• Published 10th May 2012
  • 1,126 Views, 24 Comments

Bites Of The Dead - the_guy



what continues when the world ends?

  • ...
 24
 1,126

Plans -part 2-

"Train, what do you mean by train?" Rarity asked.

"Through my studies, I have read a couple of welding book. "Twilight remarked. I believe I could make weapons for Apple Jack, Rainbow Dash and Pinkie Pie."

"Wh- Weapons?" Pinkie was shocked.

"You mean... Like swords?" Apple Jack said in awe

"Yes, that is exactly what I mean." Twilight replied with pride.

"But why just those three?" Rarity asked. "What about the two of us.?"

"We have our magic." Twilight answered. "That's better protection than any sword could give, and thats what we will be training while those three practice there moves."

Yet you couldn't protect Fluttershy. Rainbow Dash thought while giving a quick death stare to Twilight without her noticing. No dam it, stop thinking like that Rainbow, your not like that, you've already apologized.

"Are you ok Rainbow?" Twilight asked. "I thought you would be the most exited about this."

"Yeah, I'm fine" Rainbow Dash answered. "I'm just... Really tired is all."

"I believe it." Twilight inputted. "We've all been through so much already, and its only going to get worse from here on out.

"Yeah." Rainbow Dash replied. Shut up Twilight, I don't know how much more of you I can take... RRRAAAHH WHY DO I NEED TO THINK LIKE THIS!?

"But to travel, we don't nearly have have enough supplies as in cloths and sleeping bags." Twilight said. "So Rarity needs to get all of her sewing supplies and fabrics and everything else to make that stuff, oh and also all the metal you can rummage up for the swords. Rainbow Dash, you and Apple Jack will need to go to protect her, is that alright with you?"

"You can count on me!" Rainbow Dash saluted Twilight. Good, a break from her is probably the best thing for me right now, even if it is just to Rarity's house and back.

"Great." Twilight said happily. "I know you will help out some how. Now come on everypony eat as much as you can. These are amazing hash browns Apple Jack, They have so much flavor!" Twilight said amazed.

"Thanks, my mom made these for me and my siblings whenever something special would happen, like Christmas, or completing something. I figured that this morning was a special enough morning for these." Apple Jack replied

"I guess your right." Twilight answered

After they all stuffed there faces, Rainbow Dash, Apple Jack and Rarity set out for there mission. Rainbow was the first one to leave the library, before leaving the barrier however, she flew around to see if she could see any of the beasts. After looking for about two minutes, trying to do a thorough job, she landed and singled for the other two to come out.

"I think its best if you don't fly from now on." Apple Jack pointed out. "We ain't want none of of 'em beasties seeing you and coming after us do we?"

"Your probably right." Rainbow Dash admitted as they phased out of the barrier together. "Now come on, we need to make this as quick as we can." As much as I hate to admit it.

The three of them ran as soon as they left the shield, Rarity's shop wasn't far away, it was even visible from the library, but it was in the plaza, the most wide open space in all of Ponyville, it is also where the general population was in Ponyville. If there was a dog anywhere in town, that's where it would be. the three of them lined up against a wall, Apple Jack in front, and Rainbow Dash in back

"Now be quit ya'll." Apple Jack ordered "I'm gona look around the corner and see if any 'em beasties are there."

After a short while Rarity got impatient. "Well what do you see Apple Jack?"

"There's one of 'em." Apple Jack sounded disturbed. "Its distracted though, Eatin something..."

"Well what are we going to do then?" Rarity worried.

"I think we can we can sneak around him." Apple Jack said without hesitation.

"Are you crazy?" Rarity blurted "Do you know what those things did to Spike?"

"And Fluttershy!" Rainbow Dash added.

"Yes and Fluttershy" Rarity noted.

"Quiet now." Apple Jack demanded. "Don't want him to hear us, and yes of course I know what they did, but we need to get in there, and from what I gathered, these things are pretty stupid. Its stuffing its face right now, if we're really quiet, we can do it, I know it."

"How could you know that?" Rarity was getting slightly mad.

"I don't know how." Apple Jack admitted. "But I just do."

"I think we should do it." Rainbow Dash said bluntly.

"But its crazy!" Rarity was trying to control her voice.

"Its our only chance. Twilight was right." Rainbow winced. "we need more supplies, and your shop is the only place we can get it."

Apple Jack saw Rainbow Dash winced and stared at her with a mixture of confusion and curiosity. "You see Rarity... We need to do this.

Rarity stood there for a while, looking back and fourth between the other two ponies, finaly she said "Fine... We need to be really careful though."

"Right." Apple Jack affirmed. "Now no more talking, not even a peep!"

As the three of them walked out, Rainbow Dashes heart was beating rapidly. Oh shit, why am I doing this, this is idiotic. rrrrrrr, just don't make a noise. None of them had ever gotten a chance to get a close look at the beast, they were always running from them. What Rainbow Dash saw made her raise her lip in disgust. The beast had rotting flesh hanging from its body, it was a black colour with shades of brown and red mixed in, showing more in some parts than others. It had more of a muscular cow body shape, long and big legs with pitch black hooves, and of course there dog like head. It had a long red horse like tail and a red mane that went down its neck and over to the right side. there was also a large bite mark on the left of its neck. after what seemed like an hour to Rainbow, they finally got to the door without alerting the beast. Apple Jack being in front stopped in front of the door, with her back hoof she tapped Rarity, then signaled with her head to open the door. Good idea Apple Jack, Rarity can open it quieter than either of us with her magic. Rainbow Dash thought with a smile. Rarity's horn lit up with her light blue magic, which also surrounded the door and the nob, she also put a bubble around the door to block the sound. The door opened smoothly without a noise. After they got in Rarity closed the door the same way.

"I almost died from anxiety there." Rarity sighed.

"No time for that Rarity." Apple Jack panted. "Now hurry, get all your stuff, we can't stay her long."

"Right, I'll go upstairs and get my stuff, you guys get all the metal for Twilight you can from down here and anything that you might think useful." Rarity said trotting away.

"Alright Rarity, will do." Apple Jack replied.

Looking around for items, Apple Jack noticed Rainbow Dash, staring at a photo of the six good friends, Rainbow Dash was stroking fluttershy with the tip of her hove. "Are you ok Rainbow? When we were talking about what to do out there, I saw you flinch when you talked about Twilight, do you steel blame her?

"I want to killer her." Rainbow Dash blatantly admitted.

"W, What kill her? Apple Jack worried. "you can't do that, Twilight is our best hope of survival!"

"I know I can't." Rainbow said as she slumped is a corner and put her hooves on her head. "And Its not me that wants to kill her, its these thoughts that's creeping itself into my head, like, I know Twilight did her best to protect Fluttershy, but my brain just keeps giving mr these thoughts like "Twilight didn't even care for Fluttershy" or "Twilight wanted Fluttershy dead." and when i get those, I have thoughts of getting revenge for Fluttershy. I hate myself for it, but." Tears started gathering in her eyes. "But I just can't stop... DAMN IT." She slammed her hove on the wall.

"Rainbow Dash!" Apple Jack had a tone of anger in her voice. "We can't make noise like that!"

"... Sorry." Rainbow Dash simply said

"Is everything alright down there?" Rarity called out "I heard a noise."

"We're fine." Apple Jack called back. "Rainbow just hit something."

"Alright then, be careful down there." Rarity said satisfied.

There was a long pause with Rainbow Dash quietly sobbing in the corner and Apple Jack just standing there, unsure what to do Jeez Apple Jack thought. She's more messed up than I thought...

"W.. Why am I so weak?" Rainbow Dash sobbed. "I, I know Twilight is good, bu, but I can't help but think of all the made up bad of her. Like really, I thought she burned down your farm at one point."

"You are not weak Rainbow Dash!" Apple Jack said with an empowering voice. "Your just messed up, most ponies would have completely shut her out by now, you even have the courage to apologize to her for being rude, you're the strongest pony I know."


Rainbow Dash looked up at her "You.. You think?"

Apple Jack went over to Rainbow Dash, went down to her level, put a big smile on her face and put her hooves on Rainbows shoulders. "Of course I do."

And with those simple four words, Rainbow Dash threw herself into Apple Jacks arms, her crying was unstoppable now, the two with there arms locked, just sat there for what seamed like a long time to them. A bird chirped somewhere off in the distance.