• Published 10th May 2012
  • 1,126 Views, 24 Comments

Bites Of The Dead - the_guy



what continues when the world ends?

  • ...
 24
 1,126

Moving On

As twilight was running, she heard a howl in the distance. She stopped in her tracks.

"Fluttershy... No!" She kept on running. "I need to get to Ponyville, Its just a little further, everybody is waiting for me. Its not to much further."

The howls duplicated, more and more of them started to join in, getting louder and louder.

"How many of these things are there?" Twilight grunted to herself.

Soon the howl's started to sound like Blood curdling screams ringing in her ear, it was so close, so loud. It was almost agonizing.

"Come on Twilight, you're almost out of the forest. COME OOON!" With that last burst of energy Twilight Bursted out of the thick Everfree forest. The howl's faded. She slowed her pace, but she never stopped running, not only could the beasts catch up to her, but she felt her running was the only thing that was keeping her away from her friend fluttershy, if she stopped, she new she would have to go back.

Ponyville was just in the distance. It was different though, normally you could see things happening even from that distance, but this time was even worse than before she left, the town was barren. she ran all the way to the the library, where she had put up a protective shield spell around it. The shield was very strong, it could only be opened from the outside one way, if a unicorn jabbed there horn into the barrier and released a certain flow of magic, which only Twilight and Rarity knew, anypony could get out simply by walking through. When Twilight was inside, she saw Pinkie crying uncontrollably on Rarity's shoulder, both were locked in a tight hug.

"There were so many of them, they kept coming." Pinkie weeped.

"Its ok sweaty." Rarity tried to calm her. "Twilight's back, see? Its alright Pinkie, We'll be ok.

Pinkie continued to cry. "B, But Spike, he..."

Twilight's heart skipped a beat. "what happened to spike, Where is he?"

Pinkie cried even harder

"We were being chased." Rarity said. "spike was riding on my back. They were catching up to us, Spike he... he saw that, and... and he jumped off me, he stood there, his backs to us. He told us to go... I refused for a little bit, he told me it was the only way... He told me he loved me... He told me to tell you that it was an honor serving you, and that he hopes he completed his last task just to your expectations as he all ways does." The pain of Rarity's face was unbearable. We ran... We left spike there. We were a ways away, I felt this immense heat, I turned around and saw massive fire ball, I have never seen anything bigger. other than his screams that was last this we ever got out of him... It was beautiful.

Pinkie's cries were now shrieks of pain. Twilight couldn't believe her ears, not only had she seen Fluttershy die in front of her eyes, now the sole being who she could trust anything with was now gone.

"No, no not spike to," She felt like crying again, but her mind was stronger than her emotions. [no, I need to stay strong, I've already cried to much, and we don't need to messes of ponies right now.] She looked at a photo on the wall of her and Spike. "Good job spike, you preformed admirably." She looked down. "I wish i could be as strong as you one day."

"Twilight." Rarity interrupted. "Wheres Fluttershy?"

Twilight looked at her, after a moment of silence Pinkie paused from her sobs.

"Twilight... you're saying."

"Hey guy's let us in!" Rainbow Dash's voice filled the room. "We don't have a unicorn with us, so we cant get in!"

"I'll get that." Twilight said happy for an interruption.

As she walked out the door she checked to see if there were any beasts near by.

"Its alright" Apple Jack said. "none of 'dem Beastie's out 'ere right now"

"Alright, here I come." She fazed through the barrier with ease, then opened it up for the three of them to get in.

When they were inside, Rainbow dash called for Fluttershy.

"Its alright Fluttershy, Its just us. You can come out now".

"She's not here." Twilight said with a disturbed voice.

"Not here, What do you mean? Where is she?" Rainbow dash interrogated.

"She's in the Everfree forest. Well, I guess she's not anywhere now." Twilight looked down.

"What do you mean she's not anywhere!?" Rainbow Dash screamed. "What are you talking about!?

"She's dead!" Twilight yelled out. "Attacked by the dog things."

The room got dead silent, the four shocked ponies just stared at her in utter bewilderment.

"A- And you just LEFT HER!?" Rainbow Dash was in a rage now.

"Of course not." Twilight retaliated. "I drove the dogs off of her, and healed her wounds."

"THEN HOW IS SHE DEAD!?" Rainbow furiously yelled.

"There must be a poison in there bites, soon after I healed her, she said she was tired... and went to"sleep."" Twilight replied.

"WELL WHY DIDN'T YOU HELP HER THEN!?" Rainbow was more mad than she ever had been.

"You can't use magic to heal poison, you need an antidote for that." Twilight answered.

"UHG I CAN'T TAKE THIS, I'M GOING UPSTAIRS." She stormed off in mixture of rage and confusion.

"I'll go comfort her, I'm sure you did the best you could Twilight" Apple Jack said running up the the stairs.

Pinkie was crying more than ever now, and there were faint sobs coming from upstairs.

"What are we going to do Twilight?" Rarity asked still clutching to Pinkie Pie.

"I don;t know." Twilight admitted. "lets all try and get some sleep, I'll think of something tomorrow."

Twilight didn't realize how tired she really was until she said that.

"You to take the spare bedroom over there, I'll go upstairs to." she said

"Alright, come on Pinkie." Rarity urged

After they closed the door Twilight started to turn the light out. After they were all extinguished, she stumbled upstairs. she was about to open the door to her room, when she heard that the sobs were coming from there. She decided it was probably best to leave them alone, so she went to the end of the hallway, got some blankets out and lied on the floor.

"Oh spike..," she said almost without noise, "Good bye, I'll miss you."