drone continued to dodge and duck Applejack's attacks. When Rainbow came to strike, it quickly used its blade to counter the faster, but weaker attacks that Rainbow threw at it. Sensing an opportuinity, the drone quickly evaded the two Element's attacks and lead them into nearly striking each other.

"Aren't you supposed to be fighting me?" it taunted, twirling its sword blade in a playful manner. "But then again. Who knows who I could be?" At those words, the Changeling leaped back and tossed something at Rainbow and Applejack's hooves. With a loud bang and discharge of smoke, the object created a brief smokescreen that completey engulfed the duo. After a few more seconds, the smoke disappated, leaving Applejack and two Rainbow Dashes.

"W-What in tarnation! Which one's which!?"

"It's me Applejack! Hurry up and kill the impostor before it escapes!" the Rainbow Dash on the left cried, pointing at the one on the right.

"Impostor? I'm the real Rainbow Dash! You're the impostor you lying bastard!" the one on the right accused.

"Yeah right. Like any Changeling can mimic the fastest flier in Equestria!" the left one boasted.

"Hey! I'm the fastest!"

"No! I'm the fastest!"

After a few more minutes of bickering between the two, the right Rainbow Dash tackled the left one to the ground. Tossing and turning each other in a wrestling match that only confused Applejack even further to which Rainbow Dash was the real one.

"Grah! Come on Applejack! We have to kill this impostor before she gets a chance to escape!"

"You're the impostor here! And I'm the real Rainbow Dash! Applejack you have to believe me!"

"Hey! Why don't ya two shut up, so I can think!" Applejack demanded.

Both of the Rainbow Dashes looked at each other with pure malice as they separated. "So which one of us do you believe is the real Rainbow Dash? Me? Or her?" One of them asked.

"Come on Applejack. I'm one of your best friends, you have to choose me!"

"Applejack, the sooner we deal with this Changeling, then the sooner we can leave that rotten pile of rocks behind."

That caught Applejack's attention. Up until now, Rainbow Dash had been torn between staying in the hideout which they've called home for years or going with Meteor to her kingdom. The fact that this Rainbow had just insulted the place that has provided them shelter and protection gave the Changeling away. Applejack now knew who the real Rainbow was now.

"Ya know, I think I've figured it out now." Applejack said, she started moving toward the Rainbow on the right side of her with a neutral look. The other Rainbow Dash started to look downcast, as tears began flowing from her eyes.

"Glad that you made the right choice Applejack. It was obvious that-" Her words were cut short as she dodged an downward slash by the farmmare that almost took her head off.

"Whoa! Whoa! Why'd you do that!? You could have killed me!"

"Heh, well I've gotta admit, for a backtalkin idiot like you, yer disguise almost had me fooled. But you missed one important detail..." Applejack moved to help up the real Rainbow Dash, who took her hoof with a smile and stood with her sword ready. "Rainbow Dash here wasn't exactly sure on leaving that 'rotten pile of rocks'."

With the ruse unsuccessful, the Changeling sighed and let go of its disguise. "Hmm, I probably should have done some more observation before putting that into action, oh well..." The drone flashed a menacing smile before unsheathing its sword once again. "You're sharper than you look pony, I'll give you that. But this little game of ours is far from over."

"Bring it on." Rainbow taunted.

Letting out a battle-cry, the trio of fighters once again continued their Dance of Death. Applejack and Rainbow now were fighting the drone much more efficiently and dangerously together than before. Often overpowering the lone Changeling with their combined moves and powers. Realizing this, drone had resorted to using its magic, casting deadly bolts of energy only to see them whizzing passed the two ponies as they dodged each with grace. Now concerned with how the two ponies he was up against overpowering him, the Changeling had to teleport a short distance away from the duo to rethink his strategy.

"Oh no ya don't! You ain't gonna get away that easily!" Applejack yelled, while Rainbow Dash had taken to the air again to attack once more.

"You are so dead when I get my hooves on you!" Rainbow shouted as she rushed toward the drone's position.

Glaring at the two distant ponies, the Changeling growled and met Rainbow's aerial strike head on. Countering her attack and leaving her wide open. Seeing the opportunity, the drone readied his magic and unleashed a powerful blast that had hit the poor mare directly in the chest. The impact of magic immediately knocking the wind out of Rainbow and blasting her away like a ragdoll into the snow.

"RAINBOW!" Applejack cried, rushing to her friend's aid. Upon seeing the dark burn marks that had marked the area where the Changeling's spell had hit, Applejack prayed that she'll be okay once help arrived. But for now she needed to kill a Changeling.

"I'LL KILL YA!!!" The pissed off farmmare shouted. Smiling at this, the Changeling once again prepared to counter Applejack's rage-filled charge, thinking he'll easily parry her attack. The drone's smile though, had quickly turned into a shocked gasp, as once the steel axe had made contect with his beloved sword, it shattered into small metal fragments upon contact.

"Impossible... How..." The Changeling was dumbfounded as he quickly moved back to dodge another strike. "That was my favorite sword dammit!" Seeing what Applejack was capable of, the Changeling quickly drew back. Now without a proper weapon in hoof, it prepared its magic to even the fight. But the fight soon turned more into a chase, as each time Applejack got finally got within attacking distance to the drone, it simply teleported to a different spot in the area. Applejack was now exhausted, taking cover behind a boulder to avoid the magic targeting her. The drone was tired as well, panting softly as it tried to hide the exhaustion from his opponent.

"So... Nowhere to run... Nowhere to hide... Oh what a shame..." the Changeling wheezed softly. As it turned around the rock to see the farmmare lying against the rock with her axe dropped to her side. "Well pony, I think it's time we ended this charade, as fun as it was." The Changeling began to prepare its magic to deliver the final blow. Applejack looked up to see the ball of green energy that would end her life. Sighing in defeat, Applejack's world fell into black, embracing the end. Chuckling, the drone was about to release its spell before an excited voice chirped and interrupted the moment.

"I don't think you're doing it right."

Surprised at the sudden voice, the Changeling dropped the spell and turned to meet face to face with Pinkie Pie.

"Hi there!" Pinkie greeted, much to the drone's shock. Attempting to blast her with his magic, he prepared another spell only to realize that the pink Earth Pony disappeared.

"I think you should pay attention where you're casting that Mister Changeling! You could really hurt somepony!" Turning again quickly, the Changeling saw the party pony a great distance away from where she originally was. Dumbfounded by this, the drone cast an energy bolt much quicker than before and sent it blazing towards Pinkie. After a small explosion and a puff of smoke, the Changeling thought he had got the crazy mare and turned to finish off Applejack, which to his dismay had also disappeared.

"Dammit! What the buck is happening!"

"That was pretty cool how you cast that one spell earlier! Do it again!" This time Pinkie was right behind the angry drone as it screamed in surprise at her sudden appearance. "Wow, I also didn't know that you could scream like a filly!" Pinkie taunted.

Now pissed off more than before, the drone quickly summoned his magic and began firing spell after spell at the mare. With almost supernatural speed and skill, Pinkie had avoided every single projectile that the Changeling sent at her.

"You should really work on your aim though. It's kinda terrible to be honest... but I know that you'll improve one day!"

"Stop! Being! So! Bucking! Annoying!" The drone screamed, his magic was now being cast at a machine gun-like rate. Dispersing everywhere without any form of accuracy behind it, hoping at least a few of them will make contact. The area was now filling with smoke from all the spells that the Changeling had cast. After several minutes he finally stopped, completely exhausted. Looking up hoping to see nothing but a pile of ash, the drone was greeted with the view of a perfectly healthy and unharmed Pinkie Pie among all the blast marks of the spells he cast.

"What is this witchcraft! Who are you!" the Changeling cried.

Smiling happilly, Pinkie grabbed the Changeling and forced it against another rock. "Well I can be many things Mister Changeling; I can be the happiest pony in Ponyville, or i can be the best baker in Equestria, I can be a best friend forever, or the worst friend in history." Pinkie answered. "But given the circumstances and the fact that you were about to kill two of my best friends, I'm your worst nightmare." Pinkie's voice had a cold and harsh tone to it at those last few words, her hair deflating and losing its puffy nature. The dramatic change in the party pony's attitude and appearence had somewhat frightening the stunned assassin.

"You Changelings are nothing but monsters you know, locking up innocent ponies and treating them as nothing more than property. Several good friends of mine are gone because of your kind, and I know you've got more locked up elsewhere. You've caused nothing more but pain and misery wherever you go, and for that I swear I am going to make your Queen pay for what she's done." Pinkie ranted. The air around the two was tense and dark, as if all the joy and light had been replaced with pain and fear. Gathering up what little courage he had left, the Changeling interrupted Pinkie's speech with a few words of his own.

"We had to, our food sources were vanishing rapidly. If we hadn't invaded your pathetic country we would have all starved to death!" the drone spat.

"I know, and I'm not saying that all Changelings are bad. But what I am saying, is that what you, and your Queen have done, is unforgivable. So you're going to pay the price..." Terrified at what the mare was saying, the drone was paralyzed with fear of what Pinkie was gonna do to him. Without further warning, Pinkie struck the drone on the muzzle and shoved him against the rock again. Before the poor drone could recover, he found himself staring down the barrel of the mare's party cannon.

"You know, I've always wondered if they have parties in Tartarus. Cause if they do... you're definitely invited." With a sinister smile and a final scream from the Changeling, Pinkie fired her cannon at point-blank range.

Several minutes after the smoke cleared, Applejack came to her senses and looked up to see a horrifying sight. The entire area that she and Rainbwo had fought in was now splattered with bright blue blood. Looking further, she gazed upon a rock that had a large bloodstain with blast marks all around it. Gathering her strength to stand, she straightened up before spotting Rainbow Dash lying in the distance and galloped to the unconscious pegasus.

"Come on Rainbow, stay with me here..." Applejack whispered. Several soldiers who had spotted the duo while investigating the fight scene called for medical help for the two. The rest of the Elements came galloping to check on them while Silver Shriek and a team of soldiers followed quickly from behind.

"Oh my goodness! Are you alright?!" Fluttershy shouted as she moved quickly to join the team of medics that were treating the two.

"I'm fine Fluttershy, but it's Rainbow Dash I'm more worried about." Applejack replied, she looked on as two of the medical ponies had lifted Rainbow onto a stretcher and carried her swiftly away from the group.

"Hey! Where are they taking her!"

"No need to worry about Miss Dash, I had them take her to camp so that they could treat her much more efficiently than out here in the snow." Silver had answered.

"Rainbow will be fine darling, she's the most durable pony I've ever met besides you and... Twilight." Rarity reassured. "What's puzzling me though is where did Pinkie Pie run off to?"

"All I know is that she just disappeared after dealing with that Changeling who attacked."

"Is that why the entire area is splattered with Changeling blood?" Silver asked.

"Eeyup." Applejack replied simply.

"So you mean to tell me that the pink party loving mare was the one capable of brutally executing a Changeling assassin in the most gory method possible?" Silver questioned, his eyebrow raised in suspicion.

"Well, I think you'd might as well ask the mare herself." Applejack responded, pointing with her hoof.

Pinkie had reappeared to the group, only this time she was soaked from head to hoof in the late Changeling's blood. Ignoring the soldiers that were giving her disgusted and frightened looks, she trotted slowly over to where the group was talking.

"I pulled this scroll off of the Changeling before I blew him to bits. There might be something important in there." Pinkie said simply in a cold voice, placing the surprisingly clean roll of parchment in Applejacks's hooves before trotting off to clean herself.

"She seems much more darker, than earlier." Silver observed.

"Yeah... Let's just say that what the Changelings did to her before we had discovered the hideout changed her dramatically." Applejack said.

"What they did to her when she was captured was nothing short of atrocious in my opinion. From what little the poor mare bothered to tell me is that they tortured and experimented on her and several other ponies before we had gotten her out." Rarity explained.

"I've seen the scars that they gave her during her time there. They did terrible things to her..." Fluttershy added.

"Girls, I don't think we should be talking about something this personal right now. Besides, we've got something else that needs our attention." Applejack said, showing the scroll in her hoof.

Offering to read it, Silver took the parchment from Applejack's hooves and began carefully unwrapping it. He paused when he saw Meteor Shatter arriving at the scene with her own group of guards.

"So glad you could join us princess. Even if it is against my wishes."

"Can it Silver, I've had enough time recovering. Now what did I miss?" she asked.

"We fought the Changeling that tried to assassinate you but Rainbow Dash was injured, and I was almost about to meet my maker until Pinkie showed up and... um... dealt with it." Applejack explained.

"With this much blood, I'd be surprised if there was anything solid still left of that miserable bug. Anyway, I came here to give you some news about Miss Dash's condition." Meteor said, the others moving in closer. "I'm afraid her wound is pretty serious, and will require treatment that none of us currently have on hoof at this point. So in order for her to survive, I'm afraid you'll have to accompany us back regardless. Something that Miss Dash was rather stubborn about right?" Meteor said.

"She ain't gonna be happy about leavin, but in this case I guess it's for the best. Now let's get to readin that letter shall we?"

Silver took the hint and resumed unwrapping the scroll, and after a minute he cleared his throat and read it aloud to the group.

Greetings agent,

While I'm well aware that you've already received your orders before you had departed from the capital, I had decided to send you this letter with instructions should you forget your task.

Your primary objective is to seek out the Elements of Harmony and whoever is in command of the Aurorian forces that have taken refuge within the enemy encampment. You are to report back to the northern village of Icehelm, several of our assets will be awaiting you and the information that you will have collected in your exploits.

Secondary objective is to eliminate or capture the commander of the enemy forces if given the opportunity. If you do manage it, you'll be promised a handsome reward and recognition from the Queen herself for your accomplishment.

These objectives are crucial to our campaign, and each should be planned and considered carefully before taking action. Beware though, that while the completion of your secondary objective may be a great achievement, it is not your main priority. Should you fail in completing the mission that has been carefully assigned to you, then the consequences will be severe depending on how badly you have failed. Remember drone, that while you are alone in this mission, the entire hive is counting on you to fulfill this task without complications.

You already know that the Queen does not take failure well, but Lord Shiftwing will end you without hesitation if you become an obstructionist in his plans. Either way, if you succeed in this operation you will be rewarded greatly. Fail at it, and the punishment will be brutal. I bid you good luck on your mission.

Signed, Nightwind.

"This Shiftwing Changeling sounds like a problem." Meteor said.

"It's Chrysalis I'm more worried about. Who knows what tricks that barbaric bug queen has up her hoof?" Rarity said as she shook her head.

"I think it's best if we discuss this later. Our reinforcements are here." Silver pointed to the sky and in the distance the Elements saw multiple chariots and carriages pulled by cleaner Aurorian soldiers. Marching was also heard in the distance suggesting a fresh battalion of soldiers had arrived as well.

"Alright then, let's go." Applejack said as she and the group started moving back towards the cave. "Wait a sec, where'd that one guard who was with the princess run off to?" Applejack thought aloud. Dismissing her suspicions, she trotted to catch up with the others.


"Was the letter delivered?" Shiftwing asked. He was sitting alone in the dining hall of Canterlot Castle with a tray holding a steaming teapot, some teacups, a bowl full of sugar cubes, and a basket full of teabags. Not to mention the crystal next to the set which provided the communication link between him and the agent he spoke to.

"Yes my Lord, I had full eyes on the decoy unit and he did his job perfectly. The Elements had seen the letter and the decoy was eliminated, even if he was disposed of in a rather bloody fashion." the other Changeling replied, glancing behind him just in case he was being watched.

"Good, he did his task properly. Now that the false information is in the enemy's mind, you have some more time to infiltrate deeper into the enemy's ranks and report more information back to me." Shiftwing said, taking a sip from his cup. Upon realizing he drank it empty, he took the teapot and began pouring more of the steamy liquid into his cup before adding two sugarcubes to the drink and stirring gently.

"But he was highly trained and spent years among us. Why waste his life here?"

"He was a necessary sacrifice in order to progress the operation. Besides, his best qualities were really only combat based, and his information gathering skills were too unrefined to be useful. If that wasn't the case, then you'd most likely have been the decoy instead."

"I still don't see why we had to waste such a good soldier."

That's the thing, he was a great soldier but not a good assassin. To be honest, I think he would have been more useful if he stayed in the Swarm Division under Stinger's command."

"Then how'd he end up in the Stealth Squads then?"

"He volunteered, apparently because he didn't think the Swarm Division was 'exciting' enough. Either way, he's done his purpose. You still have yours ahead, and I expect you to make sure everything goes according to plan." Shiftwing ordered.

"Of course, what are your orders now sir?" the drone asked, anxious to what his next task would be.

"I'd like you so shut it, you're disturbing my teatime." the lord replied, taking a sip.