• Published 10th May 2012
  • 1,126 Views, 24 Comments

Bites Of The Dead - the_guy



what continues when the world ends?

  • ...
 24
 1,126

Plans

Twilight woke up in the morning with sunlight shining down on her face, she laid there for a while, not making a noise. It was very sunny again, a very nice day, Twilight could see a rainbow even though it hasn't rained for days. it was so siren outside, it was almost to beautiful for the hard times at hand.

[What was that dream I had?] Twilight thought. [for some reason I can't help but feel that was important somehow.] She continued to lay there thinking about it "UHG, forget this!" Twilight jumped out of her blankets, walked down the hallway and down the stairs.

When Twilight got downstairs, she looked around, Rainbow Dash and Pinkie Pie were playing a game of cards. Rarity and Apple Jack were in the kitchen, Rarity was chopping up some fruit, and Apple jack was frying up Hash browns. none of them had noticed Twilight yet, and none of them were making a noise other than the cooking. Twilight went and sat down in a chair near the stairs.

"Oh good morning Twilight." Rarity saw her sit down "I hope you don't mind, we thought we would take the liberty of making food this morning."

"Its fine Rarity" Twilight replied. "Thank you." There was a pause. "So how long have you guys been up for?"

"Bout an hour." Apple Jack answered. "I got everypony up to help out... some more than others."

"What can I say?" Rainbow Dash commented "I'm 20% cooler then all of you, so I get to break more often." She said with a cocky smile.

"Break?" Rarity laughed. "You haven't done anything all morning."

Rainbow Dash just shrugged and went back to her game.

"Why didn't you wake me up?" Twilight asked.

"We figured you would need the most sleep out of all of us." Apple jack answered. "Considerin you're the one that went through the most out of all of us, watching Fluttershy leave and hearing Spike was gone soon after."

As soon as Apple Jack said that she knew she had made a mistake. There was a long pause, everypony continued what they were doing without making a noise. Finally Pinkie Pie broke the silence, she started crying again

"Oh Pinkie." Twilight said. "It'll be ok, you still got us right?

"I, I know that." Pinkie managed to get out. "B...But its all sooo saaaad, WHAAAAA!"

"Its alright Pinkie, everything will be fine." Twilight tried to reason with her. Pinkie kept on crying. Twilight looked over to Rainbow Dash and saw that She was close to tears herself. "Are you alright Rainbow? Fluttershy was your closest friend, and...

"I'm sorry" Rainbow Dash interrupted.

"Sorry for what?" Twilight asked.

"Last night, when you told me that Fluttershy had... I lost it, I got mad for no reason at you, and I was wrong." Rainbow Dash apologized. "I hope you can forgive me."

"Of course I forgive you Rainbow, you're my friend to yano." She left the broken Pinkie to give Rainbow Dash a quick hug then went back to Pinkie. "I would have done the same thing in your position, and it takes guts to say stuff like that, that is something that I could probably could not do."

"Thank you." Rainbow said. her hair was covering her eyes, but Twilight could see a single tear roll down the side of her cheek. Twilight gave a smile in return.

"Hash browns 'r ready" Apple Jack yelled out in pride.

"Oh good, I just finished cutting up the fruit too." Rarity clacked her hooves in approval.

"Well then, lets eat, there's plenty for everybody." Apple jack proclaimed.

Rainbow Dash said nothing, she just got up and went to the table.

"Come on Pinkie, don't you want to eat?" Twilight said in a soothing voice. "i'm sure you're hungry." Twilight used her magic to bring over a tissue, and wiped Pinkie's eyes with it. "there, you see." Twilight said with a smile. "You're fine now, come and eat."

Pinkie nodded her head and they both walked over to the table. Rarity had set out an array of all kinds of different fruits. There were apples, pears, bananas, kiwis cantaloupe, watermelon, grapes, cherries, oranges, strawberries, raspberries, blackberries, boysenberries, and so much more.

"I guess you and Rainbow were successful in finding food huh Apple Jack?"

"Yep we were." Apple Jack replied. "We got a lot of apples, but that was expected I guess."

They all started to dig in, no one was talking, and they all had a frown on there face.

"So I guess you and Pinkie Pie didn't fine anyone." Twilight stated the obvious

"No." Rarity said staring at her food. "we didn't, the job we were assigned was unsucsesfull." She was gritting her teeth

"What about you Twilight." Rainbow added. "Did you guy's find anything?"

"We only confirmed, our suspicious. The dogs are coming out of the Everfree Forest, and that is were most of them are massed." Twilight admitted

"How many of 'em you figure there are Twilight?" Apple Jack questioned

"I don't know, probably thousands." Twilight blurted out. "There was this one point after... When I was running alone, one howled, and soon after it seemed the entire forest was screaming in my ear. You don't know how many times I tried to doge an invisible dog because I couldn't tell where anything was coming."

"So that's what that was." Rarity interrupted. "That almost scared Pinkie to death."

Everything went quiet again when Rarity said "death". Everybody look over at Pinkie to see if she was going to cry any further, she seemed ok, for now.

"Anyways." Twilight broke the silence. "From what I gathered, they will attack at any time of day, but the night time is when there most active, maybe there nocturnal, and the ones that come out during they day are just looking for some food, or something on those lines."

"So I guess that means we travel by day then, don't it" Apple Jack pointed out.

"Yes it does." Twilight answered. " But we wont be leaving for a couple of days, we need to get a lot done. I'll be assigning jobs to all of you. Well, most of the jobs will be done by me and Rarity because were the only ones who know how to make practicable things for the journey. For today, I want the three of you to do as much as you can, but there wont be much for you to do other than assisting me and Rarity, but tomorrow... Tomorrow we train."